1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. He has, he must have heard you, he has just resigned

• Like Like x 1
  2. Davis:." We must support the PM, but I can't agree with the PM's position" whilst mumbling about common rule book/ trade being an end to Sovereignty seemed like nonsense to me. If that is the level of control he has in conversations, it does seem sensible he has been replaced.

That said I think being principled and resigning is the correct thing. Boris should have also resigned but of he will probably just jet off somewhere to avoid the ridicule (again). Gove the Toad naturally stays and says "Theresa is the best for Brexit" like a coniving two faced cvnt that he has proved himself on several occasions.

Surely there must be someone in the Tory party who can lead and be acceptable to the broader public? Not Grayling, Mogg nor Hvnt either- ideally.

EDIT:
    Boris has resigned - so at last he has found his conscience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Pleased Boris is gone, but the real shame is he will still be meddling. Still hungry for power.
    The rest of the world must be laughing at these Muppet's.

4. And others may call it dictatorship...

5. I don't think Boris is hungry for power, I believe he genuinely wants to do better things. Now if you had said hungry for power and Gove, I would have agreed

6. I would say a dictatorship is more likely to lock adult government ministers in room, take their phones and watches off them and tell them publicly agree or your getting a taxi home.

7. At one end it’s a reinforcement of ethics and loyalty. At the other it’s tinpot dictatorship.

Tough to know which May plays. Stroking her cabinets hair or the pussy on her lap...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bets on Boris next move?

9. Tory party lose Cameron
    Tory party votes for May.
    Tory party says go to polls.
    Tory party lose majority.
    Tory party split over Brexit.
    Tory part blames May.

Or just Tory party split on EU and Brexit, historical.
    No point in using her as the scape goat again when she has tried so hard to hold them together.
    British politicians from the left and right look like THE problem to me.

10. I think the Tories still have some way to catch up with Jeremy and losing ministers and Jeremy and the Labour plp are no easy bedfellows.

I wouldn't say she has tried to keep them together but more tether them under the old addage of keeping your enemies closer.

11. Maybe, but here's hoping BJ is now damaged goods.
    He has shown no redeeming features for years.

12. I'd be surprised if there is a leadership battle and Boris stands, not impossible but I'd be surprised

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. May is presenting the contents of the White Paper. I have completely lost faith in her and for me, it's like listening to a snake oil salesman.

The other side would be even worse with perhaps even greater splits.

This chaos plays into the remainers sink Brexit agenda. Blair and Mandelson must be laughing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. May losses vote of confidence Boris is made prime minister
    General Election before Christmas

15. Tory party lose Cameron following messy unclear Brexit referendum and he was on the losing side.
    Tory party votes for May as a safe pair of hands as Gove stabbed Boris in the back which left only Loathsome Leadsome as a candidate.
    Tory party goes to polls after May pushes hard for snap election expecting a landslide & believing Corbyn is unelectable.
    Tory party lose majority.
    Tory splits over Brexit policy become critical due to no clear majority group within the party to outnumber minority factions.
    May has no leadership skills whatsoever & appoints many (not all) dreadful Ministers who in turn embarass her, themselves and their office
    Tory party are shocked to realise May actually thinks she is doing a great job!
    Tory party close ranks and start to make earnest plans to dump the witch

British politicians from the left and right are definitely THE problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Which ever way you view things, I feel we are all being stitched up. Both sides.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FTSE100 jumps 1% on Boris resignation :bucktooth:

18. I must have missed page 2 where you criticise the left as well then, I look forward to next weeks thrilling instalment :eyes:

19. Noobie I have said this to you several times before; there's no point my being critical of people who are not in government for what they might have done in any given situation had they been elected. I don't blame or praise the Tories for anything that is not directly attributed to them and their policies.

If Corbyn (or another Labour leader) take office and behave in a manner I consider to be two faced & incompetent whilst not trying hard to fulfill their election promises repeated at three elections, you can expect me to be equally critical. Obviously I would expect at least a two year period to effect any real change in the country.

I am critical of the Conservatives mainly because I judge them by their own claims. They have not achieved any of their stated principal election pledges in seven years, though they still keep repeating them. Thats unacceptable imo.

20. Or at the prospect of May being ousted? Nah its at the idea England could win the World Cup!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information