1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aw bless but I can tell you what really happened if you wish? In an interview Boris was asked about the amount of travelling during his south american tour, he joked that he's like the official plane but it's always booked, it was then joked perhaps he should have his own? He replied if it was possible and cheap enough yeah why not.

How it was written in the press is more exciting if not as accurate as it could be

2. you did have a horse in this race loz?

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. If you pardon my English a moment fin? are they fuck, if they were, Sturgeon would not be seeking to swap one sugar daddy (The U.K.) for another (the eu) the minute Scotland got independence. If she has filled your head full of nonsense that you can manage it on your own then whispered with the eu's help, then you've been brainwashed.

What is your obsession with gers ? Are you tony the tiger

Fin everyone knows Scotland is in trouble with staffing problems. You are having low child pupping out, your twice as likely to die of alcohol poisoning in Scotland than in any other part of the U.K and given the choice of Scotland or England, most migrants choose England, that is not our fault.

You assume only ukip voted to leave the eu, what about the 38% of scots, 44% or northern irish, 52% of welsh and 53% of english, all ukip? stop being silly now ya barm cake

4. hmm, gers, on one thread you will use it as a stick, the next you deny its existence? strange fellow that you are, but yer logical..... anyhoo, i can see sea trout rising, thats enough kipper for the day. i'm aff doon the beach.
    laters. :upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. I reckon it will take one big current UK employer to say they will not accept the Brexit that the current Government is proposing to make their position untenable.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. I hope so

I remember last year when the eu were worried our security and intelligence services were rumoured to be included in negotiations deal. He said that the U.K. CANNOT withold such things as to do so would put europeans at risk. and now with gallileo, we can't be trusted apparently.

We are the largest provider to the eu of security and intelligence information/services to the eu and non of that is free to the British people so why should it be to europe?

I feel more so that this is why so many of us wanted to go to wto from minute one, not only for clarity for business but also for protection from the eu

Despite saying honest, trust us, we don't want to punish you for leaving, what has actually happened is the eu day after day has sought to keep is in long and drawn out negotiations along with transition, so for years they can keep prodding us with a stick like a dog in a cage

The countries of the eu, of which a few have been quite vocal and said to the eu, your being knobs over this to the commission are not the problem, the comission and the commissioners are.

More so given how much we have put into the eu, the commissioners behaviour I feel has been enlightening to even some remainers to a point that quite a few must be thinking, I never knew the eu could be like that.

This is the real reason for barnier being a twat
    https://www.politico.eu/article/mic...uel-macron-dont-agree-spitzenkandidat-brexit/

#12928 noobie, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  8. chill folks, i blanked out the butchers apron on me scoot yesterday, for the sake of ten bob, i felt considerably safer riding the streets of oban. :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Confusing? leave and save £350 million a week, but think tank says each household needs to contribute an extra £2000..........after voting out.

10. more so for some, when you consider the bleak outlook of £1500 per family worse off bitter together where predicting for an indi Scotland and OUT of the EU... uh huh. anyhoos, lets have a wee look at what yer man is saying.
    EVERYONE is either talking independence this week, or trying not to talk about it.

