1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. If you replace the word "globalisation" with "corporatisation" it all makes more sense. "Globalisation" is the carefully constructed myth that we live in a barrier-less world where an interconnected global citizenry enjoy unprecedented freedoms and choices which they control. In fact, these "freedoms" are contingent upon the surrender of democratic accountability and the choices presented to us are from a limited range which has been constructed and marketed by big business and controlled in collusion with a supranational political elite operating above the head of democratic elected government.
    The EU is the progenitor of this model. It is unsurprising that it turns out to be a rigid bureaucratic construct incompatible with the untidy and unpredictable business of democracy and antagonistic to real freedom for people who don't want to read from a script.

#11341 Gimlet, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Just so.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. In many ways the extreme remainers and now it seems to be even Macron seem to be content with, yes we know we are in an abusive relationship but it's one we've grown comfortable with and are afraid to leave it. It was the main drive to leave in that the eu project had become sour and even in full bloom of knowing that fruit has spoiled, they still ate it.

I can see us going back in within the next 50 year but doubt it will ever be to the level we are currently and only if it largely resembles its original intent.

4. I can't see how we could ever rejoin a reformed EU. The whole project was founded on a false analysis and from the start has been administered by grand deceit: that the turmoil of twentieth century Europe was caused by nationalism and the failure of the nation state as a model when in fact Europe's century of conflict was a product of imperialism in the first instance - the desire to acquire territory and to project power over one's neighbours - and prolonged by a refusal to accept reality when the age of imperialism had passed.
    The Project's idealists believed that if conflict was caused by elected national governments then the electorate must be prevented from electing the "wrong" government in the future. National governments should be dissolved and the process of governance centralised and administered by unelected technocrats, appointed experts rather than elected representatives, who cannot be swayed by base "populism" (or democracy to give it another name).

What in fact Euro ideologues have created is a mirror image of the old imperial order which caused all the trouble in the first place, where a hierarchy of people with power and money who were born and raised to dominate those they have been taught to consider their intellectual inferiors think themselves more intelligent and better qualified than an ignorant and unthinking populace who should have their decisions made for them for their own good to prevent them from making the wrong ones.
    The EU administers this polemic by sleight of hand and the deceit that the artificial construct of "Europe" is nothing more than a free-trade organisation where democracy, sovereignty and the institutions of national governance remain in place and inviolate when in fact, in trade terms, it is the exact opposite of free, since trade is artificially manipulated to reinforce the political order and where those national institutions which are the first point of contact for voters with their governments are merely hollowed-out facades and remain standing only to deceive and conceal the fact that sovereignty and decision making has been transferred without democratic mandate to a federal European state where voters cannot interfere.

There is no way to revise that founding false prospectus nor reform away the inseparable principle of deceit on which the entire political infrastructure of The Project has been built. The only way to have any kind of European community of nations where sovereignty and the will of electorates really is inviolate and where grown-up nations who respect the differences and the right to self-determination of their neighbours and agree instead to cooperate without political union or central control on matters of mutual interest is to dismantle the EU and the European Project entirely and start again. The UK in leaving can lead that endeavour by example and should encourage others to do the same.

#11344 Gimlet, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Slow day at work today then?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I thought I'd step in and give the other skivers on here a chance to put in a few hours at the coal face for a change.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. .
    and supporting our imports? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. What an amazing piece of errrr :thinkingface:......."journalism"

The fall in the value of Sterling was reported by them as cast iron proof in 2016 of the disaster unfolding from the consequences of the Brexit vote. It was all doom and gloom.

Now that Sterling is rising it's errr.....all doom and gloom. You couldn't make it up. :rolleyes: Unless you work for The Guardian of course. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Have you read the article about senior doctors being refused work permits even Theo they meet the criteria? Brexit bastards!

Oh no, hold on, they are refused because THE RECRUITERS want to pay said doctors 40-50k when the U.K. going rate is 75-100k.

Smacks of exploitation and forcing U.K. wages down with cheap overseas resources.

Exactly why many voted out...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. in Ten years Time,, we will all say Brexit was just a BumP in the Road!

11. Unlike our EU membership which will come to be seen as a forty year pothole which we finally climbed out of. We'll be wondering why the hell we didn't make the effort years before.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Some inconvenient truths:

- £ strengthening to $1.42
    - Record employment and unemployment at 4.3%
    - No recession, as predicted by most economists and the always so accurate IMF. I can't wait until Christine Le Gard has to raise the UK prediction, due no doubt to the World economy....)
    - FTSE100 at record levels
    - Inflation peaking at 3.1% and heading down.

No wonder Cameron said Brexit has "turned out less badly than we had first thought"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Do not mention the dollar value - El T will go mental on you!!! :eyes:

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Oh, here's the graph - very nearly at pre Brexit vote levels now o_O

IMG_3843.PNG

15. Be time to head to the states for holiday again soon

16. many things affect stockmarkets, obviously profitability being one, where one of the biggest cost to employers being employees and their associated costs.... but i dont mean to sound so negative, i for one is delighted that somebody somewhere will be getting their annual bonus, nice one, i look forward to the trickle down effect to reach argyll.
    or maybe the markets have sussed there's a possibility of the uk staying in the single market?.
    i noticed in one of your earlier graphs the stockmarket rose sharply leading up to September 2014 as polls shifted in favor of a yes vote then dropped immediately after.
    the exact opposite of what was predicted.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Can’t be any link. The U.K. economy falls apart without low paid, hard working Easterm Europeans.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information