1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. And one of your posts "could" have some merit one day. In the meantime it's the same old we're doomed prophesy. You must be a bundle of fun.

2. You're being unnecessarily complacent.

Brexit COULD trigger a new Ice Age or an Alien Invasion. It COULD even damage the framework of the virtual reality simulation we all live in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Speaking of the space time continuum, this statement by Fin popped up in a search about "doom". As was pointed out at the time, who was in charge? It would be doom2 revisited if Duc's mob ever got the keys.

upload_2017-12-5_14-53-34.png

4. yip, and i stand by that. i remember the lead up to that post. i was reminding the hypocrites how well they had done from most of blairs early years in government.
    how that came up by googling doom is beyond me. sounds more like you harbor a grudge. chill, have a dram son. :upyeah:
    upload_2017-12-5_15-21-4.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm trying to find it on sky catchup. They had a bespectacled eu brexit representitive and he started going on about convergence etc etc and the presenter said that sounds like you are saying that Northern Ireland will be staying in the single market to which the eu chap said, yes if you do not want a hard border then yes that is the only way to do it, the end. This was mid morning. About 45 minutes later the DUP appeared on screen and made the views known that we now know they did.

I have a suspicion that the eu deliberately leaked this in advance of the much lauded agreement to sabotage the agreement going onto stage 2. I've said from day one that the eu with it's sole purpose of protecting the eu project that they will not be able to negotiate and will do everything to get the U.K. to WTO whilst making it look like the U.K.'s fault and highlighting to any other member that should they think about leaving, this is the shit they will face

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-withdrawal-dup-dublin-republic-a8090766.html

Edit, the chap who let the cat out of the bag was the Belgian MEP Philippe Lamberts, from the EU Brexit Steering Committee, said on Sky news at 12.02 that Northern Ireland would remain in the single market and customs union. Shortly after the DUP make their announcement

#9966 noobie, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. We are doomed as you put it because the country is being run by thise whose agenda that is not about what is best for the economic and financial future of the people living in this country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. So basically the government coalition turns up to negotiate with the EU delegation without previously sitting down and agree on a common position? Is this some sort of diversion? I cannot believe they had no meeting about NE Irish border.
    Let Farage run the Brexit, I bet by Christmas it will be all sorted. WTO trade terms, no divorce bill and possibly lot less investors willing to spend here, but who cares? Still better than this farce happening now.
    At least he can do some work for the £73000 yearly pension paid by EU (sorry, I meant us via divorce bill).

Soon the Wicked Witch Of The North is going to ask for a border, shortly followed by Sadiq Khan. :laughing::laughing:

8. Exactly, it is run for the benefit and wants of a select minority. Every political opportunist (most politicians) from mainstream politics and the fringes will miss no chance of more power, at any cost. No doubt the £3billion DUP buy out will be used as leverage behind the scenes keep the DUP on side with May. They dont have cash in hand yet...they do strike me as daft enough to blow it though just to score points.
    Worryingly though we could end up shooting ourselves in the foot (feet even) by trying to keep all the looneys happy. Despite now feeling we need to be out of the EU, I cant help but think a trade deal is a good thing. Why would you not want a trade deal, cant think of a good reason?
    Currently the whole thing is a stage managed pantomime. With May, Junker et al jostling to appear to be the good guys in negotiations. Anyones guess as to the true motives and desires of any party involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You're right, the EU. The sooner we go to WTO rules and are run by those who want what is best for the economic and financial future of the people living in this country, the better.

I knew you'd get there one day dukey. :upyeah:

#9970 Robarano, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Currently the UK averages around £877 million of imports of goods and services from the other EU members every day. Do let us know Duky which of those countries is going to stop trade?

11. england by the sounds of it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  12. And that fine mess is exactly why we are where we are today. Some said good old Blair and Bruwn. Others read the note they left behind when they were removed from office...

13. ah, the old "note" i guess when hammond is removed the the drawer along with the desk it sits in will be on EBAY already.

14. It probably has scratched into it, Tony Blair done me up the poop shoot on this desk, signed Gordon Brown

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. None will stop trade, why would they do so?
    It is not Luiggi who is going to pay the import duty on the Ducati, it is going to be you and me....
    So £877 +2% duty(let's say 2% is the EU daily membership cost) is cheaper IMHO than £877+ ~10% duty. 10% just a random figure, I do not have an orbuculum to see in the future.
    OK, every coin has two sides if we charge import duty the EU will contra charge on the goods that we sell to them..the only problem I see is that 70% of the business that export are foreign owned, they might think about moving the factories the other side of the pond in order to avoid being charged, unless the government guarantees some sort of compensation if no deal is "struck". TM already met couple of chief executives to discuss this...
    I bloody hope they can agree on a reasonable deal ASAP for both us and the EU

16. hmm, instead of shafting the whole country noob?

17. They certainly did when like most Labour governments, they had spent all the money and had no free stuff left to promise.

18. It is in the UK's and the people of Europe's interest to get a good deal, it is in the EU's interest to shaft us.

Either way the EU project of ever closer union is doomed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Its in the EUs interest to protect the interest of the other 27 countries still there.

Its not in their interest to give two fucks about the UK anymore.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information