1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Correct. The UK didn't exist as a functioning country at all before 2004 if you recall. It was just an uninhabited swamp with no jobs and no productive economy of any kind.

2. Just maybe the celebrations should wait until after Brexit? Its just talk and an unknown deal at the moment....

3. Its going to be a very long wait and we're getting bored.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like a plan. Providing we can also save the commiserations until then too :upyeah:

#11364 bradders, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  5. No celebrations as such but more that all the doom and gloom predicted is falling by the wayside

When you have a drop in migration at the same time as you have an increase in jobs so leading to one of our lowest ever unemployment figures, then it highlights what most countries hope to succeed.

Most countries will always have unemployed through illness, temporary events etc, you can never wipe that out. what you can hope is to see as many of your own countries inhabitants to be employed and have opportunities to be employed. Then when you have reached a certain level, you seek migrants to fill the skills shortages. Whilst in the eu, this isn't possible.It's not the number of people you throw at at a problem that solves it but the right people with the right skills that will.

This isn't unique to the U.K. and I'm pretty sure most european countries would like the same opportunities brexit is about to present to the U.K.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. He was videoed saying it and they showed it plain as day (on tha BBC) so yes - agreed

7. He wasn't even in Davos, it was photoshop and fake news

8. photovideoshop? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. He just isn't intelligent enough to understand the complexity of the thing he was talking about. He should never have been allowed to have the discussion in the first place and if he'd known all the facts he'd have spoken in a different way.

10. What do you do when something undeniably true is printed in the Daily Wail, or shown on BBC news?

It's a contradiction that baffles the mind. You end up doing the mental equivalent of when they tie a piece of buttered toast to a cat and drop it to the floor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Cognitive dissonance. The Mail, of course will say we told you so, not unreasonably, because they did. That may be galling for some but in the case of the BBC, the Huffington Post, the Gurnard etc, you can rejoice because their mental discomfort will be so much worse than yours.
    Their rational minds (such as they are) are having to report an empirical truth which their acquired belief system is telling them to reject. For people who like to think themselves intelligent full stop and more intelligent than those whom their belief system demands that they despise, this is excruciating. It is tremendous fun to watch them squirm and see the "does not compute!!" fault codes flashing across their angry little faces.

A very good example occurs in this interview. Its an unrelated topic but watching a strident Channel 4 know-all succumb to the agony of cognitive dissonance, out-manoeuvred by someone from "the enemy" who it turns out to be vastly smarter than they are makes very pleasurable viewing:

#11374 Gimlet, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I saw that interview, it was quite clear Jordan made Kathy look like an intellectual minnow

13. Watched this interview a few days ago.
    Fascinating tbh and he really answers all questions well. Interviewer lost for speech, just brilliant.

14. My son listens to his stuff. Appalling interview techniques. And the irony that she was demonstrating all the things that make people successful (and why mostly men) at the same time as suggesting al bus Ends should change so it’s frmale traits. So she wouldn’t be in that job.

15. I could have watched that for hours.

I couldn't stop seeing the cat and the toast, forever spinning, for much of the interview.

16. 3 major cliffs where the £ lost against Euro.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=10Y

November 2008 (global recession)
    December 2015 (Brexit vote, approved?)
    June 2016 (Brexit vote)

I find it is pointless for both Brexiteers and Remainers to use the currency as a reference.. The Brexit as such did not happen yet.
    As a remainer I used the 2016 June devaluation as an exmaple, however I have to admit it was a wrong thing to do because we do not know the outcome and that might be a temporary drop.
    Are we out? Not yet
    Will the banks have full free access to EU market?if yes how much will cost?
    if not..well,they will just move some operations abroad.
    Do we know the further trade terms? Will there be any "associated member" fees?
    I guess until all above are ratified, we cannot really say if slightly better or slightly worse.
    Let's wait until 2020-2022 and hope for the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information