1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Remainder: Airbus says Brexit is bad for business.
    Leaver: I don't care if every business said that Brexit is bad for business, Brexit isn't about "business" and "business" will cope.

Remainder: Yeah but BMW says Brexit is bad for business.
    Leaver: I don't care if every business said that Brexit is bad for business, Brexit isn't about "business" and "business" will cope.

Remainder: Yeah but Siemens says Brexit is bad for business.
    Leaver: I really don't care if every business said that Brexit is bad for business, Brexit isn't about "business" and "business" will cope.

Remainder: Yeah but ...
    Leaver: Yeah but seriously, STFU and change the sodding record, umkay?

Remainder: Yeah, but Trump!
    Leaver: Oh FFS. For very fuck's sake.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Dont worry, we are going to have more farming, rebuild our fishing fleets, and export goods to the rest of the world. its just little business like Siemens, BMW, Airbus in the last few days. No major players.o_O

Seriously though, htf does a business make plans with this taking so long. Maybe (just a suspicion) the government is not really sure what it is doing. Silly idea I know.
    They need to get their finger out and come up with something solid. What ever half baked or otherwise method of 'frictionless trade' they come up with. If business loose whats left of their faith in the UK we could have a domino affect with companies investing elsewhere and washing their hands of further investment here for years to come. Just too much time with nothing but hot air from them.

3. If only there were an over-riding set of rules for trade that could be used for when countries aren't trapped in some monolithic protectionist trading block.

We could call them World Trade Organisation rules or something ... hmmm
    I may be on to something here. Let me see if I can develop this idea into something concrete ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. So, the US is saying that they don't agree that the largely ignored rule against dragging out decisions beyond 90 days should continue to be ignored and want the 90-day rule, already in force, to be enforced. Thus speeding up the resolution of trade disputes.

And this action by the US will erode a function that forms a major bulwark against protectionism, as currently practised by the EU. That's some bulwark.

And this, I assume, is all bad news? Really?

Trumptrumptrump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. A company named after spunk - feck em then :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I smell a rat.

"Brexit will be fine, we will just trade under WTO ru- oh oh, Trump just cancelled WTO. We're doomed. Doomed!".

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oh dearie me o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The meedja are passing this off as a REMAIN demonstration...
    [​IMG]

But the banner says THIS....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. The whole world is up shitcreek. The wealthiest are doing everything they can to protect that wealth.

Maybe there has to be a real people's revolution.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. if you knew yer history you will know the scots and english specifically formed the union to fight the french.
    the first thing you see when you walk in to edinbro castles museum is a plaque that says so...
    funny thing history init?
    sovereignty!

11. Treason - a law made up by the wealthy to protect their wealth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. They betrayed the French, too?

Breathtaking!

13. yip, Such a parcel of rogues in a nation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I have to admit, a sneaky admiration

is not what I am feeling for you guys!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information