1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nissan.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. did no one else see the irony in that ^ ^?

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Time for May and her cabinet to resign. :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. High Court rules the Government must consult with MPs before Article 50 is triggered.

Which means it won't be triggered - See? What did I tell you?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Like I say, one the greatest oxymorons of all time: "Parliamentary Democracy".

6. Hardly a Drama Queen, Ex-itch.........Just been around a lot longer than most members here, so observation of political shenanigans has been noticed for quite a long time.

7. There'll be trouble at' mill :Bookworm:

8. The drama queen button is for fun :D now stop it with the hurt :p

9. lol win win for everyone

• Like Like x 1
  10. not really :( :Hilarious:

11. Cmon finm, you might still get what you want once May has been given the boot along with her millionaire cronies.

12. I think it's utterly ridiculous. The vote happened and if the few now vote against it and beat the many who voted previously then what was the point. Another waste of public money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. No it means Parliament will be consulted before it is triggered. So what?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Anarchy in the UK? :Wideyed:
    Dare they? :Watching:

15. In theory, Parliament will/must be consulted at each and every decision-point ... long before we reach the triggering of Article 50 (if that ever happens).

Imagine you are looking to buy an expensive second-hand motorcycle and you want to negotiate a price. Today's court decision would be the equivalent of you having to take the Missus along with you when you go to talk figures with the seller and have her stand at your shoulder during the bargaining process. You can imagine how well that would work.

16. The Missus doesn't have to get re-elected.

17. No, but you do ;)

18. Not me. I quit and went freelance years ago.
    My house is not a democracy, its an independent princedom. A poor one, but independent. I recommend it.

#3600 Gimlet, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information