1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Toyota are making a decision to protect their business. Politics doesn’t come into it.

Why anyone thought it would be any different is beyond me.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. It would be, as your glass is 9/10 full but all you see is the gap at the top

3. Toyota obviously do, given this sentence from the article.

"Toyota is investing £250m there to enable the production of the new Corolla from the end of this year. It is taking on 400 new staff, in addition to the 2,500 currently employed there"

The fact the MD uses the term "Crashing out" tells you everything you need to know about his bias, despite their actual actions.

But, let's face it, there is a lot that's beyond you. :rolleyes:

#15903 Robarano, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Car manufacturers have been making more cars than they sell for years. It had to stop sometime. What better time than when there's a ready made excuse to blame it on ?
    Here's an article that you can take with a small pinch of salt if you like, but I don't believe it's all made up shit. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/where-worlds-unsold-cars-go-die

5. People who voted for Brexit didn't know what they were voting for, so they say. But now all the correct information is now out there there the result would be different so we need another vote, so they say. Does anyone know of anyone who has changed their mind from the original vote. I don't.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. 'The Peoples Vote' seem to think so, well at least all the students they've wheeled out on the news channels do.

Watched a girl on sky news yesterday morning, she's recently turned voting age since the referendum had taken place and she honestly fees that's a reasonable reason for there to be another referendum.

That's just life

7. That’s point was made by a so-called comedian the other night. In felt, she relished that ‘probably a million people have died and a million before of age to vote’

Odious witch. Can’t beleive they left her off the hook

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. In the course of these so-called negotiations the true nature of the EU has been revealed. Or at least it has come under the spotlight. It is a deceitful, authoritarian, manipulative and conniving institution that is deeply hostile to the UK's national interests, profoundly anti-democratic and utterly contemptuous of the ordinary British electorate.
    Many of us knew this already but for those who believed in the EU as some kind of a benign cooperative which has brought a civilising influence to Europe, its conduct over the last few months must have been an eye opener. It is simply staggering that any British person with an ounce of intelligence who has been following events would willing remain a member of an institution that holds them and their country in utter contempt bordering on loathing.
    What don't remainiacs understand? The EU is not your friend folks. It wants your money, your waters, your labour market and a large slice of your economy. It doesn't like you or respect you, it just wants to ransack your country. It wants you in the club because you are an enemy it needs to hold close so you cannot become a competitor. It wants to keep you captive and constrained. Why would anyone view such an entity as a friend?
    Yet still some people cannot see what is right in front of them. You have to wonder at their sanity.

#15908 Gimlet, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. You mean.....they don't.....LOVE US??

:scream:

10. Are you talking about the DucatiForum again in a coded way? ;)

11. Toyota manufacture in Belgium you tit :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. I've seen her before, with the job description of "comedian" tagged onto her. :eek: She tried to be a funny a couple of times, but it was cringeworthy stuff tbh.

She kept looking at her notes about JRM, who tied her up in knots with ease. Also, as with her ilk, she kept interupting other whilst they were speaking. She came off looking exactly what she is. :) :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Unbelievable ! :scream:

14. what makes you think they will be finned anything substantial if atoll? they (torys) are just after being fined £400 for accepting an £100,000 pound donation from the SIU (Scotland in Union) thats £75,000 more than is allowed.
    £400 fine, they get to keep the 75k.
    go figure.
    in fact, i will be surprised if you had even heard of SiU or the fine being imposed.

• Like Like x 2
  15. You need to take that with a very very small pinch of salt - most of those photos represent car makers regular distribition centres (in and outbound UK). Very poor article, written by a 6 year old..

Most plants are working JIT and now closely reflect actual market demand. The days of "pushing" large unsold volumes in to the delear network are long gone.

There are exceptions though - JLR has a glut of diesels (demand dropped for these) and VAG are deliberately under producing to the tune of 250,000 vehicles in Q4 as many of their petrol variants have not been certified under the new emisions tests (try ordering a petrol Golf GTI or Skod VRS - you wont get a build date this side of Jan next year).

Nothing to do with BREXIT.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. My own views on BREXIT have long since evaporated as I now sit back and boggle at all the bullshit!

You are correct in that the article is rank rubbish.They show aerial pics and two places are well known to me - Royal Portbury dock on the Severn and the Honda factory. All those cars parked are not unsold. The stupid author thinks that the manufacturers put the finished vehicle in a box to transport it to the dealer. Because the cars are not in their boxes, they must be unsold - they are not. At Portbury dock a flipping huge car carriers rolls in carrying new vehicles. Fiat was one that I recall using Portbury. The cars are driven off the ship and parked in a massive car park within the dock perimeter. There, they will wait for car transporters to ship them straight to the dealer. It is not a random bunch of vehicles as they will be grouped together depending upon where they are going. At the Honda plant in Swindon the cars will roll off the line and have to be put somewhere whilst they await a transporter to take them away.

The whole unsold thing is a myth made up by the dumb author. Does he think manufacturers are so half-arsed that they just manufacture random cars to sit in a field?

BREXIT really pisses me off as the public are just being fed shit by a stupid media who do not have the intelligence to work anything out for themselves. First we have aircraft not being able to fly into Europe and then we have thousands of unsold cars.

The whole debate may as well take place in a primary school playground.. All BREXIT has shown is how, as a country, our media is screwed up.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. The media in the main is run by wealthy tax avoiders with lots to lose if the UK tax havens are shut down.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information