Chain Oiler / Scottoiler

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by vau, Feb 15, 2014.

1. #41 vau, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. Works a treat. Thanks vau for designing a brilliant piece of kit.
    Now to try and get the rust off the chain!!
    Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG Capture 3.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm waiting for mine to arrive, it's "In production" right now apparently.

4. Thanks for the photos foosyerdoos and mine arrived last week. The purchase from Shapeways was very smooth and it was interesting to watch the progress of the order to boot. Unfortunately it'll have to wait a while to be fitted - not home until July! :(

PS. And I tip my hat once again to vau for a nicely engineered solution. :)

5. Thank you for the Flowers :)

6. Ooops - they were meant for the Missus!! :eek:;)

7. And here are some pictures of the solution for the genuine single injector: Adapter_Einfachduese_10.JPG Adapter_Einfachduese_6.JPG Adapter_Einfachduese_5.JPG Adapter_Einfachduese_1.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I am trying to fit the adapter to the bike. I have removed the rear screw holding the lower chain slider, but I can't use this, as it has a shoulder on it, and isn't long enough. foosyerdoos, or anybody else, what did you use?
    TIA

9. just ordered mine seems amazing you can get things 'printed' modern technology and all that :)

10. Hello Kefs99,
    you need a screw with the following dimensions: M5 x 30 mm.

11. I used a longer screw from my "screw jar" - probably as per above dimensions. On tour in Scotland and its pissing it down so not going out to check the size - sorry!.
    Its all still working a treat.

12. Just in the process of replacing my twin injector on the Mutley with a Scottoiler ESystem fitted. One of the barbs snapped off! Just found Vau & Shapeways offering re the bracket to hold the twin injector in place, which looks brilliant and something that Scottoiler themselves ought to use rather than the 'Heath Robinson' single injector solution they propose. I've got the 5 x 30mm bolt all ready so now just waiting for the Shapeways bracket to come through!
    One thing I did notice on the bottom if the existing, knackered twin injector that the underside plastic look a bit deformed. I'm assuming this is from where the chain has been brushing/jumping against it. Any ideas to reduce this apart from checking chain tension as this is done regularly!

13. My Afam chain lasted 10,000 miles with a single injector/eScottoiler fitted. Not too impressed with the thing. You need to cut the tip of the hose to a 45 degree angle and face it away from the face of the sproket otherwise it will become plugged if you just face it to the sproket side; as seen in picture above. That has been my experience over the last 18,000 miles with it on!
    Now have a D.I.D. chain on and will see how long that lasts.

14. This is interesting - just wondering if it's possible to get hold of the STEP/IGES file for the single injector? I use 3D CAD for my job, so may look at adapting the file to make something using a metal bracket that I can fabricate myself.

cheers,

Nik

Do Not Sell My Personal Information