1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash Warranty Claim?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Franksie, Mar 15, 2014.

1. I'm sure that for the most part dash misting won't be a problem in Italy or Spain [​IMG]
    But what I've come to realise is that you don't have to go out in the wet to get misting in the dash. Rain doesn't get into it. The moisture comes from damp air that gets trapped inside it. As I said above my dash spent the winter in a jar of silica gel and hasn't seen rain since but is still showing signs of misting. The only solution is going to be to hermetically seal it so that no air gets in or out, which I think would be very difficult, or allow more air in so that it can 'breathe' more easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I agree with Derek.
    My dash never saw water or rain and never been washed, never not a drop.
    and this in the pic is the second one...
    [​IMG]

3. OK DesmoDucMan now I'm very curious.....Your chain and sprockets look immaculate after 23K kms and you've never washed your bike or got it wet? Clearly you don't reside in our wetland but where do you ride your bike? in an air conditioned velodrome?

Anyway, It does also seem very strange that you had that condensation. My bike has had it very rarely (I remember once in Scotland) but is kept in a car port so never subject to sudden changes that I guess some bikes experience coming out of a lovely heated garage.

4. Me too! Via Santander. It really does take the chore out of the tour. Then down to Portugal to get the bike nice and thoroughly dried :upyeah:

5. There are many ways to clean your bike without washing it, not so difficult. I live in Greece, no wet roads here and it does not rain often. Personally I never ride my bikes with rain.

My original dash replaced at 15k because of the neutral light problem, but no problems with condensation.
    This the second dash had the condensation three or four times after i got the bike out of my garage in the sun but cleared after almost half an hour. The dash is still in warranty but i believe that the next one will be the same.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information