1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I suppose the people who lied about the referendum told you that everything was going to be rosy?

2. What makes you think it doesn't affect the UK, if you read it they are taking the idea forward to cover many other issues.
    It doesn't mention the Euro.

3. Small steps. The eu want to make sure they can control every aspect of europe centrally from brussells. If they do get this through then I forecast the slackness of those in the eu but not yet in the euro, will change and the eu will start pushing you are in the eu so use the euro or you are not in the eu.

For control freaks this makes sense as the last thing you want is the greeks, italians etc putting the euro and the project at risk so first you make minor changes to get a foot hold in and the next thing you know, the whole of europe is using the same currency at the same tax and vat rates and to ensure stability (read control) Brussels setting nation states budgets.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. The UK has an opt out on Economic and Monetary issues. Its a discussion, I expect they talk alot of shite just like our lot does. Remember balance the books?

UKDEBT.png

#31004 Jez900ie, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. Wow fortune teller as well! More to you than I thought

zoltar.jpg

I heard that a remake of Big is being discussed, you might want to send them your CV?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Could I suggest you read history a bit more, that's how all empires start and all of those empires, inevitably fall.

I think some reading on empires and multinational take overs maybe a good area for you to fill the gap in your knowledge

as to big, I think Els got the role :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I made my own decision, unlike you :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pretty disastrous from 2007 till 2010.

9. oh dear, a british nationalist talking about empire and multinational take overs just as we are being pulled out of the EU at the same time as new tax haven powers are due to come on stream. dear dear dear.
    i was just reading about empires. from Grouse Beater. somebody at the far end of what i read. and somebody, some of you will know by his work as a script writer and director. i dont necessarily agree with his use of language, but i guess its no worse than what i see on here at times. an interesting wee read and just another opinion.
    How entertaining to watch England make its self smaller and weaker while attempting to recreate patriotic feelings of grandeur and conquest. At the rate its leaders are throwing off international friends as if old socks, it will atrophy to amoeba size before too long still crying God for Harry, England and Saint George!.
    from this. :innocent:

https://grousebeater.wordpress.com/2019/03/23/twilight-of-the-emperium/

• Like Like x 3
  10. Another one who has missed the point entirely - quite tiresome :sleeping:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. :D
    what is the point that i am missing? what is it you find tiresome? the language?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. World reccesion didn't help but it could have been better... What do you think of 2010 to 2018 - 2019 is a continuation of the rise so far.

13. We all make our own decisions, you aren't so special as you think.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Not quite sure why me being british, as you are fin, makes me a nationalist by talking about how the eu moved from the eec and a trade body to now be an authorising body since maastericht, is empire building fin.

The facts are there for all to see

Lay off the whiskey fin, I suspect it influences most of your posts :D

Which of course is your failed narrative given wales voted to leave and 38% of scots voted to leave and yet 46.6% of the English voted to remain, how does that fit in with your englander mantra?

Your attempt as the example you offer, is pure child's hour

2 out of 10 fin , must try harder

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I don't think I am special, special needs maybe :thinkingface: but I am not stupid like Remainers think :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. And you missed my point too, it's catching o_O

17. The total is still getting bigger, but the rate of increase has reduced greatly.

The total deficit doesn’t start reducing until the annual deficits have been eliminated and the debt interest covered.

In summary, we are still paying down the credit card bill for Gordon Brown’s profligacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. So the debt has more than doubled but thats what you expected?

19. Isn't it what everyone expects from Western governments?

Where are you from, Jez?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information