1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ssssh finm, you are being dingied. Don't kick off now :)

2. aye but only by the finest of people. who better to be dingied by? :smileys:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. No one is elected as prime minister just as no one is elected as Chancellor of the Exchequer or Home Secretary. We choose the MPs, they choose the PM, the PM chooses the cabinet,

4. during the Scottish election at holyrood i am pretty sure ruth davidson never or rarely mentioned tory or conservative on any of her promo stuff. wonder why?
    just saying

5. My point being, we the people should always have the last say in decision making as we are the many. Anything else is not a true democracy.

Yes, I am happy to have an electorate make day to day decisions. If it is serious enough to warrant a country wide vote it should override all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Of course Britain has never been very democratic. The Head of State is not elected democratically. The upper house of Parliament is not elected democratically. The Prime Minister and government are elected indirectly by MPs, not directly. The judiciary are not elected democratically. None of these constitutional provisions has ever been approved democratically by the people. Democratically elected bodies such as local authorities can be and are arbitrarily abolished. Essentially, the UK is only a bit democratic - embarrassingly less democratic than other European countries.

All this does not alter the fact that when this year's referendum was being set up, it was decided not to make it binding. The decision was to make it advisory. There is nothing rarefied or debatable about this - it is a very plain and simple fact. You might wish the facts were otherwise, but they are what they are. Those who keep trying to assert that the referendum was binding are mistaken. Or to put it less politely, lying.

7. For once, I agree with you. Though I think of it as an icy grip rather than a warm bosom. The die is cast. Legal cases brought by billionaire hedge fund managers and the pontifications of unelected judges are side shows. You can't turn back the tide. You have at some point to accept that it is stronger than you and you either harness its power for something useful or you are overwhelmed by it.

8. yea a break through.
    my moneys on you agreeing with me more often than care to admit.
    join us, join us gimlet, unite the clans.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. "Unelected" eh? Funny how you only call people 'unelected' when they make decisions which are not to your liking. Those who make decisions which you happen to approve of are never labelled 'unelected'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Judges are there to protect the law of the land and this is what they have done today. The PM was trying to enforce a decision she is not legally allowed to do.

If she wants to do otherwise then she needs to change the law through the correct channels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. No. I call them unelected when they have not been elected. It doesn't matter a toss what decisions they make or who approves of those decisions or who does not.

12. Tee-Hee..............F*** Brexit or Remainx.................I'm enjoying this.

Will it be pitchforks and billhooks at dawn in the very near future?

Or will it be p*ssups and b*lloks?

13. I ran out of popcorn 170 odd ( very odd) pages back

14. @finm, watch Question time :Watching: - but don't try and answer any questions or comment :Nailbiting: - not till you had more practice anyhoo :D

:Angelic::smileys::Cigar:

15. its fine, it multi choice. either the coffee mug, remote or vase is gonna get it. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I suggest you read

A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks | Book review | Books | The Guardian

in it there is a character called John Veals who has a hedge fund ...

A fictional story but George Soros isn't a fictional character, he bet against the Pound and won, lots.

17. But it was never binding ...

18. There are a lot of mealy mouthed politicians such as Hillary Benn and Stephen Kinnock crawling out of the woodwork saying how they respect the will of the people and would vote for a bill to invoke Article 50 who then go on to say that they want Parliament to have the final say.

Hypocrites and bastards the lot of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I had a hedge fund a few years ago, and no chinless corporate fuckwit to manage it for me either. Saved up to buy 120 yards of Elaeagnus x Ebbingei - the proper evergreen one not that goldy variagated thing. Bought em, got them planted, tended them and got them to 3 feet high and ready for the first trim when I was flooded out, the house and garden ruined and I never went back. That was the end of that. Hedge is still there though.

20. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information