1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You would be correct

the simplest solution makes the most sense. If you live in the eu then you abide by their legal system and if you live in the U.K. then you abide by the U.K. legal system.

#9081 noobie, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Or just maybe Davis and Co don't have a fucking clue about hat they are doing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Of course they know what they're doing, it's just that they aren't doing exactly what the EU want them to do and knickers are getting in a twist.

The sooner you realise that the EU are not interested in doing a deal and every position they take will be at odds with the wishes of a soon to be Sovereign nation the less stressed you'll be over this.

Have the recent Juncker and Macron speeches not made things clear enough from an EU point of view?

Surely you can see that they're clearly over pitching the financial obligations, the EU court jurisdiction and I'm sure they'll be plenty more than that to come.

They do not want a deal, it's that simple and this is all just posturing with them all trying to avoid being the ones that look unreasonable.

It'll come to a head sooner or later but the world won't end whatever happens to the talks. WTO will suffice as interim quite well

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The EU negotiators job is to protect the position of the 27 remaining countries. It's not their job to worry about the UK.

The U.K. Government want to leave but want to keep the best parts of being a member.

You can't have it both ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. If you think that's what the EU negotiators are doing, then you are more blinkered that even I thought you were.

As @damodici says above, they are pushing the UK into walking away and then pointing the finger. The only problem with this is that the UK govt seem reluctant to do so at this point. Hopefully they will see sense soon and tell the EU negotiators to stick it. The more we spend on this pointless negotiation, the more time we are wasting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The job of the EU "negotiators" is to prevent any other member states from following the UK's example by frightening the 27 remaining inmates out of any thoughts of holding membership referendums of their own.

The European project has never been about protecting the individual interests of nation states. The "position" of the nation state as far as The Project is concerned is anathema and one that must be manoeuvred out of existence to be replaced by an imperialist single state from which national democracy has been expunged.

The UK has chosen to return to the primacy of sovereign parliamentary democracy and Euro ideologues are desperate that we should be worse off as a result, or more accurately, that we should appear to be worse off, whatever the price to the remaining captives. The interests of those nations never enters the calculation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Like them or loathe them,without UKIP there would never have been a Referendum.
    And now they've been infiltrated/castrated completely,I doubt there will be any form of Brexit whatsoever.
    no one seems to have heard of this guy,but miracle of miracles the NEC have got their wish and elected an ex-Lib.Dem
    Establishment member of the Old Boy Network,whose taxpayer funded career has kept him well away from the people who he has just been elected to represent.
    A good day for the anti-English racists and the anti-Democratic bigots,a bad day for democracy and the aspirations of the working class:

[​IMG]

8. Looks like the Tories are slowly pulling themselves apart.

There various arguments are about as cohesive as a colander of maggots. :D

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. Dude, it's Saturday night, have a drink and chill ffs. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. No ones biting tonight,you're just boring now

11. Have you seen the Sunday papers? Mayhem is coming to the end... Plus poor Boris needs to be sacked so he can get a better paid job!

12. Sounds like she is having a breakdown but being forced to stay in charge as no one wants the poisoned chalice.

Could be having another GE very soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  13. And therefore Corbyn in charge I presume?

Let's face it, Vince cable isn't going to win so realistically it should be nailed on for Corbyn?

Yet this is a thread about Brexit, and Corbyn wants to leave the EU.

I wonder how the students will vote if he's actually honest enough to admit that

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. When push comes to shove Labour, especially under the current regime, is more split on Europe than the Tories. The technocratic, soft-left Blairites of the party are as vehemently and uncritically committed to the EU at any cost as the old-world hard-left Marxist of Corbyn's wing are opposed to it and they hate each other ideologically. Labour are very good at keeping a lid on these differences when they think they have, against all expectations, an unlikely sniff of power, but they also have a gift for self-destruction and blood-letting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. May is being allowed to remain as leader to execute Brexit, after that, she'll be gone whether she wants to go or not.

I think everyone recognises she was disaterous is the last election campaign and I've seen nothing to say she has learned the lessons. She looks an awkward figure on TV and interviews poorly, stuttering and stammering on even the most basic questions. She's far too cautious and this is leading to her being bullied and pushed around, not at least by the EU and her own party.

