1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dash Screen Vulnerable To Scratches?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, May 24, 2015.

1. Nah, I average 20mpg in town, 27 on a run.

2. ??????????? :Nailbiting:

3. Morning guys just noticed the screen protectors are back on Amazon.
    Vikuiti MySunshadeDisplay Screen Protector ARMR220 from 3M for Ducati Multistrada 1200S (2015)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. On ebay as well, just ordered some

5. Thanks mate... Just ordered mine.. Looks like there's only a couple left on ebay so be quick if you want some

6. They're doing the sunshine protector for around £13 or the standard protector (pack of 3) for around £6 - both on Amazon.

Search for Multistrada 2015 and you should see both.

7. So will the 3M Vikuiti 'MySunshadeDisplay' also 'flow' into the gear position indicator as a single, neat screen protector?
    If it does, then this is a no-brainer IMO

8. It should - just depends how good you can apply them!

Its a little fiddly - and getting rid of dist is my biggest issue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mmm... Wonder if they can be applied using soapy water and little squeegee, I think that's how pro's in graphics do things

10. ;)

#90 Hyperextended, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 5
  11. Are the 2 helmets in the bottom trigger-hand corner the number of lives you've got left? :)

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. ;)

#93 Hyperextended, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. In the post this morning one free gratis dash screen protector from Ducati! Didn't ask for or even mention it. Must be a new directive. Slightly bloody late of course as mine is already scratched somewhat. Good to know Ducati recognising there is an issue though.

14. Call me Mr sceptical, but no doubt Ducati supplying a £3 protector is a cheap way of staving off complaints, and warranty claims. If they intend to sort the issue properly, then that's fine, but if this protector directive is the "solution", then that's not acceptable, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Back on ebay

16. Bought an ipad cover, started tryong to fit, realised I risked causing more damage with the blade I was cutting it with, so junked it. If it gets that bad I'll be sqweaming and sqweaming until I'm thick

17. If this is the case, will dealers get them in for existing and new bikes? Would stop the likes of bradders still trying to DIY his own

18. yep same here. Looks like it will scratch just by looking at it. Did you create any probs with reflections adding the film?

19. Just back from a week in Europe and the Multi was brilliant. What wasn't so brilliant was me getting petrol over the dash during one of many fill ups. Clumsy I know!

Being wary of cleaning the dash with anything other than the softest of microfibre cloths (its already scratched) I struggled to clean the petrol residue off. The result being that I now have something resembling a smeary water mark over the screen, which seems to be properly burned in to the plastic. Bugger.

Although it looks a bit crap when switched off, once the dash is lit up it's hardly noticeable. I'm still hoping for a recall though - all seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information