1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Its common practise (and common sense) all over the world for states to refuse admission to foreign nationals who have no job and no financial means of supporting themselves.
    Can't see what the controversy is. But then if you read the Guardian everything that doesn't involve living in Islington and eating mung beans is controversial and outrageous.

#9461 Gimlet, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. What did he sh*g? An elephant? Four years is a long gestation period.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. His first shag turned out to be at 16 and he got the girl pregnant, I joked, I bet you wasn't wearing the sock.

5. duke63 Back to cyanosulfidic protometabolism

6. yeah, what he said

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. So we have trade deficit with the EU, why?
    How will the trade deficit change once out?
    Will we start to manufacture top quality products at competitive rates?

Pound already devalued since Brexit..so we are paying more for the same goods.
    Please note most of the big players in the UK manufacturing sector are foreign owned..so they wil either move the factories abroad or try to get some cash out of the government to compensate for the export tariffs. Carlos Ghosn Renalut Nissan CEO already met TM last year...guess they wher not talking about golf or fashion.

Not a remainer moan, the vote needs to be respected but for FFS let't move on and do a deal ASAP.

I personally cannot see any economic benefits after leaving the EU.
    If there are any, could someone please share any wisdom?

8. We are on page 468, I'm pretty sure the answers you seek have been mentioned many many times if you choose to look

let me introduce a new snippet for you direct from the eu themselves. Now the eu has shown with many of their deals, are slower to move than a blind man steering a oil tanker but yet within just a few months, Junker has pushed for this.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-17-4182_en.htm

Breaking down the gobbledeegook. Junker has 2 years left in his role and is rushing through as many united states of europe programmes as he can. What this does is start the steps to take away national budget costings, implementations, countries planning for their specific needs etc by making the chancellor of the exchequer, for ALL countries to be based within the eu head office and run by a eu appointed finance leader of the whole of the eu.

This will allow nation states to have all of their finances controlled centrally by the eu and the eu to send out finance teams to apply special restrictions if a country does not do as the eu tells them. If will also ensure any bank or financial institution must blend itself into the eu programme or face sanctions too. It also means if the eu central bank needs more money, the eu itself can declare gimme more and nothing the country states can do. the key is at the end where they mention banking union.

The eu wants to be the financial controller of all of europe whilst countries will be little more than local councils and just this one bill is in regard to finances, look through their own pages and you will see they are doing this in many other key areas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I had to look up "mung beans" :blush: They look tasty, don't they. o_O A bean isn't a bean unless it's covered in tomato sauce and on toast in my book. :yum

10. [​IMG]

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Fookin hell Noobs. A content warning ⚠️ would have been appreciated there.o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ann-Margret has certainly let herself go!

/obscure

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. A bit of divide and conquer going on. I believe it is completely unacceptable that Barnier and his team should be meeting opposition representatives during this negotiation. They are actively looking to destabilise the elected (OK just) UK Government with the aim of having Brexit reversed or perhaps even worse, castrated under a future Corbyn capitulation team.
    Not an aim or to anyone's benefit but we must start taking physical steps required for not agreeing trade terms with the EU. Only then can our negotiation team under Davis, start to force the EU to start the real negotiation progress.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...g-talks-deadlock-theresa-may-eu-a8027431.html

A breath of fresh air from Mr Henkel, in the European Parliament, suggests the UK is being asked to pay a price for something without knowing "what it is buying" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-41735409/brexit-eu-stance-unfair-mep-hans-olaf-henkel-says

14. Nick Clegg is a truly despicable sod. Acts as though butter wouldn't melt but just as condescending and patronising as the best of them.

What's worse is that a man such as him with absolutely ZERO mandate, having just released a book on how to stop Brexit is even given a meeting with the EU negotiations team.

On what grounds is he representative of anyone in the UK?

What gets me the most is that people still have the naivety to think that it's all the UK negotiations team causing the hold ups and delays, they can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to just how sneaky and sly the EU are trying to play this as the innocent party.

Wake up people

http://news.sky.com/story/eu-denies...-over-top-remainers-trip-to-brussels-11106195

15. 'Force the EU to negotiate'? What utter bollocks. Its the UK that has chosen to leave.

Surely the ball is in the UK Government court to start negotiations. They seem to have little idea what they actually want other than all the best bits and none of the worst without paying for anything. They seem intent on to making a huge balls up and then blame the EU for it all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. See?........

"We're all going to diiiiiiiiiiiieeeee"

(Courtesy Sid).

