1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You also know the U.K. has one of the highest animal husbandry standards within the eu? The idea they are all going to be thrown in the bin when we leave the eu is ludicrous and you have no actual fact to support your claim

2. The way you describe the current situation you'd think we have the ability to actually make our own laws and not be forced to follow the EU.....:D:poop:

3. The USA and the EU have no trade agreement. Does that mean that trade between the two is on hold until there is an agreement?
    No. Trade is ongoing. TTIP or no TTIP, there is, and will be, trade. We will trade with the USA under WTO, or under a bespoke agreement that the USA and the UK devise between them. That is as certain as anything is in life. If the terms of TTIP are unacceptable, it is up to UK citizens to ensure that their MPs are aware of this.

People have this idea that trade agreements with, or on behalf of, the EU are simply there to get the best deal for EU members. It would be more accurate though to say that the EU forges agreements for the purposes of protectionism. We might disagree with each other as to whether protectionism is a healthy thing or not in terms of trade, but the core purpose of EU trade agreements being protectionism is not debatable.

I would argue though that systemic, permanent protectionism is a poor long-term choice for an economy.

4. Bloody EU racists, well I never :eek:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. who was the TTIP miester and who rejected ttip?

6. I believe the eu has to make one rule that expects to be equally applied whether you are Bulgaria, Latvia, Romania or the U.K. will see a blanket rule that is needed more in one country to raise it up than in other countries which already exceed it.

We haven't even agreed with the eu yet and some are wondering into the u.s. agreement that haven't even started yet but are claiming them as fact. Honestly clucky hens, stop trying to have several fights at the same time, you will get all stressy head

7. Funny old world, when we turned down ttip we did also turn down larger economies and larger gdp and we were told that it was the right thing to do as somethings are more important than just money and economies

When brexiteers decided through a democratic vote to leave the eu despite being told it would weaken the economy and the gdp we said the exact same thing, somethings are more important than just money and economies

Now can someone explain to me why the exact same distinction is correct for ttip but not for brexit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Are you now saying that it's ok for the economy to be damaged by Brexit because it's for the better in the long run? Take back the power and all that...

9. did we turn down TTIP DM?

10. Nope I was very clear but you attempting a channel 4 newsreader "so you are saying" did make me chuckle

I highlighted when the eu(of which we are part of fin) turned down ttip, the excuse largely given by the eu and its supporters was, somethings are more important than money, the same reasoning many who voted to leave felt.

It highlighted the hypocrisy of many of the extreme remainers,
    "yeah right on eu we don't need the american money we are more than just money"
    but when brexiteers used the exact same argument the extreme remainers were
    "boo you brexiteers do you now we could have had lots more money, what do you mean it's about more than money?"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bloody hell.

Just look what Jezza has done now, one little speech with delusions of grandeur littered throughout (although he knows himself it's not workable) and now things have heated up in here again.

Can't we just bloody leave already and stop with the pissing around?

Ever since the announcement that we'll all be eating American next year I've been googling what's going on the shopping list

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/american-food-dishes/index.html

• Like Like x 1
  12. On Frank fields interview at lunch time he joked, Me and Jeremy have been friends in politics for decades and I can tell you now, when it comes to votes on europe, we have always both walked through the same door.

13. I was just being facitious. You and the other heavy posters here continuously spout quotes from heavily biased right wing websites and newspapers whilst at the same time saying the country has had enough of 'expert facts'. This manipulative method of debating/argument used to be confined to the more extreme right wing political groups that no one really took seriously. It's depressing that Trump and the Brexit movement have brought it into the mainstream.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I guess you must have missed the many links and articles I have placed in the discussion from French, German, Belgium, Italian, Austrian etc news sources such as Le Monde, de Spiegel etc as well as the many discussions and papers from the eu themselves? Not counting the many many news videos of eu ministers and other countries leaders on news channels put into the discussion by myself and others?

With that omission of what has been infront of you the whole debate, can I suggest the debate has been strong but reasonably balanced but you have chosen what you wanted to see and not what was right in front of you?

Only yesterday, I posted an eu budgetary document by the eu on what the eu were going to do without the U.K's cash. does that mean you now see the eu as extreme right wing too?

15. Supermarkets will buy what is cheapest. They have no interest in our health only their shareholders dividends. Once they buy the cheapest they will do pull the market down to that level and UK farmers will not be able to compete.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The whole weekend, Corbyn and his team have been promoting they have the golden fleece and today, the day of the show, they brought out a stinky old man dog blanket that everyone has seen before.Whatever your views are on brexit, Corbyn and Labour have no answers on it at all.

which is nonsense of course as you are still trying the american argument on a deal that hasn't even been started whilst in the middle of a deal that isn't even concluded with the eu.

Let me show you something duke. we deal currently under eu rules when it comes to foods so what we eat should be safer according to you. Food Standards Agency, look how many recalls there are on U.K. food whilst in the eu. It would seem all countries have issues, no?

https://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/alerts

also how would you account for the rise in health foods, free range eggs, organic beef, free range chickens, all that come with a higher cost but the consumer dictates the market? According to your argument those items should not exist

apart from echo chamber politics of "chlorinated chicken" you don't really have much at all

17. Noobs, stop playing with the poor fool, Dukey66. It's beneath you. :)

18. Utter surrender noted.

We are all helpless! Surely Big Government will save us!

19. Worth a watch. o_O

• Thanks Thanks x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information