1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dash Screen Vulnerable To Scratches?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, May 24, 2015.

1. Yes petrol and ducati plastisol do not mix! Stained my mirror last week left a white mark on the black mirror body. Luckily had some black bumper polish from the last century at home which polished the stain out ....phew!

2. Did anyone have issues with air bubbles in the screen protectors?
    I bought the 3m Vikuiti screen protectors on amazon and they all wouldn't stick in the same areas, mostly around the gear indicator. At first I thought it was air bubbles or dust, but I tried all 3 screen protectors in the pack and the all don't stick in the same places. I thoroughly cleaned the screen with glass cleaner and a microfiber and then resorted to isopropyl alcohol and still no luck.
    The screen protector adds glare, but otherwise isn't very noticeable when the bike is running. It just looks like crap to anyone walking by since it doesn't cover the entire screen and also because of the areas that don't adhere. The best I can guess is that screen is concave in these areas. I cut up an anti glare tablet screen protector as a temporary measure since I had used all 3 protectors in the package determining that the problem was the screen. Bad idea, the protector started turning opaque after one day sitting outside at work; it does make the areas that don't adhere much more visible to show you guys.

MTS DVT Screen Protector Debacle.JPG

3. I'm not buying this model bike for this reason.
    That's one cash buyer with Ducati blood who's waiting for you guys to sort it!
    I love the multistrada

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I've almost done 4k miles on mine now... Every one has been an absolute joy.. Its the best bike I've ever owned and yes the niggles annoyed me at first but I've learned to live with em. Agree that they should have been sorted before now but I'm still glad I took the plunge.. Life's too short...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bought this bike. My screen is flawless because I've never touched it in a way that would scratch. Even if it did get scratches, as I'm sure it will, I couldn't care less. It's just a machine.

6. I've got to say, I agree. I have a non DVT, but have never felt the urge to touch the screen because it is not a touch screen! Might feel differently if I had shelled out on a new bike though, but still see no reason to touch it.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. No one wants to touch that numb dvt dash screen Nuttsmutts.....but the wind screen adjuster is right above it which can be height adjusted on the move - inevitably a knuckle guard on a gloved hand will catch the windscreen adjuster on its lowest position [emoji43]

8. Sorry it will catch the dash screen on the wind screen height adjusters lowest setting aarrgghh! Crystal Glow usually polishes these scuffs out but hard knuckle guards on gloves can do some damage to the dash screen!!

9. I notice that I get glare from the dash in sunshine. Actually really bright mirror like glares. I'm thinking matt screen protector cut to size. I'll get it done after my upcoming trip and see how it goes.

10. New dash unit now fitted under warranty from Snell's (no quibbles, great service as usual), also got the side stand recall done and the new fuel map. Happy days!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. That's possibly the saddest excuse not to buy a bike that I've ever heard.

You won't buy it coz it might get scratched? Seriously? [emoji23]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. I bought one from ebay 2€99.
    Hope that will fit nice.
    Do you follow step by step?

13. I spoke to the Ducati Tech man at the London Motorcycle show today about the screens scratching so easily and he said that Ducati know about it and will be fitting new clocks to all the bikes. I think he said the process would start in 3 to 6 weeks. The manufacturer that produced the screens chose a material that was too soft.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ;)

#114 Hyperextended, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mine was also scratched out of the box, so hope Ducati will solve this now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Is the likely to be a proper recall then ?

17. I'll believe this when it happens, probably the same time they admit the fuel sender needs a recall.

18. I asked if it was a recall and he was really quick to deny 'recall' but said they would all be changed at some schedule or service or something like that. I can't remember the word he used. I suppose 'recall' suggests something dangerous that has to be fixed. He stated that the plastic was too soft and gets scratched just by wiping rain drops off with a glove.

19. Be interesting to see if anything is mentioned when I take mine in next month then...

20. Recalls are only ever for safety issues.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information