1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. So explain to me how Brexit will make us better off? I'm intrigued.
    dead easy, what you do is, pay 100,000 people off, put em on the dole. give one person £850,,000 an hour. which means, the average wage hasent gone backwards.
    sorted. meh, economics. piece o piss. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. You been reading the snp's way forward document again fin, hmmm hmmmm?

3. nah, just worked out what they mean when they say, we are the "6th wealthiest nation in da word".

4. We are, just not all of it

5. That supposes that the plan is worth putting through and would be good for the UK economically or for the health of our democracy. In both those respects it would be catastrophic, which was the point the article made.
    Merkel's Germany (and I say that advisedly because as Noobie has said there is another, silent, Germany which I think we are likely to start hearing from soon) and the EU are not our partners. As the article says they are at best out adversaries and at worse our committed enemies. They do not have the interests of the UK at heart, in fact they are explicitly committed to harming our interests and to the dissolution of the European nation state in general. The only "deal" they will accept is one that is damaging to the UK economically, but more importantly - and this aspect doesn't get discussed nearly enough - they want one that will damage our country politically, deepening and widening splits, undermining and discrediting our national governance and fatally weakening and emasculating our constitution. That is Barnier's brief. By definition therefore, any deal which the EU is prepared to sign off must be and will be in perpetuity the worst deal there could be for the UK. The only thing the EU are negotiating on is the minimum degree of bad they are prepared to accept for the sake of expedience. That has been blindingly obvious from the start. Anti-EU campaigners have been predicting in detail this scenario for years and friendly observers in Greece and Norway who have been down this road themselves have warned us publicly time and time again that this was how it would be. And yet when the very thing foretold comes to pass, still there are people who cannot see it for what it is and still think a mutually beneficial deal is what is being negotiated.
    For the UK, the only good deal, is no deal at all and a swift walk.
    And a change of government and a cleaning of the stables at Whitehall.

#14505 Gimlet, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. reeks of identity politics that.
    i know, forgive me, sometimes my inner Eeyore makes me see things that shouldn't really concern me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. As am I, as am I

But isn't it exciting :blush:

8. What identity politics, where? A whiff which only your nostrils have detected because that is what they were searching and wanting to find for the purposes of confirmation bias doesn't count. Point to specific instances.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeah, we can grow our own snowflakes

10. They say no two snowflakes are the same. I call bullshit on that ;)

11. Both from the very rare Latin named Libereralitus knobcheesus

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Germany Germany Germany. hmm maybe more nationalist than identity. unless yer German and consider that part of yer identity. hmm. :thinkingface:

13. What do the French call French doors...Doors

14. bloody doors, the want to punish us, destroy us, make life as hard as possible us. fuging doors. it cos they're french you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Germs are only 2 letters away from Germans

16. What if you take the French from French Letter? :thinkingface:

17. You get a useless non french postman

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. We have gone from a Brexit where apparently is our oyster, to stockpiling food and medicines in the space of two years. What a complete joke.

I hope Gove, Johnson, Rees-Smugg and Co have their foreign escape routes planned as they will need them if the UK turns to shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Got any source for those banking figures yet chuckles?.

Trust me, knowing you are supposed to be retiring to a business center building in St. Petersburg, sorry I meant France, they will be avoiding France like the plague

Do Not Sell My Personal Information