1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbed SS/888/851/early916/748 sidestand bolt, is there any demand?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Carlos Fandango, Jan 9, 2014.

1. All fits well, very neat and plenty of clearance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mmmmmmmm.........nice nuts you have there............

Now do your flies up.

3. Hi Carlos

Are these available to buy yet mate?

Glen.

4. I have one left (only had a couple made in the end) £13 including postage if you want it

5. Yes please - how do I pay?

6. Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address you can then send me a PayPal payment

7. I would if I could see how to send a PM.

8. Tap on my profile and then on "start a conversation"

9. Hey guys, I'd be in the market for one. I hate the flip up trap of the OEM bolt. It is havoc when traveling with a tank bag & seat bag and you pull in to the final stop and you try and dismount and just when you think you can relax...Ping the stand flips up and you nearly lose the bike on its side. Bloody terrible idea to have a spring loaded side stand in my opinion.

10. Hey Carlos, have you got any spares? I'm in!!

11. There are two other ways of dealing with the flip-up stand...........I have both methods; one fitted to the bike and one on the spare stand.

The pic below shows the first method...........it's called 'file down the projecting socket stub, then add two flats to the side of the nut/bolt thingy'.............however mine is now lockwired as well.

The other method means I will have to go and take a photograph, but I'm too busy at the mo......but it's substitute the spring plate for a curved one, that way it missed the sticky-up stub and the stand stays down.

P1000386a.jpg

#51 Ghost Rider, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mdina Italia sell the curved plate about £14 works a treat.Just remember to flip up the stand before pulling away,unless you enjoy the feeling of crossing the road involuntarily.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Make the damn thing yourself...........

....and remember, the Guzzi Le Mans had a flip up stand......and that never caught me out.....

F-Me...if you don't know if your stand is up or down, you shouldn't be riding a bike.....

14. Think i'll pass on the offer but having ridden bikes with cut out switches for a number of years I admit to having been caught out once.

15. Hello, I've just arrived to this forum and will definitely post something on the newcomers section right away ;)

BUT...
    ....I really need one of these magic bolts to tame the suicide stand and thus to prevent having my 888 collapsing to the side.
    It almost happened today, once again.

I've read all about stepping down the motorcycle and then put on the stand. Good idea, by my flexibility is gone, so I'm already happy when it doesn't hurt much getting onto the bike :)

Please, please, anybody out there that still has one of this plates/flat bolt for the suicide stand or knows where to get one?

Many many thanks!

And, if you have the time, pass by the newbys' section. I'll introduce myself there
    Cheers! and feedback on the flat bolt, please ;)

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Hi Vitor,

Good info including an ebay link in this thread.

17. Many thanks for the tip. Really helpful.
    I've just ordered from the guy on ebay :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information