1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. No. You didn't!?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Of course not, I'm not a sicko :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I want to though

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Best you not look for "chav kicks wall" either then if you are squeamish.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. A refreshingly honest look at the 'honours' system, and bizarrely, or rather hypocritically? quite damning of Nick Clegg, someone who the guardian themselves have given multiple column inches to over the last year in their fight against Brexit.

At various points during 2017 this is a news paper happy to turn a blind eye to the past behaviour of the likes of Clegg, Osbourne and even Blair , just to add some weight behind the 'stop Brexit at all costs' movement.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...thood-nick-clegg-george-osborne-britain-elite

Another selective point made within this piece is the part where he mentions how the Lib Dems got to a position of power by falsely gaining the student vote by dangling the tuition fees carrot....... Now call me cynical, but isn't that again ignoring the very same play made by their current Messiah?..... Cough, splutter... Corbyn

At least this highlights some of that hypocrisy, all be it once again without an open comment's section (which they tend to do when they don't want articles questioned)

The 'Honours system' ? Not sure there's much honour left within our establishment, or indeed within our free and open press

#11048 damodici, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. That describes very well a large part of the problem - many people seem incapable of understanding.

Nadhim Zahawi clearly didn't/couldn't understand what was being put to him and instead of trying harder to understand simply used much of his time to interrupt with comments he hoped his colleagues would find amusing, whilst the woman to his right was more interested in playing with her buttons/brooch and phone and then reading off some pre-prepared question without giving any credence to what she had been informed of during this meeting.

The only 'sense' seemed to come from those that were trying to figure out how what they were being told fits with their local agenda.

It should be a prerequisite for MPs to have a proven successful business background, governments would then be considerably more effective and the taxpayers would feel less aggrieved paying their salaries, expenses, and mortgage interest payments.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zahawi certainly didn't like it up him and seemed to spend the rest of his questioning time trying to recover some dented personal pride rather than admit (1) He didn't know as much as he thought, (2) he might actually be one of those who see it through a "vested interests" eyes or (3), both.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I was waiting for this to appear.......the reason quite simply is shown in the analysis......

Analysis
    By Joe Lynam, Business Correspondent

If ever we needed a reminder about the disconnect between our largest listed companies and Britain's 'real' economy , we got it today. UK GDP growth is well below the G7 average and real wages continue to fall.

Despite that, Britain's PLCs are doing very well thank you. That's because most of them earn the vast majority of their profits overseas and the global economy is enjoying is best period of sustained growth in a decade.

The better the world does, the more stuff UK quoted firms can sell. It helps, of course, that the pound has remained relatively weak since the referendum last year - meaning British based exporters can repatriate higher profits earned in stronger currencies.

In simple English..............It's got bugger all to to with Brexit.

11. I see the BBC are sticking to the same old mantra...
    • Any bad news in because of Brexit
    • Any good news is despite Brexit.
    :rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Come on Rob. Get your head out of your arse. You're starting to enjoy the view!

It's bleeding obvious that the U.K. economy is floundering whilst there is uncertainty surrounding Brexit. That is fact. And the reporter is absolutely correct in stating that the FTSE 100 companies do not reflect the uk economy and profits earned abroad that are brought back to the uk skew the markets.

The top 250 companies is a better reflection on how the UK economy is actually doing.

13. Same back at you Terry, you've never posted anything positive about Brexit, nothing.

How's the view from your arse crack?

#11057 Robarano, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. I didn't like the result of the vote as you well know but I've accepted it's going to happen. But seriously this "good news" you are claiming isn't down to Brexit. It's still too early to tell what will happen. It could be an absolute triumph. Or it may not be. Time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Well, it could be a Triumph, but not a Ducati :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. If you listen carefully to the Mogg clip you can here Finm on his bagpipes in the background doing a shit job of drowning him out :)

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information