On Friday, Nicola Sturgeon will finally deliver the SNP’s long-awaited Growth Commission blueprint for independence 2.0. The Scottish Tory leader, Ruth Davidson, tried to upstage it in a speech at the liberal Tory think tank, Onward, in which she supported the Union, but conceded that the highly-centralised London-centric version, is no longer “fit for purpose”. This is not an issue that will go away, as the former Labour Chancellor, Alistair Darling hopes. There will be another referendum in his lifetime, and here’s why.
    Scotland cannot be content as a declining region of the over-centralised Brexit Britain that Remainer Ruth Davidson described, inadvertently echoing much of the SNP’s case. The UK Tory attempt to revisit the British Empire in “Global Britain” is not a project that will involve Scotland, emotionally, morally or economically, as the original empire arguably did. This is not a partnership of equals, even in theory.
    Nor is it the caring-sharing UK that Gordon Brown promised would be the reward for a No vote in 2014 – a new, federal Union committed to social welfare. It will be a centralised, deregulated, free-market Britain, which will seek to overcome the economic self-harm of Brexit by trying to undercut our European neighbours through social cost-cutting, tariff wars and currency manipulation. Britain is raising the drawbridge against the very immigrants who help keep the economy buoyant and society diverse.
    I am not a member of the SNP, or a nationalist, but there is no doubt in my mind now that Scotland should be an independent country in Europe. Federalism might have been an enlightened alternative to independence, but I’ve been writing about it for more than 20 years and it is less likely now than ever. Labour picks it up every so often, and Richard Leonard claims to be an enthusiast, but there’s no demand for it south of the Border, and you can’t have federalism in one country. Moreover, Brexit Britain is about restoring the unitary British state, which is why the autonomy of the Scottish Parliament is being curbed.
    Nations exist for a reason: they are geographical entities,with common culture and social norms, which have been shaped by history and economic circumstances. It is the natural condition of nations to govern themselves, and really we can’t expect others to govern for us. That just leads to the paternalism and dependency of the Barnett Formula. Scotland’s endemic slow growth cannot be addressed by remaining tied to London. Only when the key decisions are taken in Scotland will it be able to progress like other European small nations, and remain an open society.
    This has nothing to do with “identity politics”, as the Tory Environment Secretary, Michael Gove, claimed at the Policy Exchange conference, suggesting that independence was all about tartan racism. This was richly ironic in the wake of Windrush, which revealed endemic racism at the heart of the supposedly “warm home” of the British state. Mr Gove was one of the leading figures in the Brexit campaign which was the epitome of a narrow nationalist project that sought to limit immigration and diversity. Scotland is an open, European nation and wishes to remain so; it is mR Gove’s Brexit Britain that is obsessed with borders and cutting off from the rest of the world.
    Membership of the European Union allows nations to be self-governing without borders, without protectionism, without punitive immigration controls and without nationalism. The selfish, militant and often racist nationalism of the 20th Century has largely been extinguished. It is Brexit that has revived it in the UK. Independence in Europe is the only option that makes sense for a small country like Scotland.
    In recent years I’ve explored the diverse small countries of Europe, from Denmark on the North Sea to Slovenia on the Adriatic; from high-tax Norway to low-tax Slovakia. They’ve all been successful in their own ways because they make their own way. Being small works well in borderless Europe. Big is not better.
    The EU (European Economic Area in the case of Norway) is a unique set of institutions that provides stable trading relations, and open markets while guaranteeing national security. Small countries don’t have to be concerned about the things that used to make them vulnerable: tariffs, currency wars, military alliances and imperialism. Instead they can get on with business. Yes, the big decisions tend to be made by the Brussels machine, and this can sometimes be hard for countries with acute difficulties like Greece. But no small country has ever sought to leave the EU.
    Look at minuscule Slovenia, which was successively occupied last century by the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Nazi Germany, Italy and the Communist Warsaw Pact. You can understand why they love the EU and the euro. They don’t need to worry any more about big neighbours with bad intentions. They can carry on with what small, homogeneous countries do rather well, which is innovate and experiment. Tiny Estonia hadn’t a bean when it was liberated from communism 25 years ago, so it turned itself into the leading digital nation on the planet, offering “e-residency” to anyone, anywhere. When land-locked Slovakia fell out of Czechoslovakia after the Velvet Divorce, it had little except mountains and trees. It has been the one of the fastest growing countries in the EU ever since.
    Scotland can’t look to London to solve its problems – it’s just not going to happen. Countries have to make their own decisions, make their own mistakes. An independence referendum may be off the agenda right now, but Unionists should not delude themselves that because Scottish voters are scunnered with referendums, that means they are content with the Union.

They are not, and as the reality of Brexit becomes clearer over the next couple of years, Scotland will have to look seriously at its options. The spirit of 2014 has not gone away. Voters are biding their time till they see what Brexit brings, but unless Britain finds a way back into Europe, Scotland will find a way out of the UK.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Fin, if you have read that growth comission document, you will know Scotland will be going nowhere any time soon when the snp are driving that bus based on child like economics, but I'll carry on that point in the indi thread later

The eu was doomed the moment it left the trade orgin, the reason for its inception. Germany knew having tried twice, conquering and controlling europe was never going to work in modern times by war, so instead of war war war they sought jaw jaw jaw...and it worked.

The eu is largely a knocking shop for failed and retired politicians from their home countries but like most organisations that seek to control an entire continent, they always end up falling apart, history has shown us this to be true and the eu is little more than a tool for the German economy.

When Greece tried standing up to the eu by voting in a Greece first parliament/government. The eu threw everything at it and turned their president/prime minister into the eu's pussy and now the imf, ecb and the eu own Greece

Where their biggest issue is coming from is Italy. Italy now with its anti eu coalition government is far too big to be bullied as Greece was. They have threatened to remove 500,000 middle eastern conflict refugee's, tell the eu poke it's italian debt up it's arse and if they do not, Italy may run a referendum to leave the euro. The amount of eu money tied into Italian debt will see if Italy falls, the eu falls.

Many of the recent governments elected in the eu are anti eu/eu skeptical, Germany, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Greece and now Italy.

Question, if the eu is so confident that the eu project is the right direction, why are they trying to teach the U.K. a lesson to make sure no other eu country wants to leave the eu?

Why has macron himself said that if they offered the French a eu vote, he feels they would probably leave the eu too.

For now, Watch Italy, they are too big to bully and the eu are scared

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You are seriously shit at politics and really should give up, you are making yourself look v.silly (worse than finm - sorry for the insult but it's true) o_O
    Unless leaving the EU is the cause of our ageing population now :thinkingface: you silly billy :blush:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. many a brexiteer complains about paying for other peoples kids, low pay, 2kid cap, rape clause.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shut up Fin :)

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information