1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dash Screen Vulnerable To Scratches?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, May 24, 2015.

1. Fitted the screen protector film today, and went for a ride. It is even glossier. With the sun behind me, it was now reflecting from the dash more brightly, so much so that I was nearly being blinded. Still the dash surface is protected from damage, which has got to be an improvement.

2. Anyone got a spare Screen Protector Film for a 2015 model - I can "borrow"?

I've checked out all the sources of the screen protector films - looks like the eBay and Amazon links are just shop fronts for protectionfilms24.com who now only list films for the new 1200 Monster. I've attempted to email them regarding available of a 2015 Multistrada film, but not had a reply yet.

I pickup my bike next Friday (19th) and I would like to fit a screen protector film from day one. Is there anyone who has a spare film I can have, on the understanding that I send them a replacement as soon as they are available again? I'll cover the first class postage costs, via a PayPal gift.

PM me if you can help. Thanks in advance,
    Steve

PS.
    There are 3 types of film available for the 1200 Monster:
    1. Sunshade Display - matte / anti-reflective 3M Vikuiti film - £8.71 each (3 for 2 offer)
    2. SafeDisplay - clear 3M Vikuiti film - Pack of 3 for £5.08
    3. Savvies - clear film - Pack of 6 for £2.90
    Looks like the SunShade option (1) may be the long term solution.

3. Steve,

PM me your address and I will get one in the post.

Jimmy

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Diamaduk / Jimmy - many thanks. PM sent.

5. Not got my bike yet but if anyone comes across the screen protectors let us know, or if someone manages to place an order get me one and i will square you up later :upyeah:

6. Remember covering your books in that laminate stuff from the stationary shops in school. Will that stuff not do the job until someone can find a decent seller of screen protectors?

7. Welderman, I have one spare you can have, PM me your address and I will get it posted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gave my screen a gentle wipe with a damp cloth before fitting a screen protector, and have noticed very fine scratches, it doesn't take much to mark it. Having said that, as soon as the screen lights up you can't see anything other than that glorious display!

9. Noticed mine is scratched to buggery and I have even touched it once! Some quite bad marks on it already.

10. When I picked mine up the plastic cover was still on it, he took it off in front of me, I not touched it since, and it is fine, I comment that does add up commenting on the screen, Demo bikes people may touch it thinking it was touch screen and marking it.

11. There are various plastic polishing kits,
    I'm sure if you followed the instructions you could completely remove the scratches before fitting the protectors.
    Further you could then satin the protector to help with refection.

Poor show from Ducati not to have foreseen this.
    I see a back lash coming later.

12. Initially I used a cut-down laptop screen protector. Easy enough to do, though I didn't bother with the little gear indicator cut out area.

For those bothered about reflection, you could get a matt laptop screen protector and cut that down. Easy as pie.

I wouldn't use the clear film used for school exercise books as that's proper sticky and would be a nightmare to remove.

13. The Savvies protector I fitted, made specifically for the DVT Multi, seems OK. So I have five left from the pack of six. Except that now I can't remember where I put them. D'oh!

14. Hi Diamaduk got the screen protector today many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did you ever find you rear wheel socket?

16. I never lost the rear wheel socket. As for the converter piece from 3/4 inch to 1/2 inch square, I never found it but I bought another one.

17. My bike hasn't arrived yet (next week or two hopefully) and I would like to be prepared - could someone please give me the dimensions of the display (although I assume the displays are all the same size, mine is the 'S').
    Also, would a screen protector fit under the gear indicator frame or would it need to be shaped around it?

Cheers.

18. If you get a couple of laptop or ipad screen protectors they will be plenty big enough. When I cut my own I just fitted it around the gear indicator frame - depends on your ability to cut small straight lines and measure properly!

19. The gear indicator frame is stuck to the surface pretty tight. If you levered it away to slide something under it, you would risk damaging the dash permanently. Don't do it!

20. Thanks chaps.
    I've asked 3M if they can recommend anything from their product range.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information