1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  1. I particularly like the points made fairly clearly which don't use the term 'restricting' as in the headline, but 'controlled' which is far less hysterical

The government said it was committed to having “controlled and sustainable” migration and the new system would be based on evidence including that from the MAC.

“The British people want control of our borders, and after we leave the EU we will ensure that we can control immigration to Britain from Europe, putting in place a system which works in the best interests of the whole of the UK,” a Home Office (interior ministry) spokesman said.

2. well, thank feck for that. its about time they took control of the power they already had over immigration. :rolleyes:
    :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. [​IMG]

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  4. Quite, they have had control over it for years but have chosen to turn their backs on it. I wonder what will happen when India/China/USA & the whole of the Commonwealth insist on free movement of their people into Britain in return for a free trade agreement? :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. yip, all those of non eh.. Protestant persuasion.
    doh! :D the Scottish torys will love that.

6. Exactly.

And I wonder what will happen when India/China/USA & the whole of the Commonwealth insist on having MPs at Westminster!

7. They'll cope. Look what they have to put up with already.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. they seem to have adapted to westminster ok. their in with the like minded i guess

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. : o (

haters hafta be hatin'

: o )

10. pretty raj init?
    a tory politician gorra tory.

11. I have noticed a change in the wind direction regarding Brexit coverage in the media. Almost in preparation for a more upbeat outlook perhaps, as they start to realise that things may not be as bad after all?
    Even saw a financial report talking about the Eurozone growth having peaked and heading a little south (2.7% down to 2% so far in 2018). They may have to change their QE plans to keep things on track but internal tensions rising on ECB policy. Meanwhile, the UK growth has held up reasonably well, inflation has peaked and is dropping, record low unemployment that most of the EU can only dream about
    And the overblown stories of London financial staff being relocated to European centres:
    https://news.sky.com/story/forecast-of-brexit-job-losses-from-city-of-london-drops-by-half-11306851
    An interesting contribution from the city;"Really, our only competition in the financial world is the US. The EU does not have a financial centre & I do not believe has a city capable of filling that role, much as those from various individual countries will claim that they do. Paris/Frankfurt/Zurich et al are all firmly peripheral to the Anglo-Saxon/English speaking financial & legal powerhouse that is London."
    If the EU continues to try punishing London by talking of "no deal to include financial market" it will be to New York's advantage and I hope that the EU will start to reassess that having a good financial powerhouse in Europe will bel to their advantage.
    My glass is half full :sun:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Off topic, you say?

Saves me reading it, I guess *thumbup*

13. i deleted it after you seen the image., that my friend is what is promoted by some unionist mp's and msp's. if you where interested enough to follow what goes on out side yer bubble you would at least understand if not agree what motivates many not to vote as you or others might.

14. Disloyalty is a great motivator.

Oh, and gerroutta my bubble!

15. yip, as wages stagnate and spending drops so will inflation. gonna let you and others into a lil secret, london aint the only part of the UK and price of oil has gone up 50% in the last year. that has contributed massively to the economic forecasts, you may well be feeling like yer glass is half full, but i am watching our parliament become half as powerful.
    yeah baby, fracking, GM crops, more procurement done on our behalf from London and the loss of tax revenue because of it, etc etc bring it on we loves it!.

16. You actually believe that parliaments have meaningful power?

[​IMG]

17. yip, right or wrong we will follow, we will follow. :p
    you can ram yer bubble right up yer jacksy brw.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. yip, right or wrong we will follow, we will follow. :p
    you can ram yer bubble right up yer jacksy brw.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information