1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Sport coverage of Moto GP

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Tel, Nov 11, 2013.

1. .

Robbery without violence! £15 is a bit steep for an activation fee, Sky sure know how to make money!!!

2. So...

I KEEP seeing BT spot adverts where the guy goes through all the sports and there is absolutely NO mention of bike racing on there, now... I just don't have any confidence that it's going to be shown live, my suspicion is that it will be a highlights show or full length but that night, by which time my spoiler friend has normally informed me of the result!

I'll wait a year and see if it gets an air time, I am sure there are some really committed people with BT working on the project, I just hope it doesn't get bumped to the bottom as I couldn't be much less interested in football!

3. To be fair, that's a bonus.

4. A comment like that isn't a surprise but I was hoping for something a bit more constructive (note - that's different from "positive") in terms of what people might want as part of a much bigger bike-related programming schedule.

As a biker - and Ducati rider - that's something I can empathise with and support from the inside.

I hoped the pics would be helpful in giving an idea of what's planned. Maybe not.

All the best,

Mark

5. You'll see a new version of the ad any day which includes MotoGP.

6. Should have read your post more fully. Practice, qualifying and races in MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 will all be live - Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

7. I'm going to (begrudgingly) get BT internet next year so I get it to my skybox free. Blackmailed into it, although my sky broadband is crap. What concerns me is the year after that. BT are going to want some money back after all this big outlay trying to out do sky at there own game. All I want to watch is Bikes but the majority of BT sport outlay is for Football so i'll be paying maybe 70% for that. Also whats going to happen when there's 2 big matches on the same time as a race(Assen?). We all know who's going to shit out.

Studio looks the part but its who's in it and how its used that matters. I haven't seen any BTS football or know anyone who has but I've heard its naff, so expecting the worst. BT can't even run the telephone company they started so what chance they can do TV.

#67 900streetfighter, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  8. The race will be shown live.

9. ok, so how's this for constructive, as an existing BT customer that's currently paying more for my line rental than I do in calls and has a genuine interest in moto gp and absolutely none in football or any other sport come to think of it, give me a genuine product choice, not just the illusion of choice that's being offered now!

10. ^^^ I'd have to agree with the above. I only want to watch MotoGP and no other sports and apart from using the Dorna site and possible watching it via the internet I too have little choice.

Paying £12 per month for something that doesn't even run throughout the year is just not sound financial sense to me, there should be other choices or packages. What's wrong with a MotoGP only package? charge a realistic price and then there would be more customers.

I for one will never get broadband from BT again they were useless and expensive when I had them and the service I got was poor, the times I gave up on their customer service whilst speaking to "Mike" in Mumbai defies description as he\they had no grasp of my problems ever!!!!

11. Well said that man.

12. I agree that I would like a Motogp only package, maybe it is something they will do next year (2015).

I just want to be very clear that I wasn't trying to 'troll' BT, although I don't agree with the pay per view thing. I just want clarity as to weather then there are 3-4 sports all on live on the same day how it's all going to fit, because sadly Football Fans wouldn't want MotoGP getting priority.

13. MotoGP will be given priority. MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 races, qualifying and practice will be live.

14. I received an offer from BT yesterday in the post that gives me 12 months broadband and calls free for 12 months and bt sport free.

The catch is you sign an 18month contract and pay £13 a month for the last 6 months, but that is still the best deal out there I think. So get on the phone to BT tell them you know the deal is out there and get them to offer it !

I shall be signing up today to catch the new series of the Moto GP Classics someone mentioned............

15. That's great, but I can't get out of my Virgin package.

16. I could get out of my Sky package but there is also service to consider. I don't rate BT after my time with them and their poor service.

17. My sky phone/ broadband package is up in march and I'll probably be switching. Sky BB is shite. Gone to freesat hd+ for tv and will take bt up on their internet and sport offer.

18. typical.
    ive just won sky hd+ full monty sport movies 3d the lot - for a year free

and the main thing I want is now with bt

aww well will just have to look forward to the new 24 next year !!

19. Looks like its P2P for motogp for me

20. GP Classics on every night at the moment, but I won't rub it in.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information