1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. The longer the Government takes with this whole debacle, the more damage will be done. They really must put their cars on the table so business can make plans for the future.

2. But thats the point isn't it, cards on the table gives you no leverage in negotiations.

Its impossible to tell everyone what they want to know because by doing so your telling the people you're negotiating with your position well in advance.

I know thats not what people want to hear, but I'm yet to ever have even a low rate negotiation with a supplier, or customer, whereby i issue them a full disclosure of points with my position in advance.

I know businesses want to know whats happening and by them not knowing its doing damage, but thats to both sides and i think everyone is focussing on the UK government when the reality is that the EU are the ones rejecting everything out of hand.

Thats their tactic, play strong arm in the hope it'll go their way.

We both have a lot to lose, its futile sitting here saying the UK is the biggest loser from this and the EU will be fine without us, or our market, or our expertise. Thats naive.

Here an example of businesses threatening the UK (according to the headline)

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-uk-solve-brexit-issue-or-risk-100bn-in-trade

Now read this part:

“International businesses who are heavily invested in both the EU and the UK are calling for urgent progress on the key outstanding issues remaining in the talks,” they said in the statement. “Resolving as many of the remaining concerns as possible is becoming more urgent by the day – with the clock ticking towards the October deadline for a final withdrawal agreement.”

The statement was signed by the American Chamber of Commerce to the EU, representing companies including Boeing, Exxon Mobile, Facebook, Dell, Coca-Cola and FedEx. It was also signed by the Canada Europe Roundtable for Business, Europe India Chamber of Commerce and the Japan Business Council in Europe.

The statement said they recognised the complexity of finding a solution for the Irish border, but urged both the EU and the UK to continue to try to find agreement on the issue.

All I'm saying is that there are two sides to this, thinking the hold up is purely down to the UK isn't exactly accurate. Certain positions haven't been able to be taken by our government because of the various hold ups in the HOC.

Add in the fact that the EU have basically just dug in their heels until this point is causing just as much aggro i can assure you

3. Good to see you're still fulla shit duke :D

The very same smt forecast last year a substantial drop in car sales last year for 2018 due to and I list, Dieselgate and the lack of trust in the motor vehicle companies, Saturation of the pcp market to a point there isn't a lot of credit around as people are locked into 3 and 4 year pcps's, rising import prices and the market overtrading i.e. they have had more than a few good up years and the cylical down years that always follows would happen this year, the massive move away from diesel with little new cars being bought as people are tending to increase purchases of second hand petrols etc

But I'll let you read what the smt claimed last year, not that you would ever link it yourself

https://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/business-opinion/car-market-stuck-slow-lane-14116717

4. When two sides turn up to negotiate and one side puts ideas forward and the other simply wants to play snap then yes, it might slow things down, could you have a word with Barnier please JB?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The EU has its own rules and regulations regards trade.

The British Govt wants to cherry pick the best bits to suit itself. The EU refuses to do this.

It was always going to be like that, anyone with an ounce of commonsense could see that would be the case.

Britain chose to leave and has to live with the consequences.

Its like leaving a golf club and then insisting that you want to carry on playing on that course as and when it suits without adhering to the club rules.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. See what you did, finm? Your fault, entirely.

7. Well lets have a look at this shall we

We know, we helped write them

the eu does not refuse this, they do it themselves on every country who wants to deal with the eu, each deal will be a bespoke deal for every country with the eu and to the eu's advantage. They cherry pick more than most

Nope, Britian along with many countries within the eu asked them year in and year out to change as their arrogance had forgotten that the eu comission works for the member countries and not the other way around. The eu comission chose to do nothing so brexit IS the consequence, not the starting point.

Nope, it's like the golf course management company pissing of the players who pay the most then looking puzzled the players have left the club

#13388 noobie, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I was thinking the other day, the Irish are being played by the eu (Germany) as pawns and the snp nationalists would happily privately allow brexit whilst publicly trying to stop it I thought..I wonder if there has ever been a time where the Scottish nationalists have worked with the Germans to feck up the U.K. and the republic also worked with germany to feck up Northern Ireland and then it came to me :D

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/may/09/highereducation.humanities

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Oh oh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. you know noob, if that wasn't one of the many things we hear daily, from every quarter in an attempt to discredit us for nigh on 40years by your UK elites*giggle* it would be funny. but it is, and they do, therefore you are indeed a prick for continuing to pushing it. :upyeah: good work.
    for the second time today
    Falbhaibh is gabhaibh ur gnùisean airson càca
    interesting stats no? who is really the nationalist when you consider the question was only asked in england.
    upload_2018-6-26_12-48-3.jpeg

11. no fin they are not interesting, the core group was just 1,020 people out of 65 million

it's even less relevant because both questions are innacurate, there never was an independent nation brexit vote, there was just one United Kingdom vote which you willingly took part in. Next you will be saying the people in tesco's voted to come out and the people in sainsbury's voted for jellied eels.

Have you been sniffing ad blue again? You know it plays havoc with your hemorrhoids on the way out

12. I thought the LHC was closed down for upgrades ...

13. its about knowing the back story and putting it all together. not just making things up and relying on the ignorance of yer cult to make a point.
    make yer own mind up, here is just a small fraction of the back story.
    https://wingsoverscotland.com/a-funny-kind-of-unionism/.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. oooo I've missed wings and murray, have they mentioned the Snp's independence growth commission report yet, it's been out for a month now ?

in other news, fins raises the important question, why the advocado's votes were not considered?

15. dunno noob, maybe you could ask the extra 10% of members that have joined since its release, what do think yersel? you can think for yourself cant you?
    who or what do you recommend i should read to get a balanced and knowledgeable mainstream take on the uk constitution and its current crisis?

16. yip, thats what trolls do, basque in the shitstorm they create.
    troll. :D

17. Ahhh Govern Hill, I remember it well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information