17. No. Most European leaders know they have to negotiate. It's Druncker, Verhofsted and Barnier that are playing games. As said before it will be German business pressure that will force the negotiations. The noise from the nations that take - will be just that.

#9477 corrosio non forsit, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Where we have started to go down on a path the eu has been the vaguest of the vague and even on directions they have poo poo'd any attempt by the UK and keep going back to the default position it is their way or no way, well it's not.

We are back to being the 5th largest economy,We are the second largest contributor to the eu and probably one out of about 5 in the eu, who could genuinely leave and do very well afterwards. In black and white they need us more than we need them.

Their negotiating is more about saving the eu project after we leave no matter what the cost, you can't negotiate with that. So like them we say this is what we have, this is what we offer and if it is not to your liking then perhaps we part as friends and both work from a neutral ground, that being the wto.

It's about time our side and the eu's side realised, we have quite a few aces too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The pound has been overvalued for years,if you listen to independent financial professionals,and has only been that way due to the weakness of the EU.
    The pound /dollar exchange rate has in fact gone back to not far off referendum levels.
    EU citizens,including ourselves,pay higher prices than the rest of the world because the EU charges tariffs on most imported goods.
    So the importer pays the tariffs.He recoups the cost of these tariffs by raising the price,which is paid by the wholesaler,who raise the price to the retailer,who raises the price to the consumer.
    That's you,me,and every other bugger who buys imported stuff that originated outside the EU.
    Germany does very well out of manufacturing goods in Germany and selling them in the EU and throughout the World.
    In exactly the same way that Great Britain DID before joining the EC/EU.Dismiss the old tosh you've swallowed about GB industry being in decline in the early Seventies: our rate of economic growth,and industrial output,was growing at a faster rate than the EC at the time,and it is argued by many that the EC/EU IS THE REASON for our loss of competitiveness,and that many industries have been decimated and destroyed by EU regulation.This may well have been a deliberate ploy on the part of some EC/EU members as they were jealous of our close ties with the Commonwealth even after the end of the Empire.
    Commonwealth countries,once close allies and trading partners,now have tariffs added to their imports to the EU which we have to pay...
    We are also bound by EU trade agreements,which take decades to agree...so if the EU want to charge huge tariffs on wine to protect the French and German winemakers,the public has to pay higher prices.
    The economic case for the man in the street is very clear cut.Many prices will fall,because countries like Australia,Canada,New Zealand etc are falling over themselves to sign free trade deals with one of the biggest markets in the world.
    It may not be clear for the financial markets,or big importers of stuff from the EU,but the very fact that the EU sell far more to us than we do to them should mean that intelligent negotiators will make a deal fairly smartly.
    Just remember that,in the event that a deal cannot be agreed,the vast majority of world economies trade under WTO rules,very successfully.There are international laws that prohibit countries and trading blocs from imposing unfair tariffs on trade goods.
    Mr Ducati will still want to sell you bikes,and Mr Audi will want to sell you cars.
    Stop worrying and crack on with your life,it will hardly make a difference to you in the long run.
    No matter what the Establishment and their media lapdogs say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. The U.K. has an unemployment rate of 4.3%. The eurozone's average unemployment is at 8.9%, France's is at 9.7%, 11.1% in Italy and 16.7% for Spain. They also have some of the worse youth unemployment of the major eu countries.

Why mention this? I guess duke hasn't been talking to The World Bank of late who have released a report called "Ease of doing business" and they have rated the world countries.

The top 10 easiest countries to do business with are
    1 New zealand
    2 Singapore
    3 Denmark
    4 South Korea
    5 Hong kong
    6 United States
    7 United Kingdom
    8 Norway
    9 Georgia
    10 Sweden

Some may say, 7 , is that it for the U.K.? Until you realise that Ireland comes in at 17, Germany at 20, Spain at 28, France at 31, Japan at 34, Russia at 35, Italy at 46

The world knows the U.K. is a great country to do business with and in many ways far easier than the eu and nearly 3 times easier than the eu's powerhouse, Germany. Denmark was the only country in the eu to be rated higher than the U.K.

If the world bank says we are one of the easiest countries to do business with in the e.u. and in the world, then I'm guessing we are doing okay. I have no doubt we will, as the U.K. has always done on the world stage, punch well above our weight

http://www.doingbusiness.org/~/media/wbg/doingbusiness/documents/profiles/country/gbr.pdf

Do Not Sell My Personal Information