1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completey Motorbikes Gone Into Administration

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cookster, Oct 4, 2024.

1. The giant shopping mall killed the high street, and now the internet is killing them, slowly….

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  2. Completely agree, evolve or extinction looms.
    My industry and companies were predominantly disks in boxes in the 80s, cd's in boxes in the 90s, then download in the 00s, now live services and free to play.

#162 J0n3s, Oct 14, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024
  3. Kodak! Remember them.

They didn’t evolve either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. What abour Britannia music mail order? Another one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knew Kodak very well.

In the 90s we were one of Polaroid's biggest customers, used to buy boxes of their Instamatic film by the hundreds/thousands every month (photos of prototypes to send around the world). Digital cameras, PDF and email reduced that to nothing.

Good to see that both Kodak and Polaroid are still around in some form.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. @Scuff would be interested to know what you disagree with

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. i too am glad that Mrs Simon wasn't succesful.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. ..it's the Forum Gremlin Jon, 99.9% certain that it's been applied incorrectly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Probably another rogue rating….

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kids these days buy a moped until they can pass their car test at 17 and buy an Audi S3, they can’t be arsed with all the bike tests and waiting until they’re a certain age to get a big bike. One of the reasons you don’t see younger riders.

Our age were raggin around on 250’s when we were 17 passed a test which was a quick ride round the block and bought a 750 and our car was 1:1 Fiesta.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. @J0n3s .. Exactly this ^^^

Removed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cool. Wasn’t seeking an argument btw, was genuinely interested in counter views.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I don’t trust any ratings these days

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. My local Panzer dealer(BMW) went months ago. Now have 4 hour round trip if I want a dealer stamp☹️ Apparently no other parties wer interested in taking over the place. HD we’re in same building. Now all the chrome tassel brigade just cruise up and down outside and flick the v’s at the shop. I kid you not.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. You may have a few of these, was wondering the same about my post but couldn’t be arsed to ask

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 99% of user respondents agreed with you :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. The getting your full licence isn’t that difficult, complicated or costly my Son passed his 125 test without any lessons at all. He’ll do the same when he’s 19 still no lessons.

The age part is the biggest turn off possibly if you don’t go through the hoops as you go. My Son will be riding a full power bike at 21 most everyone else will wait until they’re 24 for that privilege.

As you stated it’s much easier to just drive a car than ride a bike. The chite weather doesn’t help much either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. They discovered digital photography and didn't know, till it was too late , what they had,they did patent it tho

19. I think there is more to it than just the cost and difficulty. Younger generations have less interest in either cars or bikes to my mind. They just see them as a form of transport and a lot of the time neither are the best form to them. My son and his mates prefer using trains as it’s much easier than getting stuck in the inevitable traffic queues. They can see there are too many vehicles on the road. Plus they can then have a drink too.
    Personal transport needs to up its game massively if it is to have a future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. I haven’t as yet met a kid who prefers public transport over a car or motorcycle, but then I don’t live in a town with great connectivity to other areas of the UK.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information