1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You still haven’t answered which elements of our high GDP economy will be in demand in the Commonwealth?

Financial services?
    Range Rovers?
    Triumph motorbikes?
    Pharmaceuticals which are still under license?
    Legal services perhaps?
    Typhoons?
    Dysons? Or are they made abroad now?

Brexiteers put up some really pish arguments, which are simply dismantled and yet Cameron could not do it.

2. Even if it your predictions were true: IT'S NOT ABOUT THE ECONOMY STUPID!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If people want to vote leave and be poorer then that’s a perfectly valid if maybe not reasonable point of view.

But Brexit was sold on the basis of being £350million a week better off STUPID

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Please avail us of how regulatory misalignment won’t make any difference as to how manufacturers or service providers sell their goods in our biggest market.

5. I worked heavily in generating the CE for the security industry in the 90's and you are correct many are heavily based on the old BS standards.
    The French and Germans wanted to add things, so that their equipment was best placed to win business, the Italians and other Mediterranean types wanted no standards as they made the cheap stuff. In the end the equipment standard worked, but it was a minimum. All around the med you could buy non CE stuff and they put it in, local inspectors never kicked up a fuss. Same in France. UK and German if anything wasn't right we would whip ourselves nightly.
    The thing is we still had to meet UL and Canadian UL and all sorts of other approvals.
    Surely we would still use the CE standards as a low base (which it normally is)?
    Our test labs can still test and generate reports, then apply for the marking. In or outside the EU.

It's the food rules and regulations thst worry me...
    It's not like the French aren't going to make trouble for us...?....again?

6. So 3 weeks on and 17 pages down the line and the poll result currently stands at

Remain - 50.3%
    Leave - 48.8%

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I still think Parliament may well force a UK vote on the final terms. It’s common sense to do that from a political point of view as a hard Brexit will cause a downturn in the economy which will result in the Tory party taking the blame for loss of jobs and price increases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. That just about sums up the Brexitards arguments. No reasoning other than xenophobia.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Hey,,can we have another vote,, as this is rigged

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. T shirts with "I do not want democracy, I want the eu" would suit quite a few in this thread. Wait till the Italian elections in March and not forgetting, Germany still does not have a majority government.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I understand that you've learned a new word in recent weeks (and one that begins with X which is rather exciting because there aren't many of those) and naturally you're eager to use it at every opportunity to show how clever you are; but the secret to intelligible communication is to combine a variety of different words in an order and context that conveys something meaningful and relevant. Shrieking the same word over and over again like a demented parrot in response to anything and everything doesn't really achieve that. It just makes you look a bit of a dick and eventually people will just tune out everything you say and you become white noise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. How so? Or can't you add up? :)

13. It was a tongue in cheek comment,,,,i just want to be a remoaner for a Day

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Like most contentious issues debated on here it's always a pretty even split. That's all I was trying to point out.

15. Aren't most contentious issues fairly evenly split? That's kind of what makes them contentious. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yes i agree,,this is a sensitive subject for both sides,,

17. Yes, he should take heed of that and become an Xtwat :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Finm maffia :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Strange, I looked in the early hours this morning at it was 4% ahead on leave.... Bloody Russian interference !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Better than being a racist though, hey?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information