1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I just watched an interview with Carolyn Fairbairn of the CBI on Sky News who was seemingly happy with the 'new' idea that Corbyn has just had

When she was asked the question of didn't she think it was unworkable and unlikely that the EU would agree to a new type of customs union whilst allowing us to strike trade deals with the rest of the world, her response was extremely optimistic saying that she can't see why we wouldn't be able to do it

Am I missing something here? Has this woman been viewing and reading something different to me over the last few months in regards to feedback from EU negotiations?

Honestly the mind boggles

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Unbiased?
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Must have taken Lightning 5 minutes to knock that spreadsheet up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Which is about 4 minutes and 55 seconds more than it takes for you to make your posts up. :rolleyes:

5. Chairman Corbyn on the news: plan A is to negotiate with the EU. Plan B is to keep negotiating with the EU. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. At least this is a slight admittance that what Corbyn has said in his speech isn't really that far away from what TM has said in the past, and the EU have rejected out of hand.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f-of-no-10-and-corbyn-single-market-brexit-eu

Honestly, the mind boggles.

The problem with jezza and this new found wave of naive optimism regarding his plan is this. The EU do not have to make any statement about whether they believe his plan has legs, because quite simply he's not in charge and why comment on this when it's better for them not to.

They can now sit back and let jezza and his team of believers derail any progress currently made, wait for a GE and hope he gets in power on the back of this genius idea of his.

By that time they'd have practiced every form of delivering the response 'NO', then once again they can sit back and watch the nauseating fallout of despair from all concerned.

Yet jezza will implement plan b......and ask again

Plan c presumably is to get a placard and for him to protest outside the doors of Brussels, I guess that's at least playing to his strength eh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have no idea who advised Corbyn and Labour on this "Big announcement" that turned out to be a dud but it feels like the same person who told May to keep saying strong and stable.

It was also clear that Labour have absolutely nothing to offer on brexit in anyway shape or form other than the vast majority of the plp are wishing to overturn a decision by the majority of labour voters, so at this point we need to treat labour a bit like the lib dems and stop giving them air time.

#11729 noobie, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018

8. Why are you so concerned about what Labour are doing? Surely you should be berating the cock ends currently in charge of the Country who are making such a hash of everything.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Irrespective of the right or wrongs of Brexit, am I alone in getting the impression that our politicians and negotiators have the management ability and vision somewhat below those that ran British Leyland (or British Rail) in the 70's?

"Fucking appalling" would be my assessment so far.

I work for a multi-national distribution business and my foreign colleagues are dumbfounded at the level of ineptness of our politicians.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Companies only have one goal, profit. That is why so many men are on the top table, they only have to concentrate on one thing at a time.

Go into politics however and the one thing you have to concentrate on is people, and most be crazy. That's why we need more women in politics, they at least on multitask.

And no, polishing your ducati in the lounge because the mrs is out, with a beer in one hand whilst watching moto gp is not multi tasking, it's brief moments of alpha male quickly stopped when you hear her car coming up the driveway

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Oh I have enough for them all

Bloody cock ends

12. Well done Barry Gardiner tbh, Jon Snow is an arrogant presenter.

13. hes deffo gone that way, pity.

14. The simple fact is that once again some politicians promised something that just isn't possible. I never understand why people still get taken in by them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. because most aint political geeks. all it takes is some well written bollox, some carefully selected imagery and some hypocritical behavior from our elected leaders. job done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. This might explain it better

17. #11739 noobie, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information