1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. seeing your copy and pasting skills fin is like trying to understand a conversation with Mork from the planet Ork whilst on an etchya sketch :D

2. its been suggested one of the reasons for our increased optimism about the future up here is due to us turning our back on traditional British media. doom gloom sells apparently. then you get the more localized stations, full of, no you cants, no you wonts and no your nots.
    fug yahs, Ram it!.
    yip, what is it about the S,Africans. feking big, fecking fearless. and going by the majority of the ones i know, feking likable :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. All true, I agree up to your last paragraph.

Thing is, we are now in a strong position to negotiate to stay in. (Im laughing now at you lot spurting coffee on your key boards in anger ;) )
    No way your shouting...
    But, the EU really does know it has problems. There are many countries/Governments that have sympathy for our anti EU feeling.

..And all of this means opportunity fora re design, a change of direction, a stronger UK with a stronger Europe. Notice I said Europe, not EU. Because that is the direction it could now be taken. So IMO a huge missed opportunity. We could have strengthened our power, not weakened it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. deffo, they're your words after all. i too struggle with them.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Because they are English. the mother tongue of the world?

6. noob, you dont need to keep posting examples of your beliefs re British exceptionalism. we know already.

7. With the two inextricably linked, there can never be a stronger europe in it's current state unless you remove the european commision and return it to the trade association it was always meant to be. Barnier is using brexit to push himself for junkers job when he leaves next year and he won't allow a strong eu as he would rather have a falling apart eu as long as it is in his own vision

8. I like that you posted what you did, JB, as it is something worthy of discussion.

I offer in reply two thoughts.

If you don't like how the Captain of the ship is running things, you do not mutiny against the First Mate. In case I must spell things out, the Captain in this example is the EU and our UK politicians, the First Mate.

Secondly, in order for a child to learn how to ride a bicycle, at some point the training wheels must come off. In this example, the bicycle is running the country, the training wheels are the EU and the child is Theresa May.

There you go, sorted.

9. If that means more time with a half full cup and realising the U.K. (even the moany bit up north :D) has a lot to offer the world and we are seen largely as a country most want to come to then yeah, I'll take that

10. This would be my suggestion, subtle rebranding for the EU, like what this Jap company did a few years back:

datsun_badge_mylar_35mm.jpg

Lets face it, most Brexiters have been proven to be not very bright, it said so in the papers, so here you go...

nissan.jpg

Like that. You would never spot the difference or even realise Johnny foreigner still had some influence. Job done.o_O

11. So how do you explain so many scots, welsh, northern irish, labour voters voting to leave?

12. if you don't like how the Captain of the ship is running things, you do not mutiny against the First Mate. In case I must spell things out, the Captain in this example is the EU and our UK politicians, the First Mate.
    i truly believe you have this back to front loz, tho i would say the first mate is actually the Admiral.

13. I truly believe that you are cute and will get a noogie during my upcoming Scottish tour.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. It helps though if the eu isn't run by captian pugwash and seaman stains

15. There's a number of powerful , wealthy people both in the UK and Europe that don't want the UK to leave the EU because it financially beneficial to them for us to stay.
    Until the government grow some balls and tell them were off and were giving you no more money we will just keep playing Brexit ping pong
    The UK has given Europe enough

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. It helps though if the eu isn't run by captian pugwash and seaman stains
    that will be sir captain pugwash and sir seaman stains to you btw.

17. You said The whole Brexit referendum was never about our membership of the EU or what was best for the country, it was always about keeping the Conservative party united and heading off the treat of the blazered golf club set going down the UKIP route. Another massive success then.

so I replied So how do you explain so many scots, welsh, northern irish, labour voters voting to leave?

Could you answer my question first before your usual diverting? Thanks

18. every constituency in our case, some as high as 69/70% remain.
    anyhoos, we aint leaving just yet. maybe we wont completely leave a tall.
    good work SNP, PLAID CUMRU SINN FEIN and all the other pressure groups. :upyeah:

19. You are far too generous in your analogy imo. The best compliment and most accurate term for May would be the "training wheels" - at some point (she will be) removed and slung in the garbage.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  20. I'll humour you for a moment shadow , but not to many moments, before I expect an answer from you :D

On the brexit Scots voted to leave were 1,018,322
    on the general election Scots voted Tory 757,949

On Brexit Northern Ireland voted to leave 349,442
    On the general election N.I. voted tory 0

On Brexit Wales voted to leave 854,572
    On the genera election Wales voted tory 528,839

Now, given I've shown you official figures from the official results that show your golf comment was like most off your inputs, rubbish

Again, could you answer my question please

So how do you explain so many scots, welsh, northern irish, labour voters voting to leave?

Thanks in anticipation (whilst expecting little more than a divert, again, having been shown that you talk little more than bolloxs :D)

#13080 noobie, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information