1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Why remain voters can't honestly see the blatant attempts of blackmail and scare mongering from the EU is beyond me.

We might have some shite politicians here, but my god I'd rather them than be dictated to by Juncker and his bunch of cronies. At least we can get rid of our useless bunch, and we should as soon as we're out by the way.

If more people started to have a little pride and backbone, man up a little, we'll be absolutely fine.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...lea-from-theresa-may-to-break-brexit-deadlock

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trump threaten duties. They know he will do it. Junker on a plane within 24hrs. Gives concessions to Trump.

Only one way to deal with bullies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. There's no other way to play this now. Simply leave and sort it out from there with the individual countries within the EU who have a vested interest in keeping the relation with the UK, of which there are many regardless of what position juncker and barnier take.

Even macron would need open trade with the UK, he's just full of piss and wind hoping to get a place at the EU top table when his reign falls short in France

Juncker and Co are trying to push fear with the hope of an about turn 2nd referendum, they've got no fucking chance now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Will be interesting to see what happens if we exit straight. Really think they believe they can force us in to a corner and we will simply withdraw from exit.

When we go (and we must or parliament will need to be dissolved and, IMHO the whole lot should be thrown in the Tower) EU bullies know that may others will follow. As already said, so far UK are the ONLY ones to not relent and keep going til the 'right answer' is given. Then closed off for good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sort of connected is that when people talk about having a Canada +, or Canada++ deal, they fail to recognise that Canada (not being retarded) have a clause in the deal that states that they must be given the same deal if anybody negotiates better terms than theirs. So if the UK get Canada +, then the EU must offer it to Canada as well.

So, as I see it we are fucked - can't negotiate individual deals with European countries (and they can't with us), cannot agree a better deal than Canada and we have a prime minister who can't dance try to cosy up for deals with commonwealth countries that have the same turnover as Newcastle.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Leaving with no agreement means that under WTO rules there will have to be a hard border between NI and the Republic. Something else the fuckwiteers overlooked.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Canada++ is essentially to add financial services as we happen to have a rather large part of our economy in the City of London. Canada gets the same? Not really a problem as Canada has a pretty small financial sector.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Only if EU and EIRE want it. Nothing to do with British govt, we can do what we like. Which is still something you and others seem to miss entirely. She, there will be consequences, but we can choose.

9. We can choose to have no border from NI but that means every other country in the world could export to the UK with zero tariffs and checks as well. Effectively you are back to no borders coming in from the EU but will have borders going out. Not a very good idea.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Oh I can see how you misunderstood that, but let me dumb it down for you.

I'm not saying that we'll strike a deal 'individually' with each eu country which have vested interests in the UK, that'd be ridiculous. I'm saying in a game of bluff and bullshit, which this whole negotiation clearly is, those countries WILL want to continue trade as friction free as possible because they too have their own citizens jobs and livelihoods to consider. Maybe you didnt realise that?

When we're out, decision done, put to bed if you will, I'm pretty sure that the leverage to engage in trade discussion will not only come from us, but from inside the EU, far more than it does at the moment.

At the moment negotiations aren't moving simply because the adopted position by the appointed 'EU negotiations team' is to not concede, nor negotiate, and instead stick firmly to the hope the UK will buckle and about face with the continued pressure of fear.

I think you'll find that stance when all said and done will start to change when leaving or not leaving is no longer a debate, we'll have just left.
    As such with no more bullets to fire on that subject, and no longer an option to halt proceedings, the real heads of state (not Barnier) will want discussions of trade with mutual benefit. After all, many of the EU's largest remaining contributors do very well economically from trading with the UK, again perhaps that little nugget passed you by during your condescending tirade?

Apologies but I thought a man of your self proclaimed intelligence would have been able to piece that together, and you're clearly a man of negotiation experience too I presume so probably knew all of the above?

Perhaps you're just willfully ignorant, genuinely stupid, or to coin a phrase from a friendly American cousin of ours, just an ass hat? :thinkingface:

:kissing_heart:

#15932 damodici, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Exactly. Consequences. Our choice. Better than no choice at all.

12. The evidence is in. It's ass hat.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. It appears even Johnson is now shitting himself about no deal. He wants to delay Brexit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Not much of a choice is it? You would destroy every industry in Britain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. You assume that business will hang around long enough to wait whilst negotiation continue long after you have made operating their business in the UK so much more difficult. Many have already made their minds up that Britain is not good for their business.

You also appear blind to the fact that the EU said from the start that their 4 main principles are not negotiable yet the Govt still thinks they will buckle at some point and change them. Why would they? You never considered that maybe its just the British Govt who is intransigent?

As i said even Johnson will apparently announce today that we need to postpone Brexit. Its obvious that Brexit is totally against the interest of most British people apart from the wealthy privileged few. He knows a No Deal will be a massive vote loser when people lose their livelihoods.

#15937 duke63, Oct 2, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Duke, I like you, I may not know you personally but even still, your hearts in the right place.

Let's get Johnson out of the way.....he's a buffoon, always said that and always will, sod what Boris says because he's frankly irrelevant.

As for your assumption of my assumptions, Well they're wrong.

I'm not suggesting we ask the eu to change any of their 4 'principles'....although I don't believe they're principled for one minute.

I'm suggesting we just leave, as we should have done many months ago as opposed to pandering to the hysterically spineless and worrisome.

You leave, you put that part to bed and get on with discussions on how to move forward.

Canada (as an example) was never in the eu, wasn't aligned with the eu and has managed to negotiate a trade agreement with the eu from outside of the eu.

A country which the existing and largest contributing EU members had a small amount of trade with previously, and now probably have a smidgen more.

Canada negotiated a trade agreement from outside of the eu, without any of the past history and very precisely documented economic benefits of which those eu members gain from trade with the UK. Which may I add is massive.

Presumably you'll come back and tell me that deal took years, when you do go back to the point I made about historically documented economic benefits to existing members....and make a cup of tea

Business with the eu isn't going to stop and trade agreements will happen, that's not fairy tale, that's logic and simply just the way business is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. I just don't deal in all this Nationalism shit. It really is bullshit designed to control you and me. Don't get taken in by it. All it ever does is cause division and wars.

Of course there will be a deal with the EU at some point, i can even see us join a Customs Union for a number of years whilst they sit down and negotiate a sensible option. It was never ever going to happen in two years anyway. It appears even the most ardent Brexit Tories are starting to see this.

Does it not concern you that many thousands will lose their jobs from a No Deal?

Also May's insistence that free movement will end will have an effect on the ability of you and me to move around Europe. I and the rest of the UK population are about to have certain liberties taken away from us and will gain nothing. Does that not concern you?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. At the moment I'm not concerned thousands will loose their jobs because of Brexit, I feel that some might and the reasoning will be blamed on Brexit, and some might actually directly associated with Brexit, but if we play our cards right and encourage inward investment in the UK I'm quite optimistic that we could actually create a large amount of jobs off the back of this and the country would be all the better for it

People may not like the idea of preferential tax rates for encouraging business but that is again how the world has worked, even Mr Juncker can't deny that.

Britain has a very good reputation worldwide for not only financial skill, but IT, engineering and manufacturing, those who aren't particularly proud of Britain may turn a blind eye to that but British brands do far better worldwide than many other eu countries, probably only Germany comes close in quality association

That's why the eu would rather tie us closely as it would be to stop our ability to be an offshore competitive threat, which we will be.

I've no crystal ball, but I have some pride and I'm afraid turning back isn't an option for me, I'm not scared of the change

#15940 damodici, Oct 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information