1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. That's your view. My view is different.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Your view is blatantly wrong and undefendable, so you don't even bother to try :rolleyes:
    Some debate would be welcome but you never seemingly have any foundation to allow you to do so. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. But he is funny and adorable (in a way that finm could never be) so don't be a meanie.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. That's not my view duke. That is the two biggest accusations you keep using against brexiteers both of which have not only two be shown to be false, but your own side has been shown to be what you accuse others of by actual facts, implementations and practices.

I've seen you as well use, brexiteers were to stupid or didn't know what they were voting for even though the question was a simple yes or no to leaving the eu organisation. I would say the least informed were possibly the most ardent remainers who can see the eu project falling apart and still say, yes I can see Rome burning but I am pretending they are just sparkly orange lights and not flames.

If anything, many of those who chose to leave actually looked into what some of the consequences maybe, some looked even further.

It's not that your view isn't valid if that was your view but the level of intellect followed what can only be described as the rantings of a troll means, sorry but your posts in this thread no longer have any validity for me as it's clear not that much stupid could be in one person. I won't be replying to your posts anymore as it's clear they are little more than trolling which is disingenuous to those for whom this topic matters.

5. My view is not wrong nor undefendable.

At the very least, in the short term a WTO trading situation will mean this Country is far worse off. Everything we buy and sell with Europe and anywhere else that the EU has a trading agreement with, will mean that pretty much ALL those items will be more expensive. Both to buy and sell. Not only that but they will be subject to customs checks in and out meaning delays on goods leaving and arriving. The supermarkets predict that food imported will cost approx 20% more. 50% of what we eat is sourced abroad. I would guess that apart from mortgage/rental costs the food bill is the next biggest expense in most households.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Shhhhh Duke - grown ups talking!!! o_O:upyeah:

7. Add in the fact that interest rates will have to rise to control inflation and support the pound.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Over the entire history of the EU you pick now to moan about higher interest rates, incredible!!! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joining this late, but I love the fact all Brexiteers live up to the stereotype.

"We want more control of our boarders, laws etc..."

Then you hear about the EU abolishing bank surcharges, extortionate mobile phone billing, consumer protection, environmental sustainability etc...

Yeah but don't worry, the Nigel Farages of this world are going to make Britain great again :joy: and those bureaucrats in Brussels won't have control.

Unfortunately (for some) in order to be prosperous in this day and age we need to embrace globalisation, but more and more countries are experiencing a nationalist divide. Let's pull up the drawbridge and just focus on ourselves- depressing state of affairs.

The fact people like Rupert Murdock embraced Brexit, because it gives him more control and influence, should have made it obvious to anyone. We're actually putting the future of our country in the hands of far less trustworthy people than the bureaucrats in Brussels.

#9769 Jimmy899, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Another unintelligent entry into the debate - really, stereotype??? Joining late? Where have you been and what rattled your cage? o_O
    You assume far too much already Jimmy :)

11. Its remainers who are inventing stereotypes. Its perfectly simple as far as I'm concerned, its not merely about borders or economics. Its more fundamental than that: I don't want to live under bad laws and crazy regulations imposed on me by foreign quangocrats whom I cannot vote in or out of office. I want to live in a national democracy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I'm drunk and bored... shit, maybe I'm living up to another stereotype...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not far off 500 pages :eyes:

;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Europe is great. Have you been to Switzerland it’s amazing ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I agree. Europe's fantastic. Its the EU that's is a bag of shite. There is a vast difference between the two.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yeah so let’s fuck it off and give up, that will be the best thing to do. Focus on ourselves.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. You need to read all the previous pages before entering a debate and assuming what people's views are. Preferably while sober :yum:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I wouldn't go as far as "less trustworthy people than the bureaucrats in Brussels." but certainly not better performing politicians on this side of the pond...see the miscalculation with the last elections. WTF was all that about?
    There isn't an absolute sound reason to leave the EU, but for some reason some wants to go back to 70's. Well the world has moved on.
    I already asked the question if anyone could bring up at least one sound reason why we are better out(pure finacial reasons, not interested in WV2 or Roman Empire or £300millions to NHS) and could not get one simple anwser. Only slogans or fantasies.
    Put aside the fact that the EU is not perfect and would certainly require some reform within, especially since Germany grow to strong....but still better to trade as one block especially against huge economies like US, China, India, Japan. WTO trade terms will take years to be set up with each partner.
    IMHO a lot of mess for no gain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Informed, not afraid of change, valuing the democratic vote you mean?

Incorrect, prosperity can happen without globalisation. Globalisation allows the removal of borders and business's to ship low skilled low paid workers into higher paid democracies crushing wages to an all time low. This exploits the migrants as much as the country they have been foisted upon. This does little than feed the corperate profit margins. By removing borders and centralising such as the eu, big business only has to negotiate to one table instead of 28 countries, none of this is done for the benefit of the people.

You say pull up the draw bridge, I say making it possible to say enough is enough and by being one country we are able to scrutinise more what is done in our name and that which impacts us. Yes that is focusing on ourselves because big business refuses to, all they see is the bottom line. As long as we earn just enough to keep buying stuff to keep the company profits coming in but not enough where our choices are more informed then they manage the way we live.

The eu project is the mouthpiece of corperate business in the eu and that is why they hate democracy and democratic votes.

No, we are through democratic votes, reminding big business and governments that in a democracy, the people have more power than they do and whilst we rather forgot how to do it, we are starting to remember.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. No. You still don't understand. Europe and the EU are utterly different things. The former is a continent, a geographical entity together with the multitude of cultures and people who live in it. The latter is an arbitrary political construct that seeks to impose artificial hegemony on the former. If anything, its the latter which has fucked up the former.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information