1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I rated this "Thanks" but only because there isn't an OMGWTFBBQ! rating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. missesoldforumsmileys

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Wikileaks founder was wanted by the UK police for breaching his bail conditions, after a saga that began in November 2010, when Sweden issued an international arrest warrant for Assange, after authorities in the country questioned him over allegations of sexual assault and rape, which he denied.

4. So, Parliament has decided to celebrate the agreement of an extension to Brexit by taking a holiday.

No rush then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. He was arrested for skipping bail the same as the speedboat killer. Assange could have been released as that offence would have been fought but within the last few moments, the foreign office has just announced the U.S. has applied for an extradition order to them, for Assange.

6. It appears the UK may have given Ecuador assurances that Mr. Assange shall not be extradited to another country where his life may be forfeit, so that may rule out sending him to the US of A, though Sweden appear to still want him?

7. How coincidental that after, some, 8 years Julien Assange has bee arrested in central London in relation to a crime he denied and charges subsequently dropped. How kind of the 'Mercans to ask to chat to him for what reason?

Now if I was a conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:

8. 1489.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Are you sure those Swedish charges have been dropped? I thought the case had been suspended whilst he was “unavailable” to assist with enquiries: not the same thing now that he suddenly has become available.

10. I thought they had dropped chasing him but the actual statute by the swedes on his alledged offence remains till august next year?

11. BBC say charges dropped - so they probably still stand :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Well I’ve checked my local council website and I can’t see any planning permission for the extension.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I wonder if they’ll do a Statutory Instrument this time?

We may still find we left last month!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I too believed that the Swedish faux-charges had been dropped. Can you be charged with evading bail for charges that don't exist?

Still - assuming that Sweden dropped the charges, and that the UK assured Ecuador that there will be no extradition to the US and that there will be consequences from the UK's breach of international norms by arresting an individual in another countries embassy ... with all these factors acting in Assange's favour ... I estimate the chances of Assange being dragged to the USA to disappear down a deep dark hole at 100%. He's toast.

*Rule of Law* LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eddie Snowden is next :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yep. There was an International Arrest Warrant when he was bailed by a UK court.
    By jumping bail he was in contempt of the UK court: judges tend to take a dim view of that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. I seem to remember there have been cases before where the Americans promise not to pass the death sentence which resolves that issue.

I 'm not too confident that Assange or anyone else who exposes the secrets of the US, UK, China, France, Russia (Saudi Iran NPK Israel Eygpt most African countries) or any other country for that matter have much of a chance of an aquittal.

Wikileaks was mostly a question of Freedom of Speech, it has a cost, and it will be paid.

#31378 Jez900ie, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. If you look back over the years, the Russians don't seem to drop individuals in the merde. All Brit spies lived to a ripe old age in their gulags.

19. Shame.

On TV, all's well after they escape jail, prove their innocence and catch the bad guy. Why can't life be more like TV?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information