1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. so you where happy before? why change it? they also say those with no brain fear no pain.
    fugging amateurs.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Happy we are leaving and the benefits change will bring. Think beyond one dimensional fin, think beyond.

3. One-dimensional thinking is the first step, noob. Don't teach him to run before he can waddle.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. yip, thats what she said init, one dimension Britain, or was it one nation Brittan? hmm.

5. Loz, is this you and fin?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. you and yer EU elites, loz. LOL.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Funny trumped Facepalm on this occasion but I don't want you to miss out, so ...

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Hmm Brexit moving on...

Looks like it's coming up to a decision time for May?

On one side there are too many MPs who will vote against No deal/ Hard Brexit therefore the government has a huge problem that it must resolve to this majority MP satisfaction.

On the other side, 60 team Mogg can cause a good deal of problems post the Brexit resolution by not always voting with the government on other issues.

So can May face down the The 60 and survive? To attempt to do this will require a cabinet shake up and one or two might need to go forth & multiply.

9. May has a much greater problem than that. Its not a matter of facing own an inconvenient handful of stubborn Brexiteer dinosaurs. Europhiles in Parliament and their supporters like to caricature the situation thus, but out there in the country where the votes come from, it Mogg & Co who represent the Conservative majority.
    If she rolls over and goes with a "soft" non-Brexit (there is no hard or soft option Brexit - we are either in the EU and ruled by it or we are out and independent, just you are either pregnant or not pregnant) she will cause Conservative electoral support to collapse. There may be a majority of Remainiacs in the Parliamentary Tory party but there aren't out in the country. And May only clung on in government after her pathetic election campaign because many Labour Brexiteers held their noses and voted Tory because they can't stomach Corbyn and the rabidly Europhile Labour party.

They won't come to May's rescue again if she betrays them. A Brexit betrayal will mean wipeout at the next election, which of course is why the corrosive pro-EU, soft-left Tory haters are desperate for a lousy deal for partisan reasons that leaves us servile to a hostile Anglo-phobic EU, regardless of the terrible damage it will do the country and our democracy and the bomb such treachery would put under social cohesion. The thing is I just don't think Theresa May understands that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. I'd be surprised if she does do sackings at the moment, better to have them on a leash than no leash at all.

The eu for their part is openly encouraging project undermine to allow those in parliament to effictively try and remove the foundations from under her, feeling that they don't need to take her seriously or make any effort to deal .The eu have history of this if you look at what they did to Ireland and Holland over the Lisbon treaty and Greece when they voted in a left wing government.

What worries the eu more than us is as I mentioned the other day, the two anti establishment parties are now entering a coalition. A draft was leaked a few days ago but this morning has been confirmed as no longer a draft but the direction they want to go in for Italy.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...r-league-fuels-fears-of-new-crisis-2018-05-16

The want a referendum vote to see if the people want Italexit, they want the eu to write off the 250 billion euro Italian debt and many other conditions that would effectively start the end of the eu, they also want sanctions against Russia dropped so they can trade with them

By having that debt the ECB, IMF and the european Comission continued to control Italy and put their man in as head of the Italian government, he was voted out in the elctions and the eu is in for a very rocky road. Other countries within the eu can see the eu weakening and are now asking for more and wanting to pay less and are less happy about losing their individual countries identities in order to obtain super state.

The chaos will get worse, there is little doubt of that and with the eu weakened in the same way Merkel has has been damaged, One thing I feel at ease with is that we never went into the euro because that is the first thing that will be effected.

11. Crisis, what crisis, I can't see any crisis.

Crunch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Or are we being played by May, who was always a Remainer at heart. Is this all one big charade that is designed to give the impression of trying to find a solution but in reality is designed to leave us in the EU in everything but name from where a new "arrangement" will be made. I don't trust any of them, except the so called "hard" Brexiteers who are the only ones who are prepared to speak clearly and unambiguously.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Non of the various factions can deliver their vision, whatever that might be, the only clear end point in the short term is a failure to reach an agreement going into the "transition" period from where they can continue to fudge the issues.

14. are the hard realities of brexit starting to sink in folks? . there's four parts to the uk, not one. many circles to square, anyhoos, seeing as there's pretty much been a D,Notice slapped on our media up here on reporting the negative implications of brexit for obvious reasons, i guess its up to the bloggers, experts, and the online news sites to do the reporting. stuff like this.
    In a previous essay I attempted to draw attention to the myth promulgated by latter-day imperialists that Scotland annulled its parliament and sovereignty forever in 1707. (The tediously unreliable Wikipedia also gets it wrong.) They aver what we have now is a loan from Westminster, and if we Scots don’t behave ourselves they will take it away again.

This ignorance only goes to prove how much the UK Parliament has become the English parliament. In reality it was England that closed its parliament permanently in order to establish an all-encompassing UK parliament, or ‘the Parliament of Great Britain’, as part of the Treaty of Union.

England dictated where the UK Parliament would sit geographically. With a bit of argy-bargy it might have been established anywhere, like Newcastle, but gentrified English parliamentarians didn’t want to walk too far for a quaff and a wench.

Scotland retained and ‘stored’ its parliament, thus justifying its reopening on the 12 May 1999 in the Assembly Halls (before the Parliament was built in Holyrood) with Dr Winnie Ewing’s historic speech which stated:

“The Scottish Parliament, which adjourned on 25 March 1707, is hereby reconvened.”.
    .tho yet untested, the constitutional experts say this.
    this treaty has been broken many times, it can be rescinded. in Scotland, the people are sovereign, not Parliament, no legislation trumps it. if the people chose to leave, they leave. May knows this. the UN knows this. short of bearing arms, she cant stop this. and quite frankly, the rUK cant afford this.
    yet another circle to square.
    v,popular is devolution in Scotland,
    [​IMG]

then of course, there is the irish boarder, deary deary deary, all of a sudden it aint that easy a tall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oh dear, you been told about this before fin, a warm day, too much buckfast and watching mel in a skirt always brings out the tin foil and victimhood.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Idjit. There's one part of the UK, not four. The "U" stands for "United", remember.

Honestly finm, have you been using the vacuum cleaner to clear your sinuses again? I warned you before about that, the vacuum is sucking out your brain cells leaving you kinda stupid. Stop doing it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Honestly, by now I would have thought the snp would have changed it's name to the WNP, the Whinging National Party.

Even after demanding devolution and then getting it, before they even walk through the door to start it, they were whinging again and still haven't stopped since May 99. Isn't it about time someone kicked the snp in the trossachs and said, shut up you bunch of miserable depressive fecks?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/why-is-the-snp-trying-to-rewrite-history/

18. Now now, noob. Some of them are cheerful idiots.

Let's have none of your racist, tarring-them-all-with-the-same-brush shenanigans.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information