1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. again, tbh, with noob, i think it goes deeper than that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Calm down you'll have a heart attack and it'll cost us UK tax payers!

Did you bother reading the Fullfacts link? Looks pretty obvious that we're onto a loser here.

Our 1 million citizens in the EU seem to cost a lot more than the 3M+ EU & Swiss over here. We are terrible at claiming and receiving costs back. I have often heard hospital medical staff recounting that some London hospitals in particular have a high % of international NHS health takers that do not ever get charged, so it's a systemwide failure. Maybe mandatory heath insurance needs to be demanded upon entry. Or maybe that makes me a racist!

In 2015, EEA countries and Switzerland claimed against the NHS for over £674 million of costs of treating people from the UK overseas. In the same year, the NHS claimed for £50 million of equivalent costs for treating EEA and Swiss citizens in the UK.

These figures are taken from a response to a written question from the Department for Health in England to John Mann MP in 2016, and refer to 2015. Mr Mann then wrote about this issue on his website.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. attempt 5 see's me still asking for you to supply where on the bus it says how much will got to nhs, you still refuse to answer. I don't expect to get one at this stage but your refusal stands out

Agree, there is the sliding scale budget also, where countries agree contributions to the eu they are often based on percentages so if a country does well then in real money, their countries contribution goes up and they have to pay more than the seven year budgetary cycle agreed funds. In this way the u.k. has been caught out quite a few times. It's largely covered in this eu agreement
    https://www.oecd.org/gov/budgeting/budgeting-and-performance-in-the-eu-oecd-review.pdf

Hopefully we will get kicked out in 2 days, the country cannot cope with another 12 months of keep going back to the eu every other month but also the people of the U.K. need this to stop as it sucks all that there is throughout in europe.

Macron has rather dug himself a hole as he see's Merkels star falling and wanted to take her place, the trouble is he's had the yellow jackets just before the eu elections for mep's so the tough talking of no further extensions is meant to make him look like a man in charge of europe and distract away from macrons failings and inevitable substantial rise by populist parties within the eu elections .

They also know May is likely to get mullered at the council elections next month and then she will probably be stepping down, this absolutely would give the eu a brexiteer prime minister to deal with

#31303 noobie, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. That picture came out a year after the vote, and the lettering is more blurred on the large lettering than the lettering below on the wall :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. You are wrong about everything :joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. upload_2019-4-10_18-19-37.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    one of those two are the densest thing in the universe.
    :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. I never saw this image until quite some time after the referendum.

And I actually took an interest in the issues underpinning the referendum ... unlike those fearful, head-in-the-sand Remainders. Meh.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Thiko, you posted the best looking Z1 ever instead of this:

Happy to help where I can :):upyeah:

25870.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. They have to make things up otherwise they would explode o_O:bomb:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DQ.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. Are we there yet? Can I close this thread now? Because we will just go round and round in circles.
    yep.......0.002% of the laws passed in that time. Awful. Truly awful.

Get a grip. :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. No.
    People are still finding out things,and explaining things,and enjoying learning about things.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think you need to know what one is first el, the campaign as you have already been told (god that reading sickness amongst remainers is spreading) was more about making our own laws for the u.k. and by the u.k. more than what the eu push on us.

You keep choosing to ignore that won't make it go away

14. You are too blinkered dude :cool:

The EU will not vote against an extension and will want a long extension - ask yourself why :thinkingface:

You are not strong and stable enough for this thread o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Don't you have DQ in your armoury :eyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I agree.

Some interesting links and opinions from both sides come up. People from different parts of the country with different ideas etc.
    I also find it interesting how the same fact can be interpreted in many ways.

• Like Like x 1
  17. which bit of we voted in the majority to leave the EU is difficult? A once in a lifetime opportunity there will be no going back!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. surely you wouldn't want anybody arrested or jailed by false witness?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. These figures do not include the EU tariffs collected by the UK,(then sent to the EU),charged on imported goods that are sold/consumed/used in the UK.
    So for example,should a product made in the USA ,(shipped directly to the UK for a UK customer),be subject to an EU tariff,the amount charged will be sent directly to the EU.(Any VAT on the deal will be kept by the UK-how generous!).
    Naturally the importer will add the tariff amount to the price he charges for the product,and the customer has to pay it..
    In effect,the UK collects money from its own citizens for having the temerity to buy something that they want from the USA,even if we don't make it in this country.
    And then sends that money to the EU,of which we don't get anything back.
    A first class scam of epic proportions.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information