1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. POST-REFERENDUM EFFECT
    "Official figures released Thursday show that exports of goods have risen in every area across the country, thanks in part to a more competitive pound boosting business.

In the first nine months of 2017, sales of goods for export made in England were up 14.1 per cent to £241.1 billion; Welsh exports rose 18.9 per cent to £16.4 billion; Northern Ireland sales increased to £8.5 billion, rising by 13.3 per cent; and Remain-voting Scotland saw the highest increase in sales of goods for export, rising by 19.9 per cent to £28 billion.
    Top export destinations were the U.S. (for England), the Netherlands (for Scotland), Germany (for Wales), and the Republic of Ireland (for Northern Ireland)".

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...s-appeaser-theresa-surrendering-across-board/

• Like Like x 1
  2. yip, i kept it simple for yah, british kids born in NI, more or less fredoms and rights than the rUK?

3. We are talking illusory rights, correct?

If we aren't, you are on your own!

4. As I recall most British kids in Northern Ireland have almost always had genetic and historical links to the Republic and the republic has always offered dual passports/nationality. That happens before we leave and will continue after.

I remember chuckling when the papers were reporting that when we leave we will be leaving the ecj and the european human rights fiasco. The papers reported with a huge amount of cash no longer available to ambulance chasing lawyers/barristers etc, many of those were seeking to move to Ireland and trying to project Irish ancestry for a passport to keep the money train going.

Again though fin, you continue to make out that what will be left will be bad when it will not.

5. yip, bit late to the party but you got here son. :upyeah:

6. There was a party? Are you a party animal, finm?

7. again tho, you continue to make out what will good for the kipper in essex will be good for a NW, coastal resident, loz was inadvertently correct when he said "illusory". its make believe.
    we have a v.different experience of uk gov's taking back control. we have a a case of load of evidence regarding promises made during referendums. no jibber jabber from the loz or yourself will change that. and no sitting back and thinking of england will get them to deliver. so, suck it up bad boy.
    last week polling suggested the mooth has continued her decline, support for the EU is up to 68% and indi is up to 47%, brexit is presented slightly different up here. 99.9% of the media is unionist, and presents mostly in favor of uk gov yet its all going the wrong way for May. tick tock.
    a minority party not an administration more paramilitary tbh in NI has determined the fate of the uk. and going by the general comments on here. yous aint happy. so you can imagine how its going in a country that only polls 3-5%kipper. and now only somewhere between 20-25% conservative and unionist. here, have another tick tock.

8. See @fimn , your winning with Brexit :)
    Dukey less so as he wants to move to France and it will cost more now :( hence the tantrums.

9. Fin, if you were worried about equal laws in the U.K. you would not have a devolved government with so many different laws just for Scotland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. offs. right i am aff fir a donder roon glencoe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Freedoms isn’t the same as rights. We have freedom of speech yet the right to voice your opinion reduces with each tweet or protest or terrorist attack.

You can’t get an abortion in NI yet you can on mainland uk so there is already disparity in rights.

12. You can't get a decent pint of Guinness in mainland UK either but you can in NI.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Might change my mind to Italy. Weather and food is better there and so is the totty.

2017-11-10 11.36.08.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I do like the way the French girls sound :)

15. French?

16. "Inadvertently"!

You really are out of your depth here, finm-me-boy. You are still arguing the details and ignoring what is going on. If you were a crab (jury is still out on that, btw), you'd be yelling at the chef because he said he'd boil you alive and your thermometer only reads 98C.

Please, please, get some help. You won't listen to me but for Goat's sake, forget Somerset. Those cider-jockos are holding you back. Truly.

: o )

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. French :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. At present all UK citizens as EU citizens are able to travel, live, work, study, retire, invest, borrow, and do business for indefinite periods anywhere in the EU - and these are rights, not requiring a visa or permission.

After Brexit no-one knows what deal there will be, but it is safe to assume many of our citizenship rights will be relinquished as a result of the UK government's actions, and any that remain will be dependent on permission of other countries.

Will we be stopped from travelling briefly as tourists? Probably not, but that is a trivial side issue. As you well know.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Quite. So this means that UK citizens in N Ireland will all be able to have Irish citizenship, and thus will continue to be EU citizens with all the valuable privileges and rights that status entails. UK citizens in England, Wales, and Scotland by contrast are to have those privileges and rights taken away without the option. Many millions of us are extremely pissed off about this already, and even more millions will be pissed off once they realise.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ta Daa ^ :upyeah:
    yip loz inadvertently. see, its possible to be smart but not V.knowledgeable

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information