1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Not believing everything you are told.

3. Uh, *everyone*, duh! :Hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. you got to have faith
    i pity you.

5. I got you all wrong, finm. Your name is Gloaty McGloatface, sorry for my earlier error :)

You have to have faith but it helps to have faith in the right kind of people.

6. what kind of people?

7. People who are selling something are not the kind of people.
    If you can find people not wholly dedicated to increasing their own wealth, not entirely addicted to their own self-aggrandisement ... start searching amongst them. You might find someone worthy.

Have a little faith, finm! :)

8. seems a little strange of you to think i couldn't reach the grand old age of 39 experiencing most things in life yet still be unable to separate the wheat from the chaff?. an odd kind of defeatism your displaying there my good man. what has life done to you so that you cant put a little trust in anybody? :smileys:

9. You're young, you're inexperienced ... you've yet to visit a major city, for Goat's sake! There's a big wide world out here if you'd only choose not to shut yourself in.

Are you suggesting that the process of putting your faith in people is the important thing, whoever they might be? Do you not think that it is better to reserve your judgement and wait for people who do not fall at the first hurdle in terms of presenting trustworthiness?
    Put another way - I have to trust *someone* so I'll just have to pick someone to put my faith in. Is that how it's meant to work?

Oh and - "defeatism"? :D Did I or did I not support Brexit?

finm, you kidder :Hilarious:

10. loz. wtf was that all about? :Hilarious:
    and the worst of it is i almost went to offer a reasoned response.
    no you didnt support brexit. you considered it the lesser of two weavils. thats not supporting it. thats following the crowd Baa Baaa. :Cigar::smileys:

11. Well that went down really well in the referendum didn't it? :grinning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. finm, we can pick this up after you re-do that politics course you dropped.

Oh, and after you've sobered up too :Smuggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. yeh, ram that in yer pipe and smoke it brexit boy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. That

:Hilarious:

Told

Me

15. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. NewsFlash!

Newspapers Using Scary Headlines to Sell Newspapers!

Population mystified. "Why do they do this?", ask people.

Experts say, "Anything we're paid to say".

Turn to Page Six for a version of the full story and to see adverts for Accident Solicitors and mis-sold PPI claims.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's because you're always sitting on the grumpy chair :smiley:

But let's go through a few

Nissan will announce next month whether it will produce one of its best-selling cars in the UK, after it had threatened to leave the country unless it received “compensation” for tariffs incurred to import cars into the EU.

Ermm what Tariffs? We are still in the EU for at least 2 years so what is there to compensate them for?

Next three statements then

Breaking even this year is going to be very challenging.”
    "So far British sales have held up “pretty well” since the referendum, Stevens said
    GM announced record profits and sales worldwide after its US business performed well

Thousands of jobs are at risk after Vauxhall's US owner warned it could cut production in Europe

Interestingly enough with the pound lower, it probably has had more sales as the vans become cheaper which might explain the "So far British sales have held up “pretty well” comment but funnily enough they do not mention the higher sales as a positive themselves.

This is called posturing and witholding your hand. They lost the ability to influence the people so are now still playing project fear and trying to influence governments from carrying out the will of the vote.

I don't blame them for trying and playing silly games with threats for something that hasn't happened, but then I also don't fall for it everytime they say it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information