1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. deffo. i think your the perfect candidate to send magie may a wee letter demanding we stop making armaments for foreign nations and just blow ourselves up instead.
    geez half the population is so intoxicated on taking back control it has forgotten where the boundaries are.. it's such a simple argument yet still you dont get it. the majority in scotland dont want fracking. we have sufficient powers to stop it so we did. there are probably several reason why the majority of Scots dont want fracking, A. possible pollution B. westminster continuing to take our resources while promoting the financial "basket case" argument. C. neglecting green investment. D interfering with our high quality high value business strategy. scotland has an enviable food/drink, tourist and green energy industry. why risk it?

2. and how does importing plastic resolve an energy issue ???

3. So tell me what WILL happen two years from signing Article 50? I'm interested to hear why those who voted leave think it will different and what grounds they have for this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Oh dear me, yet more claims of xenophobia and racism.

I predict that the shine will slowly start to fade on Nippy as more Scots turn away from the SNP, the only question is where they will turn to. No doubt the faithful will continue to go on about the overwhelming support she has but that is an exaggeration, not quite on the scale of the claimed overwhelming support for Corbyn south of the border, but exaggeration non the less.

The people in the UK have spoken in two referenda, get behind the program Fin ;) .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. We will leave the EU, simple as that. Meanwhile the EU will stumble towards it's collapse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Is the correct answer. And the sooner we leave the sooner more member states will and this imperialist project can be benignly dismantled.

7. are you a xenophobe jv? whose called you a xenophobe? what have you done to call out the xenophobes within the brexit campaign?. did you look at the comments? did you see any anti this or anti that in there? what have you done too curb the xenophobic comments in the dailys? have you ever condemned them? are you in denial? :smileys:. why are all the good men saying nothing?.
    yip two reffs, the latter made the first null and void. but being an expert and well informed commentator on the union (ie a contract between two countries) you would know that and why. the stats show if i have mentioned referendum once a tory will have mentioned it 6 times already. so give it a rest ruth. if push comes to shove there will be one more based on the result of brexit by our partners in another country. thats what you call getting behind the program jv. btw i don't think you are a xenophobe anymore than you think i am a fascist, i don't think any reasonable person on here does.
    latest stats if hard brexit= 55% for independence within the EU. and the campaign haven't started.
    over to you MrsMay. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. i know how yer mind works loz for every funny your really saying agree. cheers. :upyeah:
    dont know what it is but but when you start yer typing this always comes in to my mind. :Hilarious: :smileys:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. I was of course referring to the article you previously linked. The accusations of xenophobia and racism by the Remoaners are over done. I see nothing xenophobic or racist about reclaiming control of your borders and implementing an immigration policy whilst at the same time seeking to open up trade with the rest of the world. It is the EU that is restricting trade by allowing Belgium (!) to veto an EU trade deal with Canada. If it is necessary for all 27 members to agree a deal then the result will be logjam. The EU, to survive, must move on to the next stage of the Project and remove entirely the concept of the nation state and all major decisions will then be taken centrally, which makes a mockery of Nippy's vision of independence within the EU, it is an oxymoron.

Amol Rajan on QT last night offered the opinion it is only a question of time as to when Scotland leaves the UK, and I suspect he is right, but for me the break up of the UK will be a very sad day. I hope the unravelling and fragmentation of the rest of the EU happens sooner rather than later.

10. i know this jv. no hostility here. its why i read and enjoy your posts. i disagree more often than not but hayho. :upyeah::smileys:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. So what will happen on signing Article 50 and on the two year anniversary of that? Or maybe you would prefer not to answer that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. dont get stressed duke, loz has just agreed with you. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Thread merged with the Joke Page thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Erm, it's gas we import and increasing volumes of it. Ineos is a petrochemical company producing large volumes of petrol and diesel that you fill vehicles with, including yer bike and plane......

15. Jeez finm I thought it was missy cranky that made these statements :wink:

16. Holyrood says it is ready to take over from London as Europe's premier financial centre

upload_2016-10-14_17-1-27.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. There's a presumption that the EU garden is all sweetness and roses. Just around the corner is a referendum in Italy which may well cause upheaval there. Their banks are in the sick bay which will make Greece look like a sunday afternoon tea. And strangely enough Brexit has nothing to do with it. But heyho the EU is the panacea to all our woes...

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Trade with Canada? For maple syrup?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mountie Bars as well...........plus the odd lumberjack thrown in for good measure......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information