1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lightning 650, Im puzzled as to why you think I didnt vote Conservative. More assumptions eh?

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is a great post.

A decent put-down of someone else's assumptions but with no chance of being called on it in return. I mean, no one will ask you who you voted for, it's not the done thing don't you know. Nice one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. So the reason we should stay in is to overcome the problems caused by joining in the first place?
    You are going to have to do a bit better than that mate...telling people that joining the EU 46 years ago caused untold grief to UK firms,and that only ten years ago membership drove,(after 36 years years of being in the EU),a Japanese-owned private company to get rid of most of its employees in the UK and make its money from factories in the EU?
    If I wanted to pick an article that illustrated how damaging EU membership had been to the UK,I couldn't have found a better one.

"A decade ago, Nifco UK was in deep trouble. It had lost control of costs in the highly competitive business to supply UK-based car plants that sell across Europe. Rivals in Germany and elsewhere threatened to devour the company’s market for handles, plastic pipes in car engines and seatbelt covers. Nifco UK badly needed a turnround plan.
    The predicament was the same that thousands of British companies have confronted since the UK joined the European bloc in 1973, ending long years of preferential ties with the country’s former colonies".

#12084 Lightning_650, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. Uh?
    I don't assume anything about anybody,but I might comment on their public statements and the propositions/opinions expressed within them,in exactly the same way as others are entitled to comment upon anything I might contribute,(!).
    Who people vote for is a private matter unless they choose to say so.

#12085 Lightning_650, Mar 3, 2018
  5. https://www.politicalite.com/brexit...gel-farage-facebook-poll-goes-horribly-wrong/

Tony Blair Blames Nigel Farage After Facebook Poll Goes Horribly Wrong
    The poll asked “Which Brexit option do you want the Government to choose? To leave at whatever cost or To stay and re-think.

Blair’s poll backfired spectacularly and 67% of voters voted to leave the European Union at all costs.

He then tried to claim that the Poll had been “hijacked.” and blamed Nigel Farage. “Not trolls but #naughtynigel”

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Ok then. I dont mind saying I vote Conservative, not an issue.

Tony Blair has to be one of the most obnoxious politicians ever based on his actions taking us in to an illegal war. Difficult to think most people would not like to give him the Vs by going against ANY requests he makes. He still would like a stab at more power.
    Farage, hmm, might be a hypocrite anyway. German wife? Plenty money and investments, I dont believe he was ever acting for the 'common' man in the UK. Even now he has left UKIP, which has imploded anyway, he is missing the limelight. An attention seeker if ever there was one.

51.9% voted to leave the EU

67% against Blair, in what situation, hardly a proper democratic vote of any relevance.

https://www.politicalite.com/brexit...gel-farage-facebook-poll-goes-horribly-wrong/

As a source of any facts? I hope people dont take this kind of comic seriously.

7. Loads of politicians are obnoxious. By their very nature most want to tell you and I what to do and impose it on us. Party politics is killing this Country.

8. You missed my point. The reason for this though was I was being rather oblique, not through any fault of yours.

J biker put his money where his mouth was, in any event, so my point is moot (as well as overly obscure : o ) )

9. Check Tony B.Liars Twitter feed?
    As it happened I cast my vote in this poll.
    Unnecessarily as it turned out,there were plenty of others who made sure that public opinion was correctly represented.
    Just for you:
    https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/969521137012150272

Worth noting that the Facebook poll attracted 174,000 plus participants,the Twitter poll...1800....

#12090 Lightning_650, Mar 3, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. So Tony Blair doesn't get the result he wanted when he put a question to the public and complains. :thinkingface:

I sense a theme with that reptile. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. You'll be reet.
    I just couldn't remember asking him the question.

13. Yes,I KNOW it's childish,I just think it's FUNNY...
    [​IMG]

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. I may never be able to get off to sleep ever again. Thanks, pal.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Crikey. Still going.

Simplified, you either want to live in the UK or be part of a super state Europe. Be British (Or Scot or Welsh or Irish or English) or be European.

The rest is just postering. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. But Bradders, your missing the point, hours and hours of debate and entertainment, as well as some folk with no sense of humour. Cant wait for the next instalment..

:innocent:

17. here it comes now.....
    [​IMG]

18. Very true.

19. they aint being asked to, its called "the uninvited".

Do Not Sell My Personal Information