1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  1. Hammond says we are leaving but will "Replicate the status quo " during the transition.So at least a minimum of another 3 and a half years of no change .Im beginning to believe the losers are going to eventually win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I think it's just Hammond edging his bets. He knows that from any point from here could see him fired. Hammond is a staunch remainer and has no issue putting the city and business before the democratic process and the peoples wishes. I feel he is playing chess by releasing the soft/almost non existent brexit point of view hoping to back the cabinet into a corner with out really understanding voters.

He knows even if sacked, like all ex chancellors, will get a job in the city after the 6 month required break so he has nothing to lose.

If ever you needed an example of how the city and business owns us and democracy and the democratic vote means very little, Hammond would be a good example

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What she said. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Saw one of these in Robert Dyas yesterday. I assume its for ear hair.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It puzzles you why he would do this? Not me tbh. She's been as weak as hell on everything she does and as long as they can get away with it, they will.

A change of leader is what's needed. Can we dig maggie up? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've felt all along they have wanted to punish the U.K. for leaving and push us onto WTO which suits me, but it does make me worry they are dragging all this out to at the last minute pull out leaving us having to get stuff sorted with 5 minutes notice.

It would still be worth it but their wish to punish to protect the eu project would have mighty consequences for other european countries but it just seems that the eu top table are starting to show others what we have been saying all along. They have become so arrogant that countries/nations appear to them as little more than bill payers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Agree with this, they are punishing us as a lesson to any other member who might also want to leave. I can see us paying more after leaving just for the trade agreements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ministry of Funny Walks.....that'd cheer everyone up and take their minds off this Brexit tosh.

9. WTO rules and no payments, walk away now and stop pussy footing around :mad:
    That will make them squirm.
    Then offer free European 'trade only' deal to anyone else leaving the EU - as it was initially intended, with non of the other bollocks and dirty bastard hangers on - that'll sort em :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I like the cut of your jib, Exie. :)

11. They have no idea how to negotiate with cvnts :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Because, like Junker, he has a thin skin and a big ego......always a winning combination ........not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh dear, the U.K. has just hit a 9 month high in exports :D

Part of the biggest problem is the big business and extreme remainers have tried to shift the argument into " No way are we going into brexit because of tory mp's". By doing this and mostly deliberately, they ignore they are not going into the eu because of tory mp's but because we had a democratic vote that all parties agreed too. The PEOPLE then voted and those people were labour, tory, lib dems, snp etc etc and the democratic vote gave us a clear direction.

One of the other arguments is, well the leave vote didn't have everything on it so we could evaluate it, whilst at the same time insisting Norway stylee could be there. So one minute they say if it wasn't individually listed then it shouldn't be there then it shouldn't be done whilst at the same time as Norway style not being listed, magically appears out of their arse and should now be considered

The argument seems to follow "Just what did you mean by leave, no one knows?" So I tend to use the following, When I leave home, I leave, I don't leave my eye, hand, leg, huge appendage behind, the entirety of me leaves. When you say to your partner, okay I'm going to work now, I'm leaving, you don't then run and hide under the stairs cupboard.

Leave means leave and anyone who does not understand that is either lying to themselves or lying to others.

I just wish the politicians would respect democracy more than vested interests of big business. The 3 month delay before stage 2 is a deliberate ploy to string this out to the last minute

14. There are plenty on here angry because the didn't know what it meant, even have tantrums about it: so how about a sensible comment guys? :)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. has exe just asked for a serious comment?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. I was shocked/surprised at the result at the time but I have got my head round the decision, and would just like it done and dusted.

Funnily enough, SWMBO who voted to leave, yesterday said she was regretting her decision. Wimmin eh!

17. We're Out!
    Deo Gratia!
    Now - whether we like it or not - Let's just get on with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information