Corby's dadner is up because he wasn't as big a loser as some thought he was (This always makes me laugh. He lost the election yet is parading around in some kind of triumphalist trance :grinning:) If he was up against a half decent politician with a spine, ready to go nose to nose with him, he'd be toast forever. Dig down and look at the policies, especially around privatisation and spending, it's scary. Labour recognise this and expect them to smear Rees-Mogg, Davidson, or Johnston at every opportunity for fear they will be leader in the future. They aren't calling for May to be sacked, just for her to call an early election as they recognose she is a sitting duck. God help us if Phillip Hammond succeeds her though, he's John Major in a different suit.

We won't have another election anytime soon, in fact not in this decade and I'm willing to give you another bet on that.

Boris Johnston is playing a very cute game. He recognises that he can't be sacked, sees May back sliding and is keeping her on course publicly. :) Let her try and disagree with anything he is saying. :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I'm not really a fan of any of the current crop in truth.

On the conservative side Mogg is quite entertaining in a superbly cutting and witty way in which he deals with idiots, that man can debate. However he's still a bit too posh i fear and his strong beliefs won't serve him well as a PM because they'll leave him too open.

Boris, well he's just a buffoon , i appreciate he's a really smart chap but he's just too much of a clown for me and honestly cant see him getting anywhere when it comes down to hard decisions by the voters. I don't even find him funny and thats usually why people warm to him.

Corbyn, well i don't know what to make of him. One day he wants to wear his heart on his sleeve and be open and honest, which is quite a decent thing. The next he's extremely guarded and won't commit to the harder questions and thats where he falls out of favour.

I dare say Corbyn is being pulled pillar to post by party members, if you let him be who he wants i doubt his ratings would be quite so high but at least you'd get honesty.

Nope, they're all shit

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I think Rees-Mogg recognises this and has got all of his skeletons out of the cupboard early. If he launches a leadership bid, his beliefs on abortion, the fact he's a millionaire with a nanny and has never changed a nappy are all very old news. Corbyn may enjoy a debate with May (who wouldn't) but the Mogg would tie him in knots and make him look like the person we all knew he was before the last election.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I find it peculiar to the U.K. and to the euro zone.

The Scottish demanded (well mostly the whinging snp) that they be allowed a independence vote by the Scottish, of course being the U.K. the home of modern democracy, it was allowed, they said no thank you and the snp bemoaned the democratic vote and then complained that the moon must have effected the vote as they lost, but whether they lost or won, The U.K. saw it as the right thing to do as the U.K. promotes democratic votes ( that doesn't include the, mum mum I lost mum lets have another vote right now mum, before those chime in :D)

For decades, the U.K. has rather always felt like a square peg in a round whole when it comes to the eu so eventually after many decades, the people of the U.K. were allowed to have their say on the eu through a democratic vote, of course being the U.K. the home of modern democracy, it was allowed

Spain, an eu country through and through, today has closed polling stations, locked out people and have fired rubber bullets at their own people of all ages for wanting nothing more than the opportunity to have a democratic vote

On all three, the eu have decried european democratic countries allowing their own people and by default, eu residents, having their democratic right to vote, being used. For the eu, it's own people having a democratic right to a democratic vote, is the last thing they have ever wanted and will continue to do all they can to shut those rights down

The U.K. is not perfect, far from it, it's people have become more shitty and selfish BUT unlike the eu we understand the difference between a democratic vote for it's people and the eu's dictatorship that removes democracy.

19. Because none of them really want to represent the people living in Britain. Party politics ALWAYS comes before this Country's interests.

There is a huge opportunity for a new Party to emerge from this mess, one that truly represents those who keep the Country going through work, paying their taxes and voluntary help, not those who do sweet FA or those whose only interest is to avoid paying their fair share whilst telling everyone else what to do.

Made me laugh recently when the British Virgin islands were whining that the UK hadn't done enough to help when the hurricanes hit. Well frankly fuck you. Make those tax evaders pay their way.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information