1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I've never claimed this good news is down to Brexit, simply stated the BBC's repeated diatribe of binary reporting on good or bad news. Any good news, even if nothing to do with Brexit has the tag "despite" attached, where as any bad news, however far detached from the impact of Brexit is dragged kicking and screaming to be linked with it, they might as well say "ha, we told you so!"

I agree with you, time will tell on the impact and I have no beef with your point of view, but the BBC have already made up their mind I'm afraid. I could go back and drag up numerous reports of the past 18 months that they have been proven wrong on to prove this.

#11061 Robarano, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Whilst this headline sounds wonderful the reality is, as explained in the article, that despite 'us' finishing at 'record highs' that we lag approx 20% behind gains made in the other global markets during the same period.

This is not 'good' news unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Do you work for the BBC? :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. No, he works for dookie.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hang on a cotton picking minute, is it bad news and not due to Brexit now? I don't understand :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  6. My dear friend I would never lower my standards that far :fist:

7. I know, something's gone wrong here. :confused:

8. It is both good news (and nothing to do with Brexit) and bad news (due to Brexit). Do keep up.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Is Hell T tampering again :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Had it been the reverse and they figured at an all time low I think it would be obvious to all, that Brexit would have been blamed so thankfully we are not in that position.

The message we have is our central core engine, business is at an all time high, this cannot be seen as a bad thing given the path we are about to walk.

You say the economy is floundering El but not one single economic body has said we will not continue with growth. Most of what is going on business wise is in relation to the uncertainty and not the process. What is noticable is how many from remain use percentages

I wonder if you'd seen the October oecd forcasts? https://data.oecd.org/gdp/real-gdp-forecast.htm

https://data.oecd.org/gdp/investment-by-sector.htm#indicator-chart

11. From Dec 2016, well worth a listen if you're smart enough to overcome any issues you may have that it mentions Farage in the title. He is talking at a conference whose audience is the world's major press/media reps:

I wasn't sure which thread to post this is but hey...

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. No one can state that anything is solely due to anything.
    That goes for Brexit,climate change,arguments with the missus,road accidents and anything else you can think of.
    The rubbish spouted by Governments etc about economic performance is just that,rubbish.
    Every now and again I'm COMPELLED BY LAW ffs to give the Government data about my companies performance,my confidence level and whether I've taken on/I'm going to take on new staff.
    And just like any other opinion poll,I can say any old shit just to get them off my back,(and I do-my lifes too friggin short to talk to idiots who don't know their arse from their elbow).
    One can look back at statistics compiled from real figures,VAT returns etc etc,and come to a judgement about how the country performed a couple of years ago,but it will still be a best guess,nothing else.
    Say I turn over £100,000 selling widgets at £1 a pop one year
    Next year I put my prices up to £2,but I only sell 55,000...my turnover goes up,(yippee says the Minister).
    But I laid off half my staff...(Boooo!),so now the welfare bill goes up,tax receipts are lower,less money for the Government to spend on getting hospitals built so builders are out of work etc etc.I bought fewer raw materials,needed less transport,fewer salespeople....oh dear...it appears I'm the only one smiling! I'll pay a bit more in corporation tax but what the hey I'm rich!
    BUT:
    If there's no money in those newly unemployed pockets,they can't afford to buy houses either,so even more builders are out of work ,productivity goes down and the BBC are rubbing their hands with glee as they report all the bad news to their long-suffering licence payers.
    And the economic figures will be all over the place.
    Obviously I don't represent the whole economy,but many,many thousands of firms like mine make up the vast number and employ the most people.
    When the Government opens it's gob,shut your ears,especially if it's the Chancellor.
    If the BBC repeats it,then you know whatever they are saying it will have been spun to suit their agenda.
    All bollocks,all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Personally, I couldn't give a shit if we revert to an agrarian economy bartering goats. I don't want to live, will never be happy and will never accept or cooperate with life under the imperial rule of an oversea junta comprised exclusively of political rejects, straw men and arse lickers who have failed democracy's selection process and who I have not been given the opportunity to elect and will never be able to vote from office.
    I give even less of a shit if as a result of Brexit the annual FTSE rating of the my nearest sociopathic plutocrat, who bought the local manor house as a tax dodge, fluctuates plus or minus one or two percentage points.
    I don't want to live in an authoritarian post-Camus Hell and I couldn't give a shit if it takes the shine off someone's shoes: millions of us want out. And if we don't get out the war will redouble, the hate will magnify and expand like a virus and the pressure on the neck of the bottle will cause catastrophic damage when it does blow - which it will. And still it will be worth it.

Remainers, get this: There is no price too great to pay to be rid of this shit and the determination to see it through goes beyond your understanding. You want a fight, you've no idea what you've taken on.

#11073 Gimlet, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Blimey mate!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Absolutely. It is the uncertainty that is the problem, not Brexit.

It's twats like Heseltine who has made millions from EU subsidies who are undermining Brexit for their own gain along with soon to be "Sir" Nick Clegg.

The FTSE 100 is dominated by a few Mega MC companies and is representative of very little other than their performance.

Meanwhile the FTSE 250 has risen about 15% in the last 12 months.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Indeed :upyeah:

17. Actually, I think we need to look at the FTSE 500 to get any true indication ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Pearls before swine I fear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I personally know a couple of guys (don't hold it against 'em, they were born into it) whose estates earn a considerable amount of money annually from the EU for keeping land as err... land. Oh and a few 'ponds' they installed for fishing type things.

They're not complaining of course, but they too know it's madness.

Yeah they're worried about Brexit too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. A farmer named Sam, was overseeing his herd in a remote hilly pasture in Hereford, when suddenly, a brand new BMW advanced towards him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit ,Gucci shoes, and RayBan sunglasses,leaned out of the window and asked the farmer: ''If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf''?

Sam looks at the man who is obviously a Yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing animals and calmly answers ''Sure, why not''?
    So the Yuppie parks his car, whips out his notebook computer, connects it to his phone and surfs to a NASA page on the internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location, which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra high resolution photo. Then he opens the digital photo in Adobe photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email and he prints out a full colour 150 page report. He turns to the farmer and says.....
    ''You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves''.

That is correct, so I guess you can take one of my calves,''Sam says.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as he stuffs it into the boot of his car. Then he says to the young man:' 'Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?''

He thinks about it for a second and says;''Ok, why not''.

You are a Member of the European Parliament'' says Sam.

''Wow that's correct says the Yuppie, but how did you guess that''?

''No guessing required'', he answered.

''You showed up here, even though nobody called you.
    You want payment for an answer that I already knew, to a question I never asked.
    You used hundred of thousands of pounds of eqipment trying to show me how smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living.....Or about cows for that matter.This is a herd of sheep!

''Now give me back my dog''

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information