1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. why do you take such pleasure in it then yahbigfugging roaster ye?
    :upyeah::p

2. Uh, let me finish up with my current job first! Goat, you're so impatient!

3. why do you take such pleasure in it then yahbigfugging roaster ye?
    :upyeah::p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You just repeated, as far as I can tell, the question I already answered. Is this about cookery?

5. how? are you chicken? :D

6. Can't help yourself, can you.

Yours weren't points. Prove them, rather than me refute them. :rolleyes:

7. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Shut up, noobs : o D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oooo, a quiz. :)

"Food Rotting In Fields"

Right, food rotting in fields. Well, putting aside The Guardian as the source, nothing in there points to Brexit as the cause of this. There is mention that the UK is now less attractive due to the fall in the £, and that's it. But that's a massive boon for exporters. If farmers have been able to exploit a strong £ for years, having migrant labour that would work for less than a UK citizen, then I have little sympathy when the situation normalizes.

Net migration to the UK last year was 244,000. That's 244,000 more potential workers than we had the year before. EU citizens net migration alone was +90,000. So maybe this "shortfall" isn't down to "a lack of migrant workers". Maybe farmers should pay higher wages and not rely (exploit even) cheap unskilled migrant labour? :thinkingface:

upload_2018-3-6_14-51-42.png

upload_2018-3-6_14-52-52.png

NHS "Staff Shortage"

Well, a very wooly piece Which talks about "10,000 EEA nationals quitting the NHS". There is absolutely no mention of how many joined the NHS in the same period, and I've looked. Most of the piece focuses on Non-EU nationals that require a Visa to work and stats on how the bar has been raised for obtaining these visas. Didn't the Govt say it was going to tighten up on non-EU immigration for lower or non skilled workers a long time ago? Why is this a surprise. Looking at the salary figures quoted, Doctors would be in no way affected, whichever part of the world they came from.

Very vague sources "Medical recruitment firms" (who presumably are on a commission) and "NHS employers". And lots of typical hyperbole, "Doctors turned away", "Restrictive immigration quotas" (I assume that means you can't just drag anybody into the country) "could worsen post Brexit"

"Quantitative Easing"

A scheme designed to keep interest rates down and the cost of borrowing low. This is vastly different from your original statement of "an economy that is only kept up becasue the Bank of England has injected huge amounts of money into the system to try to prop it up" by stating "kept up", I'm assuming that you think the UK economy would collapse without this rather minor scheme. In the big picture of things, this scheme is valued at £10bn over 18 months when the UK GDP is £1960bn per annum.

Go on then, refute that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shoot holes in my argument? Which parts would those be? :thinkingface:

11. Cant be bothered anymore with links to articles from respected sources, insert laugh or smiley here, BUT please, whichever side of the fence, stop using quotes from bloody twitter/facebook/the sun/express online if your expecting to be taken seriously. Simply saying 'no it isnt' or 'yes it is' does not really add anything of value either. Seems to be the season of selective hearing (or even reading) ! ;) ;)

12. Why hasn't anyone used the word nunge for such a long time?

Surely to christ there's been plenty of opportunity ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. It's been used. Where it'll do some good.

Relax, I got this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Never doubted you loz (popcorn eating anticipation emoji)

15. i almost crashed the car laughing last night when i heard this on the radio.
    “I propose we aim for a trade agreement covering all sectors and with zero tariffs on goods,” said Tusk.

“Like other FTAs, it should address services, and on fisheries reciprocal access to fishing waters and resources should be maintained.
    up here the millionaire pro brexit boat owners of the north east coast seem to be the only one with a voice in the media. i appreciate the negotiations are still at an early stage and making them wealthier is important but they aint the only sector in scotland and where well warned of the priorities the uk gov.
    teehee. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. One day finm is going to be kidnapped, tied up and held - not for ransom, though. Finm is going to be kept in a small room and forced to listen to Dr Jordan Peterson until his head is back on straight.

17. no chance. but may i suggest you get R4 on as historian sir tom devine is doing is thing. :upyeah:

18. History. Serious science, that.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information