1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. much of the leader change talk is within the media and not so much within the parties. Even those you push forward as leader candidates have said, she's doing okay within government but is just totally wrong on the one issue of brexit.

2. Sharks. In a sea of pish.

Might be better if they supported their elected leader, the government might then look stronger and more cohesive when negotiating. Just a thought.

3. Nope, I never have what's you're point?

4. I would agree to a point but you also say the nation is split so why would a cabinet be any different? as long as may keeps trying to appease the eu instead of standing up for the U.K. then it is going to be difficult for some within cabinet who then say, that is not what is voted for

Labour is no different in this matter as a party

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I think he wants to invite us all back to the Victorian days.

6. No, I am somewhat aware of Jacob Rees-Mogg's financial interestes, his involvement with Somerset Capital Management and the history of his father By saying it was too subte (I assume you mean subtle) for me, you presume to know a lot about my knowledge of JRM.

What you actually posted was "And yet your poster boy can do no wrong in your myopic view" with a picture of JRM at Lady Thatcher's State Funeral dressed in formal attire. I'll take a punt here and make an assumtion about you. You posted that comment and picture to make JRM look axactly the same, if not worse than the media barons and hedge fund managers that @Gimlet was refering to. How am I doing?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Because Corbyn is so like elon musk?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Is that it?

9. hmm. a couscous moment?

10. No I didn't. I said that the flood of cheap migrant labour that is making the poorest workers in the UK poorer is not the antidote or inverse to hedge fund managers etc etc, as implied by the tongue in cheek post I was responding to: I said that the European migration flood was the direct consequence of those corporate business interests which have debased our democracy by having the unelected regulatory institutions of the EU in their pockets, and that it was those same corporate elites who had orchestrated free movement of people and the anti-competitive practises of fortress Europe in order to enrich themselves and shutout their competitors.

Not all big business supports the EU and subscribes to rigged markets and protectionist racketeering. A lot of it is as implacably opposed to European hegemony, anti-competitiveness and wage deflation as the most militant trade unionist, albeit for different reasons. If you're trying to sell the populace pensions you want policies which increase their income not make them poorer. In fact, that is true whatever you're trying to sell them.
    Rees-Mogg is likewise opposed and has been consistently all his political life, and I share his views. I don't care if he wears a top hat on state occasions, went to Eton and is worth 100 million but then I'm not a frothing at the mouth antediluvian class warrior eaten up with hate and envy. I support or oppose politicians on the basis of their policies and what they say, not the circumstances of their birth and their dress sense.

#14350 Gimlet, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Look sweet cheeks it's like this, you tried to make out Moggs walks around above us using a toff suit to amplify your silly claim

to do it you took a cropped picture of a man dressed smart, going to a dear friends funeral, to which many went to dressed in the same way.

You fucked up, got caught out, 1-0. Move on

13. Exactly Jim. :upyeah:

14. Which is rubbish of course, but what I expect from yourself. You have been the one shouting, being childish (Rees Smug) and avoiding the points raised, all the time accusing others of this behaviour.

I haven't "side-tracked" at all. You haven't replied to the post, simply posted twice more in the manner of which you accuse me. Hoisted by your own petard.

If having 2 typos in a post makes me look stupid in your eyes, then guilty as charged. :rolleyes: You seem to be paying an inordinate amount of attention to it, which points me to the fact you have nothing to back up your original post.

• Like Like x 1
  15. But you didn't follow up did you, and this is little more than a face saver

In all the time this thread has been going on, not once has someone used someone going to a funeral, to try and pervert a direction. Even as passionate as this thread is with all the information, sillyness, digs and nonsense, no one has used funeral pictures..till you

Your replies will no longer get a reply from me

16. :) :upyeah:

17. I'm not crying about anything, again you seem to be deflecting, calling me stupid for a couple of typos. As @noobie said, you were caught out and now you're digging a hole and seem unable or unwilling to be able to drop the spade.

Oh, try putting "Hoist by your own petard" in the past tense and see what you get.

There is some good advice on this thread though, by @noobie You will no longer get a reply from me. You can't debate with a fool (and I expect you to twist that)

18. :eyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information