1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. i check the good news websites regularly.our MSM makes that necessary. i don't buy or even watch the news anymore. it only comes in handy for comparing like for like performance on devolved powers, reserved matters dont interest me anymore unless it infringes on policy we want to introduce or tailor to our needs. world events i cant really influence in anyway bar at general elections so why put myself though it.
    so, re up here, i know there are success story's out there, i know businesses are adapting i also know many of these are fly by night companies that can move quickly and take advantage of short term fluctuations in markets. and, that brexit still hasn't happened.
    the bigger picture being, the one nobody has yet answered, protection from corporation, the cost of attracting business through tax and avoidance, the living standards we will have to adopt to align ourselves with, to compete in their markets. and the real biggies for me, devolution and investment in the regions that have been ignored since the year dot.

#10421 finm, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Do you know how you protect yourself from corporations, finm?

Regale me with your methodology : o )

3. I'll give you a wee hint. It doesn't involve the EU : o D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I broke it down into two parts fin because, Scotchland is not the only part of the U.K. and I would suggest most countries, often see fly by nights using tax breaks to create business's only for them to move away when those breaks close or are lowered, that is simply one segment of the business circle

You say in the second part, investment in the devolved regions have been ignored since year dot, this simply is not the case. Year on year the amount the Scottish government receives more both directly and indirectly. I would also add that whilst you bemoan lack of investment, the majority of huge companies investing in Scotland are not in fact Scottish. Many are U.K. non Scottish companies as well as multi national companies so to say a lack of investment in Scotland is simply not the case.

Saying this purely on a level tone and factual base, the trouble is people like the snp stir up the pot insisting a country of 5.3 million should have the same budget of a country of 60 million. Speaking honestly, of all the devolved governments, Scotland does very well thank you and probably the one that needs more is Wales.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. if yer an exporting country that has insufficient energy,food and fresh water security and without global influence, ie england,you cant. which is why you haven't been able to answer that question.

6. Wrong. I have been training you long enough now for you to have some sort of clue.

Try again, sonny. And this time, really think instead of relying upon second-hand, scrumpy-induced fantasies.

*smuggest of smug grins*

• Like Like x 1
  7. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Shout those facts as loud as you like @Air Duck , it can’t drown out the noise from doomsayers and toldyousos who insist that their opinion is more accurate and far better placed for reality than the facts at hand :bucktooth::punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. purely factual hmm, what wales needs is a louder voice. not just a conveyor belt of con and lab southeast tailored policies, but thats for them to sort out.
    somebody recently described yer stuff as, tho maybe lacking in presentation but logical. the first guy that came into my head as being "logical" is also from another planet. what you just typed is straight out of ether the tory budget script or a kipper leaflet. its fantasy that appeals to knuckle draggers and diverts responsibility. you are ether a fool or part of that circle. i suspect a bit of both.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. cant buddy, yer gonna need to do it for me.ta. :upyeah:

11. They are not interested in facts mate, just their selfish own-position politicised views.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Watching you, it's like watching this daily. :D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Fin, how about you answer your own question a different way?

Where would Scotland, Ireland, Wales be without the massive investments and support they receive?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. got yer self a fan boy loz.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I'm actually starting to pity you. :)

16. Genuinely, I am. :)

17. Is the usual waffle of an snp supporter, unless we agree with the Scottish UKIP snp then we must all be tories or a kipper or even a knuckle dragger. The simple fact is, despite pleading poverty one minute, the scottish government are so inept that every increase has been wasted.

The funny thing is, soon we will be out of the eu and U.K. politicians will no longer be able to blame the eu for their own failures. Scotland is in a unique position in that it doesn't need to leave anything to see just how piss poor the snp government is. I mean, this is typical snp, how many bridges do you need in the same 800 metres?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Fin, on the Queensferry bridge, the snp sought all the fanfare of "look what we are doing for Scotland" as they spent £1.3 billion of tax payers money

Can I ask why if you feel Scotland is missing out on investment, Why would the Scottish government award the steel contract for the bridge to a Chinese firm when two tata plants in Scotland with 270 employee's were closing down?

http://www.scottishconstructionnow....eensferry-crossing-was-a-missed-opportunity/#

I take it you would not call the Scottish building industry through it's own magazine, a group of kippers, knuckle draggers and right wing ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. aww mate, you where almost convincing. if we where to base it on the last 40years. take a look at Norway.
    but here is a rough guide. even based on those more than questionable GERES figures, and has been pretty much thus since the conception of the uk. anywhere between 46odd to 60odd bill in, 30odd bill back. we contribute the third highest amount to the uk economy after London and the south east, though you will never here about the differential between London and the rest of england re infrastructure spend and subsidies as a population share. only england as a whole against the other countries of the uk. the fact of the matter is, everywhere outwith the south and east gets neglected, especially the north and west of england more than us up here, but again, thats up to them to shout louder. dont listen to noob and co. raising issues is not grievance politics. and while its always presented as, all about the money, it aint, its about the influence to shaping policy. as it stands some clever sod has worked it out to be around 0.7% in favor of the Scottish electorate since 1997. no bad with 8% of the population, aye ok then. and lets not forget it wasn't all that long ago when it was a 25%. but if uk economic policy favors the south, thats where the people are gonna have to go. as it stands you get our young we get yer pensioners.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information