1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Exhaust Manifold Studs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Android853sp, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Mmm seems a bit close given that the pipe can flex, have you a rear hanger attached

2. its just the standard fastening that the old cat connected to. I tried moving the pipe to the other side of the bracket bit it then fowls the swing arm. I'll look again tomorrow evening & do a bit of googling. I'll get some better photos tomorrow when it's daylight too.

3. Any update fellor?

4. upload_2018-12-20_21-36-59.png
    heres the setup...

IMG_3517.jpeg

5. Ok I can see now. You have squashed the original rubber mounting which is the blue washer set up so it has pushed it closer to the tyre. Is the silencer bolted to the downpipes or is it a slip on with a spring. If so some manipulation is needed to give more room to the tyre. Best bet is to remove the blue crushed rubber grommet and replace with some washers to space it out a little as it will still be rubber mounted by the top bolt which attaches to the frame of the bike.

6. IMG_2599.JPG
    This is mine

7. Thanks for sharing that Peter, your pipe is on the other side of the bracket. Wast that standard with your leovince or did you fabricate the bracket yourself? Mine wont stretch that far. Think I'm going to grind the original mounting down to half it's thickness which will hopefully move the pipe out a bit more. I'm really not happy with the clearance being so close. Exhausts move & tyres grow at speed!

IMG_3522.jpeg

8. Just found this on ebay for £6.99 - looks like your's @PeterT.
    I've ordered it & am sure it will fix the problem once & for all.
    upload_2018-12-22_20-9-47.png
    Someone in the carpark at work told me he thought someone was reving up an american muscle car, when I started it up after work yesterday :) Well chuffed with the sound !

• Like Like x 1
  9. All Sorted now. Got a bracket, but the real problem was the pipe fouling the frame near the footrest. Took centre stand & footrest hanger off to get to the frame & filed a bit off the back edge. Got loads of room & it's virtually unnoticeable. Ta for all the tips though.

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information