1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. How is that, then? The pound has dramatically weakened, meaning we pay more for imports, and our goods are cheaper to export.

• Like Like x 1
  2. No idea - just refreshed my page on ebay (not expecting anything to be honest) I didn't think the website would react that quickly to any currency changes (before or after the vote)....it would seem that it does...! ive never really looked at the price from an exact point of view ever!!

3. Pm steps down.

4. What next you say? Farage back peddling on where the (saved) £350m will go, that's what's next.

Suckers!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. And another thing................I cannot believe that those areas in the UK that benefited most from EU funding have voted against staying in the EU.

You can all become a backwater once again as you will have no financial assistance going forward. Well done.

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Drama Queen x 1
  6. Ducati can now raise their prices for bikes and spares on the UK market by 20% if they want. Sterling has dropped like a stone, and they will no longer have to comply with EU rules saying that their products must be priced the same in all EU countries.
    All the UK visitors who are in France on holiday are going to find costs increasing from now due to the collapse in sterlings value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Of course not. We're leaving the EU not Europe. They are two separate things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. The Euro Vs £ is stronger now than 3 months ago, and the predictions this morning are 1.4+ in a few days time as Europe has more to loose (speculation of course) :) What do you mean dropped like a stone??? The £ dropped to 1.32 but is back to 1.37 against the $.
    The price of Ducati 'branded' timing belts already varied massively throughout Europe - what makes you think they were the same? And I'm talking by 30 to 40%

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The bullies are gone now :) you will be fine ;)

10. Bet that lad here is sorry he didn't accept my euro offer last week on his Panigale...he'd of got his asking price and a weekend in Butlins now

11. You now have the real bullies in control. You have no idea what all this means do you?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Why compare the £ against the dollar? It is the EU that you have just voted to leave. I do know a little against the value of the pound against European currencies as I have lived most of my life outside of the UK.
    Some people are quick to forget that BMW overpriced their cars in the UK for years before the EU.
    I am sure that you will pick and choose a few statistics that do not show the bigger picture just like the Brexit politicians do. The best example was the quote of 50% youth unemployment in Greece, what did that have to do with the UK that had just announced 5% unemployment figures?

13. We would never be without you :)

14. You didn't read my reply or your own sentence I guess?

You said - 'Sterling has dropped like a stone' you were comparing it against the dollar, not me - it hasn't dropped against the Euro :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Then vote them out if you don't like them. Because now you will be able to.
    If this level of involvement in politics continues anything is possible. The sky has not fallen in, its a new day. Its up to us now lets get on with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Shocked, I really didn't see that one coming. Of course it probably stands to reason as here in Jockland it was 38/62

I feel another Refarendum dum dum dum dum dum on the cards up here & think the result for the next one might be very different.

Clearly a lot on here have VERY strong views which are the opposite to my frame of reference.

I'm worried not just for the UK, I'm worried there might not be a UK this time next year

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dont worry jock. it will depend heavily on what westminster negotiates away.
    you have bought enough bikes over the years not to accept the first offer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Phil‏@NetflixAndPhil_
    75% of 18-24 year old voted to remain so we are now stuck with a future we didn't want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sad state of affairs, it really is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information