1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. But that country isn't the UK is it so that's OK. We are amply supplied with Guardians, Observers, Independents and taxpayer-funded propagandist national broadcasters to balance the views of the perfidious Sun, Mail, Express and Telegraph. And everyone has an internet connection which they spend half their lives glued to, so other than the hideous nightmare that we all have minds of our own and won't necessarily adopt the "correct" opinions there is little to worry about.
    Rather than fretting about the kind of information people are absorbing and wishing the "wrong" outlets could be censored or silenced, it would be better to win support for ones views through positivity and reasoned argument. Accusation and antipathy doesn't work. It entrenches division and keeps history going round in circles, not bridges it and makes progress.

#12061 Gimlet, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. i didn't say censored. i didnt say there should be no free press, quite the opposite. i aint for burning.and i aint talking about the uk as a whole either.
    many on here and out there obviously, probably everywhere, have been arguing vote leave and defending leading figures and activists positions and alleged actions for quite some time, which is totally cool, using MSM articles and links. lets say you didn't have those resources at hand, and there was enough evidence to sugest there was a coordinated approach between the ruling party, the bbc, itv and pretty much every printed media out there saying the opposite you know to be true. things you have seen and with your own eyes being reported as something quite the opposite. lets say, customers and otherwise well educated friends, whipped up to a frenzy, repeat them as fact, and usually uninvited, lets say these people dont or wont look at social media because they believe its just cheep propaganda for kids.
    lets say leave lost.
    would you just let it go? where you really that fussed in the first place?.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. To be fare all the others on this thread who are passionate about remaining in the EU are that way inclined for selfish reasons - as they wish to retire in France or elsewhere in the EU in the not too distant future. They don't like the uncertainty of their dreams and fear they will no longer come true - it will be fine for them though, they need not worry :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aye, funny, but true - chill dudes :cold_sweat:

5. Hilarious response of a leaver. Maybe the more socially minded out there actually think there may be some good in the union, outside of retirement plans! As much as there is wrong with the EU there is more right. Laughable that the biggest landmass, nearest population and largest trading partner is just over the channel. Yet some have a Dads Army attitude and think we are still part of an empire. Halcyon days my friend. As long as we didnt weaken to single currency we would be fine. Yes the EU needed re modelling. But little Britain, your not from round here are you? mentality is just that, small minded. Your not going to get the full on clean break, no contribution and free trade. Wake up, smell the coffee.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. You'll be fine poppet :) I like instant btw, and have business interest and family in the EU. No one likes Europe more than me :innocent: just don't like your hero's in Brussels :yum and the insular racist attitude of them all :worried: fuckin awful, worse than out politicians and that's saying something :eek: - your synopsis is ridiculous and aimed at winding people up yes? Bit silly :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Moi?

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. BTW, its fine to use words on here, although emojis are sort of like pictures, if your finding the dictionary difficult.
    I have family in the EU as well, at the moment.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. :thinkingface::rolleyes::poop:...........o_O

:yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. p.s. use more lil faces in your posts :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. So instead of just repeating your snide little insults at SOME of those who just happen to disagree with you,(not forgetting that the majority who could be arsed to vote actually disagreed with you,and then gave your view another two fingered salute by electing the bloody Torys AGAIN),how about you park your stereotyping just for a second and explain some of the advantages that YOU think come with EU membership?
    Don't think for a second that what you say will be swallowed wholesale,there'll will be plenty of data dug up to illustrate other peoples differing opinions,but be nice to hear what you think is so wonderful,(and even you admit it ain't perfect),and what you think isn't so good.
    Or is dissing the others who chose independence all you have?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Why do people conflate voting to leave with a yearning for empire? Its ludicrous and evidentially nonsensical. The two things are as unrelated as daffodils and elephants except in the minds of people desperate to discredit a vote they are furious at losing.
    I can't accept there is more right than wrong with the European Project. If I did I might have voted to remain. It has demonstrated itself to be a corrupt, authoritarian, paranoid, inward-looking, defensive, secretive, antidemocratic, wasteful, deceitful and megalomaniac construct that has brought economic misery and democratic disenfranchisement to hundreds of millions of people.
    Personally, it is precisely my loathing for imperialism, empire building and the drive for subjugation that lead me to vote leave. I detested the British empire, for the unfashionable reason that I believe it did greater and more longer lasting damage to this country than to any of its former dominions, not an angle that is often discussed.

Political power should always be devolved as far downwards and dispersed as widely outwards as possible. The EU represents the diametric opposite of that political geometry and is a dead-end hangover from a cold war past that has failed utterly. Why you would accuse those who have grown weary of this dystopian and plodding anachronism of living in the past is incomprehensible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Why do people conflate voting to leave with a yearning for empire?.
    convincing arguments where made to people that could be persuaded by them, ie, they are inclined to believe there's people at the top that are that way inclined, myself included.

#12074 finm, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. Another little snippet that may have passed by that odious drain on the taxpayer Michel Barnier...it appears he hasn't noticed that the UK is the largest recipient of the exports of the other EU members.
    In brief

Claim
    The UK is the EU's single largest export market.

Conclusion
    That's right for the goods market. If you treated the UK as if it were out of the EU it would have made up 16% of the EU's goods exports in 2014. That's just ahead of the United States.
    [​IMG]

https://fullfact.org/europe/where-does-eu-export/

15. 3rd biggest now I think you will find.

16. I can't accept there is more right than wrong with the European Project.
    coolio, i guess i would have to spend a life in your shoes and vise versa, we, like are location are miles apart and have different experience of unions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Personally, it is precisely my loathing for imperialism, empire building and the drive for subjugation that lead me to vote leave. I detested the British empire, for the unfashionable reason that I believe it did greater and more longer lasting damage to this country than to any of its former dominions, not an angle that is often discussed.
    yip, you have said this before. i dont believe you would be offended and nor would it be intended if i said England with Wales if that's what you and they wanted should campaign for indi. i think you would agree.

#12078 finm, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • WTF WTF x 1
  18. Why you would accuse those who have grown weary of this dystopian and plodding anachronism of living in the past is incomprehensible.
    300years? :D
    anyhoo, all good. :upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information