1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The only good poker players are the ones who keep their hand held close, the ones who tell all, end up like labour.

2. look, look. now's yer chance. he's ready for yah. :upyeah::smileys:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. nah. there gonna take advantage of the tax brakes it gonna take to get business here.

4. government, politics , brexit , Deloitte , truth,, all in one breath, conflict of interests there

5. I would suggest Deloiites know far more about economics and trade deals than any government department does.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Except it's not a game of poker
    It's a negotiation.
    They know what we want, we know what they can offer. There are no surprises or secret cards that the EU negotiators will be beaten by if we play them.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. There's a surprise. :Meh:

8. The fact that someone working for, or contracted on behalf of Deloitte, has leaked or 'misplaced' an internal memo they've written (or received) means absolutely nothing, apart from that they should be more careful in such a professional environment.

Suggesting that the memo is Deloitte's actual stance is nothing more than guess work.

I can send an internal memo to my colleagues at work stating 'my view' on something, a supplier or new product for example.

But that doesn't mean that it's the view of the company, nor does it mean I'm right and that the other 99.99% of people I work with agree with me.

Clearly Deloitte have already said that the person who wrote the memo had no access to number 10, or any other government departments.

It sounds like they're fairly embarrassed about it to be frank, I would also expect they're worried about how it looks from other clients perspectives that internal, non commissioned memos, leak out to be public knowledge.

Imagine that, Deloitte a company that turns over £3bn working with clients on highly confidential matters now looking like they can't secure internal data

They should be embarrassed

9. is this one of the company's that advises the government/treasury on how to devise and implement tax policy? and private individuals and company's on how to avoid the tax legislation they helped to impalement i have seen mentioned on here several times? if so, we should all be a little embarrassed. as they say, we get the government we deserve.

10. Not as much as the government should be.

Its already public knowledge that the Treasury, that has to balance the Nation's books, is at odds with the rest of the Cabinet on Brexit, who don't have to worry about such things.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Whilst we are throwing links around, perhaps out government knows a bit more than we on a ducati forum do? I suspect Boris and many in the government behind the scenes have talked at some length behind closed doors which might explain

Germany's Merkel offers 'wiggle room' in Brexit talks on the free movement of people

I feel these maybe the reasons

German economy slows in third quarter - BBC News

Migrant crisis: Merkel urges Germans to see 'opportunity' - BBC News

I'm all linked out now but I will add, far too many, mostly remoaners, still continue to put the U.K. and it's future down and choose not to see we are a great country with huge potential and the ability to punch hundreds of times above our weight and size.

I'm pretty confident the main points of Brexit will be achieved and in a way that will see us raech forward positively. The U.K. has often been claimed to be the home of modern democracy ( it isn't as we have a second and unelected house) but if it was then democracy through brexit seems to have given democracy in the world, a 2.0 update.

12. Well no, I don't see it that way.

The government hasn't leaked a non official document, written by an individual, intended for internal use of how they feel about the inner workings of Deloitte.

That's pretty much the end of it.

You can't say there's truth in the document as it's an opinion formed by somebody not even officially tasked or invited in by the government. You don't even know who the recipients were within Deloitte, it could have been nothing more than a small team of anti Brexit chums having a moan.

I suppose if an alternative document leaked by an unspecified employee of Deloitte supporting the government and saying that they've heard this and heard that, and all is rosey in the world of Brexit planning you'd dismiss it out of hand?

13. Yes and yes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. No and yes.

That internal report was written whilst Cameron was in office and noted what is already known, the tories under Cameron dare not make plans for leaving the EU as they were so obnoxious that they thought they would win and secondly they were so afraid if any had been made, that they would leak out and give hope to the Brexiteers.

That company have admitted they are not involved in Brexit through the government and that internal article that was created whilst Cameron was in power and again was created by themselves, for themselves.

15. for purposes of misleading them selves no doubt. :Banghead:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information