1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. So......based on the votes made at this stage on THIS FORUM ONLY (8.07am on Sunday 24th December 2017) the overall consensus would be that if a vote be made now it would stand at

Remain - 62 votes = 49.9%
    Leave - 61 votes = 49.2%
    No vote - 1 vote = 0.8%

Untitled.jpg

#justsaying :)

2. Which of course is bolloxs as England does not have a government, not even a devolved one. The U.K. has a government though.

It continues to amaze me how people like you 749er spout hate at brexiteers (of which a third of Scots were also) saying they are becoming little Englanders only looking inward and then when it suits, try and revert to, our small bit of a small bit is okay to go on it's own

My what a tangled web you weave, make your mind up fella.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. @Exige

Elise, you still haven't adjusted the poll to meet my (and possibly others') circumstances.

You hate democracy, don't you.

4. El, have you been using Diane Abbotts calculator again?

5. You still haven't shown me your proof of eligibility to vote :rolleyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Amended for you :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. as those wake up ..

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 09.12.43.png

8. Idiot. I am a forum subscriber, of course I am eligible to vote.

Also, I don't nick people's petrol tanks so I am more eligible than you.

9. So now it's 49.6% to Remain and 49.6% to Leave.

Bit of a "non" thread really isn't it.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. No..........you have it I believe :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. Take that you DQ o_O

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. It's a lovely petrol tank though :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scottish Monarchs were elected..? Piffle. John Balliol was elected in the Great Cause when the line of succession was in dispute but he abdicated after four years and like many Scots, got the hell out of the place and went to live in France where he remained for the rest of his life. His son Edward seized the crown with English backing but it didn't last long and after a bout of blood-letting traditional in Scottish monarchic politics and several attempts to reclaim the crown he gave up and renounced his claim in 1356 and the Scottish Monarchy passed to the House of Stuart.
    Prior and post John Balliol, Scottish monarchs inherited the crown, killed for it or were "nominated" by neighbouring powers which included Norway and France as well as England.

Claiming the crown of Scotland usually involved warfare and slaughter, repeated abdications, exile and return from exile but precious few elections.

#10994 Gimlet, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
  14. Are you saying el that you are now adding votes of people who never even voted to the remain side just to get an equal vote? Are you Junkers?

Today I canvassed el salvador, they said they would vote for brussel sprouts, see, remain is at the same level

Of course it's all a bit of fun because there is no replay of that cup final. There might be in a true generation (calm down Scots, we mean a proper one), and perhaps my grandkids might one day ask for a vote but I do wonder, seeing the direction of a super state the eu is going, would it be an organisation we would join again given more and more are asking for democratic freedoms appertaining to smaller organisations and countries?

Ireland tries to set up it's own tax deals, the eu takes them to court, poland tries to set it's own laws and make changes to them, the eu takes them to court and wants to ban their voting rights, Hungary and Austria say they are going to decide their own migrant policy and the eu want's to take them to court, what part of the eu is democratic and representing the people?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Racist.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I cannot amend the votes in a poll so no. Unless of course the Russians had something to do with it :)

Ps. It may be worth noting that if you shout loudest it does not make you right. #justsaying

17. Finm is Russian :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. It's words on a screen, who is shouting at you and have you started on the egg nog already?

#Ellayofftheeggnogg

#10999 noobie, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  19. That explains his murder of the English language. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information