1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. See i don't walk round with my fingers in my ears and my head up my arse singing tra la la and reading the Daily Mail for my information. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. How do you manage to get your head up your arse with your fingers in your ears? Impressive. :eek:

#9922 Robarano, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
  3. Ah, your working on the assumption his head has ever left being up his arse

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. :)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fortress Europe;
    [​IMG]

6. Don't mock.

Someone risked a severe stoning in order to decorate that gate in a traditional Christmas manner.

7. Question

A fair chunk of the leaving bill is the pensions of previous and current eu employee's. I'm not sure why we have to give it to the eu for the eu to then give it back to individual brits? but that isn't the question.

If we went to wto, so not a penny paid as per article 50, who would pay those pensions? Personally I thought every year we pay in, a part of that annual fee was put aside in the European central bank to cover all pensions costs as all pension funds do. On that basis would it not already be there so there was no need to effectively pay twice for the same pension?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It isn't as simple as that.

They want our money, it is as simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That is not how our own state pension systems work. With a few exceptions state pensions are paid out of current income and not from funds previously put aside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. They also want to punish us, "pour encourager les autres".

Damn those Frenchies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bliar is really full of himself. Amazing when you think how much he is disliked by almost everyone.

12. You would be amazed, and probably disgusted, with how much certain left leaning liberal readers are prepared to forgive and forget just to get another name on the list of stopping Brexit.

Once again many showing the upmost hypocrisy in the (now closed) comments section of the recent story ran in both the Guardian and Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-leader-theresa-may-david-davis-a8089946.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/03/tony-blair-confirms-he-is-working-to-reverse-brexit

The independent actually had people using the words 'he made a mistake but that's all it was '....honestly I couldn't believe the level of desperation I was reading from comments.

The fella is toxic beyond words, yet seemingly ok when he's saying what they want to hear.

13. Is that Birmingham? Or Manchester?

14. I went to a pension seminar at work the other week on invite (I don't know why I was invited, as I'm 9 years away o_O). They told us the same thing, there is no "fund" and pension payments are made from current N.I / tax income. Oh to have a government like Norway's, that has actually had some forethought and put some oil money aside for a rainy day and not managed to saddle themselves with a debt mountain. McDonnell was on the news again yesterday I see trying to tell anybody that would listen that renationalization of the railways would be "free" :rolleyes:

Slightly off topic, but at this pension seminar, I was told of a bit of a horror story that happened locally (true apparently) about transferring assets to your nearest and dearest.
    • Widower lives with his son, getting on in life and transfers his home to his son.
    • Son marries and moves his new wife in to the home. Everyone seems to get on well with no issues.
    • Son dies and widower ends up living with his new daughter in law (that has inherited the house) o_O
    • Daughter in law remarries and the new husband doesn't see eye to eye with the Widower.
    • Daughter in law dies, Widower gets kicked out of his house by husband no.2
    • Widower is now living in a council house 1 mile down the road while a total stranger now owns his old house outright. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Get ready for a General Election

• Funny Funny x 1

16. Blimey !!! :astonished: Has the Army become democratic now then ?

17. DUP May be about to withdraw their support.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Today's debacle was all very predictable so who did what and why ?

The idea that the DUP was ever going to agree to a different regime in NI as the rest of the UK was never going to fly, so why did May suggest to the EU that it could ?

Were they hoping they could bounce everyone into an agreement or were they setting someone up to take the fall ?

It makes you wonder whether they want it to fail ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information