1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Don't see anyone with a gun to their heads forcing them to work for someone? Working conditions are better than they've ever been,and people are better off than they've ever been.Even those on welfare invariably have got a fag on and a hound on a string that needs feeding.Thats not poverty.
    No one owes anyone a living,and never has done,one has to get off ones arse and graft if one wants to get anywhere

2. Course we would there's more to life (and people) than politics.

3. aint that the truth. been 3+years of serious heavy duty full bore debate with about 25% shouting and bawling. wears you down. yah daft feckers it was all supposed to be over on june 23rd. :mad::smileys:
    (i suppose i should be thanking the brexiteers) possibly one last push in the hard light of MAY then that's it. and if not.
    until the next time. :Hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I would compare them yes as there is no guaranty of any work, to be honest when it comes to rights zero hours has more than self employed.

This might help correct your incorrect information Zero Hours Myth Busting | Acas

Of the times I have been employed on zero hours it has always been through agencies and not directly to the employer. Generally it would go like this, I'd get a call on a Friday saying what work was available next week and I'd say if I could do it. This worked well for me as at those times I had other commitments as well as direct employment

Only once did I get a shitty agency who expected me to turn up at a moments notice and when I couldn't, they didn't give me any work that week, that said they were generally known as a shit agency

5. You should see how zero hours contracts work direct with an employer. My son and his mates have experience of this from a big national employer.

I'm sorry but you don't have much idea how it works at the bottom end of the scale.

6. When you live with a manic depressive, I suppose you'll take any job to get out of the house. :Meh:

7. Agency zero contract is the bottom of the scale but I bow to your need to win gold at the oppression Olympics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. You are just confirming what i thought.

Oppression? No, just saying the reality is a bit different if you earn less than the working minimum wage but only when your employer sees fit.

Its precisely why we are seeing people vote against the system itself without really understanding what they are voting for.

9. Are there different types of zero contract hours?

10. Sorry but I seem to have lost the train of thought behind all this zero hours stuff and can't be bothered to read the previous pages

So how did we get on to this?

How exactly do zero hour contracts become affected if we stay in the EU?

Are we saying that the EU are most likely to ban them? Because if so they haven't done much about them thus far

Surely from a self governing perspective we can go ahead and ban zero hours contracts anyway can't we?

I'm so confused....

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I think people are bored so changed the subject ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. bored or exasperated?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aahhh the old "you brexiters are to stupid to understand mantra again

It's the usual scaremongering Dan normally by remoaners and hard left who try to tell you that unless we have membership of the EU, then the dreadnoughts that are the tories will scrap every part of EU law in regards to workers rights and they will start sending children down the pits again, it is rubbish of course but let them enjoy their teeth grinding and facial gurning of hate.

I suspect most rights will be maintained as we have had them in place and have worked with them for many years

I would take your link seriously had it not decalred itself as

THE UK’S INDEPENDENT FACT CHECKING CHARITY claimed

"Not all have an explicit ban, but it’s correct that most EU countries outlaw these contracts, heavily restrict them, or don’t see them widely used."

but then adds...it's facts were not their own facts but a claim from Jeremy Corbyn on june the 16th of this year and he copied them from a lawyers firm whose bread and butter is taking on labour law cases

They add that out of 28 countries, only 10 have banned them. 10 is not most

If you look at how they come about with their figures they even say themselves they are estimates

Hardly the "fact checking" I suspect you tried to promote as truth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. scot con scot lib vote against scotland attempting to protect it's membership of the single market
    scot lab abstain.
    holyrood is deffo turning in to a two party state.
    scot nats and brit nats.

15. When Gove said in parliament yesterday that he wasn't interested in the economic facts of Brexit but that we needed to leave the EU ASAP, it says it all in my opinion.

They could not give a shit about the consequences to you and I as long as they can have complete control over us all and nobody threatens their massive wealth and power.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. FIFY:
    The EU could not give a shit about the consequences to you and me as long as they can have complete control over us all and nobody threatens their wealth and power.

A national government, even an incompetent one, does not have complete control over us because we can sack them. Vive la difference..

17. And of course you are entitled to your opinion. Brexiteers understand that in a way remoaners are unable to, without labelling brexiteers as stupid.

As to Gove, hardly a source now of anything other than his own opinion.

With an election due almost at the end of the 2 year period, the government need for this to work is almost as much as those who voted for it and those who didn't but still want to just get on with it.

Power over us? I think the British government have been the first to understand the political convention has now changed as have the Americans. Europe on the other hand and particularly the EU administration are STILL insisting people know nothing and they the elite need to tell us and we need to follow.

I'm surprised you cannot see that the very thing you want to remain in, is more people power abusive than anything that exists in Europe

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tbfair, you should not really compare some one whois struggling to try to bring up afamily and keep a roof over their head on zero hours work and someone who periodically uses temp agencies to top up their pocket money while they have other employment elsewhere,,, and who are quite likely willing to work for less than someone who needs a proper job therefor further reducing the deriseable pittance which is being offered by the parasitic agency .

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. when the council ( or some exploititive private landlord ) are knocking on the door looking for the rent, the lecky is due, two kids getting hungry, school uniforms to buy, car to tax etc etc,, i am sure it must seem like a gun to many

Do Not Sell My Personal Information