1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT De-cat Pipe 2016 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Deepingdj, Apr 25, 2016.

1. I thought the same regarding pannier fitment, the Indy arrow is a bit shorter & cheaper, but I can't see a problem with panniers, with the better looking works can fitted
    Keep the thread updated Jordan, I'll do the same
    Steve

2. I fitted one to mine 1000 miles ago and it runs great (no mapping). It fits fine with panniers and does pop back which sounds superb.

The secret is to secure the exhaust value cable without any kinks in it and it only took 40 mins to swop over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Just ordered the same one on Thursday. It will arrive next Tuesday so they say. Gonna get mine modified to be able to use the panniers.

4. Got a link Steve?

5. Look on a previous post in this thread to see what Andyh had to say regarding panniers

6. The Works is 30mm longer than the Indy, which should make it better for the panniers.

7. Does it make it better for pannier fitment, being 30mm longer than the Indy can ??
    The works is certainly a better looking can than the Indy ( imho)
    Should be bit quieter too

8. The problem is with the exhaust gases. The can has to be long enough to keep them away from the pannier, to avoid overheating.

9. Yeah, I didn't understand that either.

10. Here are a couple of pictures of the indy fitted to mine with the pannier on.

There's loads of clearance and it don't cause any issues to the pannier etc, it does sit close to the wheel but again no issue.

2016-06-07 12.12.48.jpg

2016-06-07 12.12.58.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just get it ordered !

12. Superb! Thanks for sending those in.
    I'm gonna be brave and order it today without even checking with Purchasing Dept.
    She'll never tell the difference. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ohhhhh!
    Slippery slope nkibble, slippery slope. :)

14. I received my Mivv Suono with decat and got it installed last weekend. It was 750 USD including shipping. I wear ear plugs and think it's a bit loud with the db killer installed. I haven't taken it out yet and probably never will. I don't want to piss off the neighbors leaving at 7am. It sounds really good and has plenty of pops and burbles, which I love, during engine braking. It really sounds like a V-twin between idle-5000rpm now; it just wails above that. I've noticed a slight increase in mid range torque, because it likes to power wheelie a bit more than with the stock exhaust. I don't have any videos yet, but I'll post a link when I get around to mounting a GoPro on the bike.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I've only gone and ordered it!

Ordered it on the sly - only to realise I've paid with my missus' account by mistake! D'oh! :anguished:

Now had to do an emergency transfer, explain why I've had to do it, AND sit through a lecture on how I'm wasting money. I blame you for leading me astray guys. :tonguewink:

Oh well! It'll be here soon... :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information